Jake Trbojevic ... Time to deliver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
Duff said:
If we can just call St Ives "Terrey Hills South", we can claim Foz as a local junior.

Perhaps Belrose West is better

Asquith plays in the mw comp, he's a junior in my eyes.

Re jake, time to deliver. Gimme a break, he had a shocking broken ankle that kept him out. Maybe this should be held against him??

it's not about local juniors these days, it's about players who make their NRL debut at the club. And we rank very highly on that.

Jake T is a great ball playing forward who at 20 already has plenty of size on his side and consistently runs out on that field determined to lead by example!
Anyone who has seen him play week in week out could understand why the call to deliver has been made BUT I do think the call is a little pre-mature! He is only 20, he still has a lot to learn and no doubt he should be nurtured through his transition into 1sts!

I do think you will see a game or two from him in 1st in 2015 and this is what I love about Manly, they have such a great strategy when it comes to preparing those young men who are on the cusp of an NRL career! And even though there has been some hype around some of our juniors like Jake & Gutho, who Manly see as the future of the club, but more often then not they tend to hold the boys back, gradually building them through to FG, while keeping them as unknowns as best they can so they can focus solely on their footy without the unnecessary pressures of media hype!

Be patient fellow supporters because when Tooves decides Jake is ready, as well as a couple of other 'unknowns' for that matter, they will explode onto the scene with all the qualities of a week in week out first grader!! ;)

Bird Up said:
Jake T is a great ball playing forward who at 20 already has plenty of size on his side and consistently runs out on that field determined to lead by example!
Anyone who has seen him play week in week out could understand why the call to deliver has been made BUT I do think the call is a little pre-mature! He is only 20, he still has a lot to learn and no doubt he should be nurtured through his transition into 1sts!

I do think you will see a game or two from him in 1st in 2015 and this is what I love about Manly, they have such a great strategy when it comes to preparing those young men who are on the cusp of an NRL career! And even though there has been some hype around some of our juniors like Jake & Gutho, who Manly see as the future of the club, but more often then not they tend to hold the boys back, gradually building them through to FG, while keeping them as unknowns as best they can so they can focus solely on their footy without the unnecessary pressures of media hype!

Be patient fellow supporters because when Tooves decides Jake is ready, as well as a couple of other 'unknowns' for that matter, they will explode onto the scene with all the qualities of a week in week out first grader!! ;)
Jake will decide when he is ready to play NRL and not 2V
David Klemmer last season at 20 years of age was ready to play NRL City Origin and for Australia . When your good enough your old enough !!!

He will be amongst it this season I believe, with departures of Jason king, watmough, gifty along with the none arrival of tetavano he has to be.
I believe our pigs look like this for round 1.
Starting pack 13. Buhrer 12. Mateo 11. Symonds 10. Lawerence 9. Ballin 8. Mason
Bench - Jesse SL, Lui, Vave, starling. Sorry but horo is crap and will get found out now he he has to run more than 2 decoys and 4 hit ups for 30 metres.
Jake t is next in line now I can see looking at that pack we need something even the interchange. Blake Leary and the famed chee kam may also get shot.
Can anyone tell me looking at that pack who makes the 100 metres and 20 tackles to replace watmough?

More like 130+ metres and at least 30 tackles! People here are underestimating the workload watmough did and how big of a hole he has left.. They were all tough metres too, in our 40 m zone.. Plus the quick play the balls.

Gonna be interesting without him.

Yeah I have serious doubts, can mason turn the clock back 10 years he averaged 70 to 80 last season, Mateo can give you second phase but no much else, buhrer has not the size work rate good but not quality metres, tommy symonds has size but lacks work rate has potential. Starling is a plodder,Lawrence cannot give that either.
Simply how can you replace a 2 time premiership, with over a dozen origin and tests.
This is not a choc wank fest he carried on like a dick, but I can see now the huge holes in our pack.
I simply struggle to see how we can get from our own end without a piggy back, starling and horo will not do they simply not up to task. Wille mason at 34 has massive responsibility the other I think has ability is tommy symonds he has ability to break line needs to be more involved.

joeboy said:
More like 130+ metres and at least 30 tackles! People here are underestimating the workload watmough did and how big of a hole he has left.. They were all tough metres too, in our 40 m zone.. Plus the quick play the balls.

Gonna be interesting without him.

