Jake Friend Arrested

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Gallop must be thankful that this is 2009. If it was in 2 1/2 weeks time then they would all count to next year's misdemeanours.

"Sydney Roosters hooker Jake Friend has been suspended by his club indefinitely after a weekend altercation with a taxi driver, which resulted in police charges and has left his NRL career hanging by a thread.

Friend could know his fate this afternoon, with club chief executive Steve Noyce to meet head coach Brian Smith within hours to discuss further punishment.

Police have confirmed Friend will face court in January after being charged with offensive language and failure to pay a taxi fare after having to be woken by officers in the taxi early on Sunday morning.

A statement said a 19-year-old abused police and refused to pay his fare about 5.30am. The taxi driver had sought assistance from officers at Randwick police station after being unable to wake the teenager. Police made more unsuccessful attempts to wake him before he was finally roused and helped from the vehicle.

Officers have alleged Friend became abusive to police, and he was taken to Maroubra station and charged. He will appear before Waverley Local Court on January 13.

Friend met Noyce this morning and was later sent home by the club boss, who suspended him from all club duties indefinitely.

It is the third time this year that Friend has fallen foul of the law. He was convicted of drink driving following a team bonding session and later charged over a nightclub brawl.

Friend re-signed with the Roosters for three more years in August.

Roosters management has advised the NRL, which last week announced new guidelines for off-field incidents.

A tribunal comprising NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley and former players Michael Buettner and Mark O'Neill will then review the case and the way the club has handled it before making a recommendation to NRL chief executive David Gallop on whether tougher action is required."

smh.com.au

I know that I had a shot at some journos on the Gallen thread but this one is at the other end of the scale.This bloke seems like so many of the Generation i-pod...no brains and no respect for anyone.3-4 times in one year?....bloody loser,hope he gets punted for good.(End of rant.)

I don't buy into this whole Generation bullsh*t. Friend's just a douchebag, he would've been the same whether he was born in 1965 or 1990. Odds are his parents are douchebag's as well, and they ain't Gen Y's.

The cops should have sprayed and then tasered the dickhead.  His contract should be torn up. 

This guy's just an embarrassment.  To everything.
That said, if he doesn't get booted out of the NRL then i don't see how any other player could take their new stance and investigators seriously.  I mean, a kid who's done it 3 times in a year?  I still can't believe how light he got off for his drink driving escapade.  He's on his P's which is even worse. 

bye-bye-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000291-large.gif

Maybe he will plead not guilty? Doesn't matter looks like he is sacked already (and tasered etc).

I was once arrested for something similair..... I got to have my say in court and the cab driver is no longer in business and the policeman was put before the crime and misconduct commission.

Not saying this is the same sort of thing but it is possible to run into a very rude cab driver then into a cop trying to throw his weight around.

I'm hedging my bet that his defence will be that he suffers from bipolar disorder like all the other losers that have caused a misdemeanour.

1 year playing in Cairns and his rehab will be finished and he will be back. Ooops, that's Carney. No difference really. A little Bird said to look to his manager linking him with French Rugby, his girlfriend will stand beside him in court and he will eventually sign another NRL contract. Woops again, that could be anyone else. Same rubbish, new year.

Serial pest. I've never heard of this guy or seen him play.

For the club to retain him after continuous infringements, he must either be:

a) a future rep player
b) Related to heirarchy

I think none of the above. So the Rooters have to be the DUMBEST club in the world.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6