Jake Trbojevic .... Destined for greatness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still do that every time I see Beaver's try in the 2008 GF ;)

But its great to see Jake finally getting recognition. Don't get me wrong but he's done more than Tommy this year but its Tom who's been the headline grabber (at least for the right reasons).
Little Jake T when a just a bub - he was destined for greatness even then...
upload_2015-7-30_11-53-38.jpeg

Last edited:
How good is he. Not only is one of the best tacklers in the game, has a good pass, some late footwork at the line, and is starting to bend the defense back. 200m on the weekend, outstanding!

Another big plus is his natural strength. He wrestles players to the ground, and also when he is being tackled can hold his own, often standing with players on him, allowing a quicker play the ball - rather than being put on his back. Mason said at training when they practice wrestling, he is one of the strongest he has ever wrestled, like a bear!

Hope he gets rookie of the year, really deserves it playing in what has been described as a weak pack and excelling in a really tough position. Keep going Jake!

Jake only played 6 mins his first game so his avg stats per game are a bit flawed. Excluding the first game against the storm his avg this year is 118m using nrl.com. I think the good parts about his efforts are that he does it in a losing team in most cases.

Last edited:
Said it before but will say it again: this kid is the undisputed leader of our forward pack in his first full year at the top level. And he's only 21 years old. It's a massive achievement playing the toughest position in the toughest week-in, week-out sporting comp in the world.

Jake only played 6 mins his first game so his avg stats per game are a bit flawed. Excluding the first game against the storm his avg this year is 118m using nrl.com. I think the good parts about his efforts are that he does it in a losing team in most cases.

Kinda makes a joke of Greg Alexander's comment during the Cows game 2 weeks ago that we don't have a forward who runs for 100+ metres every week. I know Jake hasn't run over 100m every game, but in some games its been hard to do that because of the amount of possession we haven't had, not to mention usually being on the bench for 35+ minutes per game. Last weekend in Auckland showed what he can do when given more time on the field. 71 minutes, 26 runs, 238 metres gained. And that was against one of the bigger and better rated (though not always consistent) forward packs in the NRL.

Sure, rotate the other props such as Big Willie and Star, but leave Jake out there to do his thing. We're better with him out there and as seen numerous times, our defence up the middle is so much stronger when he's out there.

Last edited:
Love this kid
Hey parra trolls he will never leave Manly
There's a saying: "every man has his price". Problem is the salary cap is only $6M... And they'd need every_single_cent LOL!!

Jeebus but he's going great guns is Jake. Fantastic prop!!

He s a prop, scored a double, tackles like the bejeezuz, - the classic matchwinner.
I wonder if he can play cricket . . . Could he get back in time for the Raiders game?

We've struggled to score up the middle all year as we prefer going wide. Jake has now done it 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

Our late charge to the finals has been helped by the fact that he has had to play all year. He has developed so much in a short space of time by being relied on so heavily.

Jake will be a NSW starting prop in 2 years time. His defence is first class, his tackling style reminds me of Terry Randall, especially around the boots, he cuts them down. He has leadership qualities as well and has that calming effect that Killer has. We are a lucky team to he and his brothers as part of our future.

Forgot about 2 years time. He will be the starting SOO prop next year. Tamou/Woods/Klemmer/Fifita don't hold a candle to this kid.

No front rower has an engine like him. As i've said at the start of the thread this is tip of the iceberg . He may not have the muscular build but look at how he smashed through heavy contact from Burgess and Gresvmuhl for his last try. The kid is granite !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4