Yeah, I agree. Out of our 2 big recruits, it will be much easier for Mason to fill Kingy's spot than it will be for Mateo to fill the massive hole Watmough has left.

winnyason said:
He will be amongst it this season I believe, with departures of Jason king, watmough, gifty along with the none arrival of tetavano he has to be.
I believe our pigs look like this for round 1.
Starting pack 13. Buhrer 12. Mateo 11. Symonds 10. Lawerence 9. Ballin 8. Mason
Bench - Jesse SL, Lui, Vave, starling. Sorry but horo is crap and will get found out now he he has to run more than 2 decoys and 4 hit ups for 30 metres.
Jake t is next in line now I can see looking at that pack we need something even the interchange. Blake Leary and the famed chee kam may also get shot.
Can anyone tell me looking at that pack who makes the 100 metres and 20 tackles to replace watmough?
Adversity brings out the best in some players and we will find out which ones are made out of the right stuff . I haven't seen This Leary guy play and the only thing that stood out from Chee Kam when ever I had seen him playing was his crew cut .

We have still a rolls Royce backs and halfs, the one thing last year I did not like even when choc was about we where man handled in particular horo and starling went missing.
I cannot see it happening with mason as leader of pack.

Possibly JSL & Lui to step it up a little. Maybe Vave make a positive contribution, plus young Jake Turbo. And BJ back to 2013 efforts.

Horhay can't catch a ball, but he's a damaging 130mtrs per game runner, can offload and D is handy enough. With some work, he could step into choc's role (maybe initially off the bench).

Mason & Feliti make lesser contributions.

Wouldn't mind this group;

1. B.Stewart
2. C.Blair (RW)
3. J.Lyon c
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku (LW), outside Matai
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans

8.W.Mason
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Sene-Lefau
12. F.Mateo
13. D.Lui

14. S.Vave
15. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Buhrer
17. J.Taufua (back-row)

5 or 6 others, all good back-up.
Probably no worse than '14, surely??

Jorge is me I have thought of blooded in under 20s as lock at parra. Hard one some of tries he has scored have been amazing the one v sharks in the 2013 elimination comes to mind. He could do those metres for sure.
I see Wolfie and gutherson in front of Blair.

Bandit said:
Possibly JSL & Lui to step it up a little. Maybe Vave make a positive contribution, plus young Jake Turbo. And BJ back to 2013 efforts.

Horhay can't catch a ball, but he's a damaging 130mtrs per game runner, can offload and D is handy enough. With some work, he could step into choc's role (maybe initially off the bench).

1. B.Stewart
2. C.Blair (RW)
3. J.Lyon c
4. S.Matai
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans

8.W.Mason
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Sene-Lefau
12. F.Mateo
13. D.Lui

14. S.Vave
15. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Buhrer
17. J.Taufua (back-row)

Based on Toovey's past choices on squad selection each week, I think this will be our starting team in round 1 (given everyone is injury free).

1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. J.Horo
13. F.Mateo

14. W.Mason
15. S.VaVe
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui
18 J.Sene-Lefao

Horo will most likely have another year like 2014 and Toovey will lose patience with him and opt for Symonds in at 12 and Sene-Lefao in at 16 at some stage during 2015.

If horo starts we are no hope he is rubbish. JSL runs more metres. Even toovey wants to not get outmuscled in pigs things need to change.

winnyason said:
If horo starts we are no hope he is rubbish. JSL runs more metres. Even toovey wants to not get outmuscled in pigs things need to change.

Agreed. Horo will most likely have another year like 2014 and Toovey will lose patience with him and opt for Symonds in at 12 and Sene-Lefao in at 16 at some stage during 2015.

Dicko said:
Bandit said:

1. B.Stewart
2. C.Blair (RW)
3. J.Lyon c
4. S.Matai
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans

8.W.Mason
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Sene-Lefau
12. F.Mateo
13. D.Lui

14. S.Vave
15. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Buhrer
17. J.Taufua (back-row)

Based on Toovey's past choices on squad selection each week, I think this will be our starting team in round 1 (given everyone is injury free).

1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. J.Horo
13. F.Mateo

14. W.Mason
15. S.VaVe
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui
18 J.Sene-Lefao

Horo will most likely have another year like 2014 and Toovey will lose patience with him and opt for Symonds in at 12 and Sene-Lefao in at 16 at some stage during 2015.

Like Gutho, but maybe not just yet.

Blair's not the quickest but he can score a try, defence is great, positional play fair, cool head & as a tall bloke, very safe under the high ball.

I would hope toovs really looks at jorge in back row he could be anything if fit. Could provide those metres.
Blair is solid but is that enough these days, again the issue is the fowards sorry to get things off track but jake will step up but lets not throw him to the wolves. Blooding him v souths or dogs would be not smart.
He will be play around 12 games. But don't expect miracles. Lets remember guys gifty looked like plodder first season become club legend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4