1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Friend...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by susan, Jun 9, 2014.

1. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    .....is now > Cameron Smith. No one will come out and say it but plenty are thinking it.

2. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    don't care.
    discussion over.

• Like Like x 1
  3. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    I care because of my hatred for the Scum and the fact this bloke can do no wrong and basically plays to his own rule book..He is 31 yet the Broncos were going to give him a million for 4 years.If he is not in decline I am missing something.

4. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,549 / 32
    What caused this unholy metamorphosis? Is Friend a friend of the Devil? Dark forces are at work here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    I noted it last year - if he is not in their Team, they are running around like headless Chooks :cool:

However, Cam is still the master manipulator as far as Officialdom goes - Friend can not match Cam's undermining of their decisions, that ultimately result in their not calling his constant offside and forward pass plays:dodgy:

6. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    I'll discuss, only if you give me a "like" Susan.

7. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    My heartiest apologies for the use of the word "discuss". .it has been removed.

8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    lol, commander. Susan hangs onto his "likes" like a lawyer onto their retainer!

9. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Woolgoolga, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    That would make cam the "Scumdog Millionaire"

There is hope, I think he was penalised several times in the ruck last night, Bad referee, Bad boy.

Also starting to rate hinchcliff as an up and comer in the grub stakes.

10. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    I think what's missing, for mine susan, is some well deserved praise for Manly and their forwards this week...

I may have missed it, but some acknowledgement and concession that you're assessment was a little wide of the mark there, wouldn't go astray!

I also couldn't give a s#1t about Smith and Friend today, BTW.

Enjoy the public holiday mate.

11. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Getting a 'like' out of Jatz Crackers is the holy grail of 'likes' ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    There's no doubt Smith has benefited with being able to take club combinations into the rep level, which probably makes his game seem a little better than it truly is. That sort of innate knowledge of where your teammate will be in different situations and what they are good and bad at makes his decision making look better than it would be if he was going into a team with a spine he wasn't familiar with. Slater, Cronk and he, and to a lesser extent Inglis, have played plenty of games together.... they know each other back the front. (I'm sure they've lined up in the shower like that many a time)

But saying that I still think he is the best in the business. He's not a dynamic, sniping, running dummy half, but he has a very good football brain and is a great ball player. Grub or not, he is still the best.

Friend has some way to go before he even start to hold a candle to Smiths achievements.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    In my mind dce starting and him to the bench are going to be huge bonus for qld in state of o 2

14. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Jake Friend is the underrated player of the Roosters star studded team. When he doesn't play, or goes off for 10-15mins they are nowhere near as effective. He's just a typical no.9, competitive, tough and a touch of class at times.

Greater than Cameron Smith?? Highly debatable. I do think he is declining (slowly, still at 95%), but still an absolute quality player (even though he is a tool).

15. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,601 / 45
    Jakey will not be in the SOO 2 side.

16. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Considering he was 18th man and dce would start I would think he will be on the bench

17. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,601 / 45
    Cherry was on the bench to play at lock. Qld will look for a ball playing lock for the bench, not a hooker that can play half. And that may be their downfall if injury strikes again. Cherry did not train at all with the halves for game one. This time he will and he and Thurston will be on fire. Smith will lift too.

18. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Yes, yes, yes. I found it!!

[attachment=806]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    Jake Friend is only 1 rung below Smith on ability & on the grub meter as well.

20. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Is he related to Nathan, or are they just friends?

• Like Like x 1