1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake and Ligi

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Freagle, May 13, 2015.

1. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    Seems that quite a few people are mentioning a lack of size on Jake T's substantial frame...I was just looking again at that picture of him, Tom and Gutherson standing together after they extended contracts, and noticed that he's as tall, if not taller than Gutho. Jake is listed at 186cm on the website, while Gutho is at 191cm. Looks to me like he may have shot up a bit over the past few months, which will generally mean he's thinned out a bit too.

Same for Ligi - he's definitely leaner than he was when he first came here, and looks taller as well.

Don;t really know where this is going - guess I'm just reassuring myself that we'll have two gun starting props (which they are/should be) who are big enough to handle monster forward packs, in a year or two.

2. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,400 / 257
    LEANER??? This is Manly! He needs to pack on the pud ASAP if he wants to keep his spot!

3. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Couldn't we get Big George in as 'Size Coach'. He'd love come back and demonstrate to the lads how to do what he loves to do. Lets face, ppl gravitate towards what they are good at.

4. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 35
    Let's face it, with the interchange rule coming, we dont need massive and slow props, we need 80 minute forwards.

I think Jake T will grow under the new interchange rule.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Jake does look a little leaner than he did a few years ago when warming up with the side against Canberra however that day he looked bigger than anyone else in maroon and white, that was my first look up close when comparing him with the big boys and he was big then, well over 110Kg

6. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    Good to know... Its true though, we will need big MOBILE forwards soon enough. Kasiano etc will be dinosaurs by then.

7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I predict within a year we will have an awesome pack with Myles coming on board, Jake T and Ligi are really blossoming and so good to see them get their chance for this season.

8. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Matt Scott would be no bigger than Jake Turbojet - and he was the best prop in Australia for the past few seasons.

9. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Inthink
    Matt Scott is pretty good, but while I'd rate him better than Jake right now, I'd not even consider swapping the pair over. No frikken way.

10. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,329 / 50
    Exactamundo!

11. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Aayy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Sao is off contract, sign up him meow!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Its so great to see these two boys getting and taking their chance. Sao should be resigned. Still so much room for improvement for both boys.

Just on the weekend
    Jake played 49 minutes.. made 14 hit ups for 135 metres (25 tackles)
    Sao played 35 minutes.. made 11 hit ups for 95 metres (23 tackles and a try)

Great stuff especially for Ligi on less minutes.

Leary is a good improvement on Watmough going off that game. 176 metres.. try assist and 39 tackles.

Fantastic effort from the forwards.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    Do i look like a cat meow? Am i all nimbly bimbly?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Now hurry up meow

Yes they are making number 2 and it is crowd funded, part of that is a beerfest in Sydney

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 1978

1978 Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 14
    Am super impressed how Jake is not following the usual approach when young props come into first grade: try to show everyone how tough you are, give away penalties, make silly mistakes and get injured.

He is smashing people with textbook-like tackling, particularly on tryline, having efficient carries, and doing great work off the ball. He looks a lot brighter than the average young prop. We have another real footballer in the team, not just a one-dimensional power prop. Watch out when he fills out in the next few years and develops more ball skills.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,239 / 31
    Yes he could be anything.

18. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    a giraffe?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I was thinking rhino

• Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  20. ManlyMatt

ManlyMatt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    somebody tell him to stay away from the junk food or he'll be a hippo like gorgeous.