Jake and Ligi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Seems that quite a few people are mentioning a lack of size on Jake T's substantial frame...I was just looking again at that picture of him, Tom and Gutherson standing together after they extended contracts, and noticed that he's as tall, if not taller than Gutho. Jake is listed at 186cm on the website, while Gutho is at 191cm. Looks to me like he may have shot up a bit over the past few months, which will generally mean he's thinned out a bit too.

Same for Ligi - he's definitely leaner than he was when he first came here, and looks taller as well.

Don;t really know where this is going - guess I'm just reassuring myself that we'll have two gun starting props (which they are/should be) who are big enough to handle monster forward packs, in a year or two.

LEANER??? This is Manly! He needs to pack on the pud ASAP if he wants to keep his spot!
Couldn't we get Big George in as 'Size Coach'. He'd love come back and demonstrate to the lads how to do what he loves to do. Lets face, ppl gravitate towards what they are good at.

Jake does look a little leaner than he did a few years ago when warming up with the side against Canberra however that day he looked bigger than anyone else in maroon and white, that was my first look up close when comparing him with the big boys and he was big then, well over 110Kg

Jake does look a little leaner than he did a few years ago when warming up with the side against Canberra however that day he looked bigger than anyone else in maroon and white, that was my first look up close when comparing him with the big boys and he was big then, well over 110Kg
Good to know... Its true though, we will need big MOBILE forwards soon enough. Kasiano etc will be dinosaurs by then.

I predict within a year we will have an awesome pack with Myles coming on board, Jake T and Ligi are really blossoming and so good to see them get their chance for this season.

Matt Scott would be no bigger than Jake Turbojet - and he was the best prop in Australia for the past few seasons.

Inthink
Matt Scott would be no bigger than Jake Turbojet - and he was the best prop in Australia for the past few seasons.

Matt Scott is pretty good, but while I'd rate him better than Jake right now, I'd not even consider swapping the pair over. No frikken way.

Let's face it, with the interchange rule coming, we dont need massive and slow props, we need 80 minute forwards.

I think Jake T will grow under the new interchange rule.
Exactamundo!

Its so great to see these two boys getting and taking their chance. Sao should be resigned. Still so much room for improvement for both boys.

Just on the weekend
Jake played 49 minutes.. made 14 hit ups for 135 metres (25 tackles)
Sao played 35 minutes.. made 11 hit ups for 95 metres (23 tackles and a try)

Great stuff especially for Ligi on less minutes.

Leary is a good improvement on Watmough going off that game. 176 metres.. try assist and 39 tackles.

Fantastic effort from the forwards.

Am super impressed how Jake is not following the usual approach when young props come into first grade: try to show everyone how tough you are, give away penalties, make silly mistakes and get injured.

He is smashing people with textbook-like tackling, particularly on tryline, having efficient carries, and doing great work off the ball. He looks a lot brighter than the average young prop. We have another real footballer in the team, not just a one-dimensional power prop. Watch out when he fills out in the next few years and develops more ball skills.

Am super impressed how Jake is not following the usual approach when young props come into first grade: try to show everyone how tough you are, give away penalties, make silly mistakes and get injured.

He is smashing people with textbook-like tackling, particularly on tryline, having efficient carries, and doing great work off the ball. He looks a lot brighter than the average young prop. We have another real footballer in the team, not just a one-dimensional power prop. Watch out when he fills out in the next few years and develops more ball skills.
Yes he could be anything.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4