Jake Trbojevic ... Time to deliver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
With a season punctuated by injury, I'm wondering how he's progressing ? Just 12 months ago he was the best on ground for Australia against NZ.

Amazing talent, really need his offloading ability to take off in 1st grade.

I just don't understand the hype around this kid yet. Unproven in 1st grade and everyone is already writing the history books as being the best prop to come out of Brookvale. A lot of people on this forum will be sorely disappointed if he turns out to be another Stromquist. I don't think its his time yet but you never know..

I don't think he needs to prove anything straight away, he is 20 years old. He and his brother were signed on multi year contracts, the club will continue to nurture him. Notice how the club didn't extend the same to Stromquist, and rightly so. There is a reason a handful of clubs were chasing him hard including the Dogs who already have a monster pack.

Pride said:
I just don't understand the hype around this kid yet. Unproven in 1st grade and everyone is already writing the history books as being the best prop to come out of Brookvale. A lot of people on this forum will be sorely disappointed if he turns out to be another Stromquist. I don't think its his time yet but you never know..

Who is rewriting the history books? He is a very promising local junior but still so young for an NRL forward.

I know, we haven't had enough **** on here and you need to create some more, well done!

I understand the hype. He is great. Shocking injury killed his 2014. Would have played in 1sts for second half of the year if not injured. Hope he recovers for 2015.

Jason Taumalolo would play a brilliant game at the cowboys, and be dropped back to reserves the next week. David Klemmer gets a run for Australia, but is still yet have a run on start for his NRL team. You have to be a special talent to be 20 and even considered to play in the engine room in the NRL.

Let the kid develop. If he is good enough he will play some games. If he is great, he may only get to play a couple more. Prop just isn't a young mans spot.

I saw enough in his first grade debut to know he is a special kid. That being said, we can't expect him to deliver consistently for a few seasons at least. Look at Taumalolo, its finally clicked for him after a few years in and out of first grade and he's on his way to being the most destructive forward in the game. Whilst he is a different type of player, I'm expecting JT to become a representative quality prop for us.

I think like Gutherson there is so much talent there. They both love Manly and would play for us for less.. As much as I would like to see them play holding them back isn't a bad thing.

Let the hunger burn whilst they are prepared to wait.

They will be all the better for it.

I used to poke fun at Easts for having a fully imported team. Unless Turbojet or Gutherson makes our top 17 then we will have no Manly juniors... would this be the first time ever?

The Who said:
I used to poke fun at Easts for having a fully imported team. Unless Turbojet or Gutherson makes our top 17 then we will have no Manly juniors... would this be the first time ever?

Yeah. That's us buying the premiership, again.

While other clubs just improve their rosters.

The Who said:

We can still claim a lot of one-club players with debuts at the Sea Eagles. It's not like we have the pool of kids available like some.

I'd be disappointed if our squad was largely made up of first-grade recruits from other clubs.

Not through desire but due to work I was speaking to a moron Souffs supporter the other day. He started to carry on about how he hates Manly because we buy players and don't have any juniors blah blah blah, heard it all that much it's water off a ducks back and I don't argue with amoeba anyway. However I did point out that Souffs won the title due to 4 pommies, a couple of kiwis and several Queenslanders. Moronic silence was the reply.

I don't think it matters where they were born, or where they played as a 15 year old; it's about who develops them into an NRL level player, and if you go through the Manly team;

Snake
Hiku
Matai
Taufua
Foran
DCE
Starling
Ballin
Buhrer
JSL
Glenn Stewart
Watmough

all debuted in the maroon and white. Buying a premiership is when you hand pick established first graders, kinda like what Canterbury do.

I'd take Starling, Taufua, JSL & Hodges out of that, they were already developed, manly just gave the the opportunity...but good list still!

Mal Cochrane said:
I'd take Starling, Taufua, JSL & Hodges out of that, they were already developed, manly just gave the the opportunity...but good list still!

Hodges debuted for the Cowgirls.

Taufua was unwanted by the Eels, and Starling and JSL are both 24 and are only just finishing their first seasons of FG, so I think the point still stands; we don't try and buy the best players, we sign discards and get them into our system where they finally blossom.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2