Jackson not charged for chicken wing...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
About a month ago, I made mention in another thread, that even though we all bleat about "Manly loading" and certain sides getting preferential treatment from refs and the MRC, we all know deep down it's not true.

Can I just say, SCRATCH THAT ?

How the flick can they come up with a decision like that ?

micheal buttner an ex norths player is on the mrc and he came on and said it did not go beyond a certain range, is that a free range or caged chicken wing
maybe a starlings wing, maybe if starling stayed down instead of getting up he may have gone for a rest. what amazes me is how come ennis the grub did not get cited for his shoulder charge that he did on dce, obviously a conspirosy against us to allow greenturds team to advance to the GF, wait till you see the contentious rulings this week it will confirm that we never had a chance of progressing

zambuck said:
micheal buttner an ex norths player is on the mrc and he came on and said it did not go beyond a certain range, is that a free range or caged chicken wing
Lol, classic

I can see the logic.

A Starling is a type of bird and so is a chicken so it stands to reason that a chicken wing on a starling would have less effect than on another player.

So, the NRL is now going down the slippery slope of the International Cricket Council which ruled that you can thrown, provided your arm was bent no more than 15-degrees.
Refs are now going to have to carry protractors in their shorts to measure angles.
The NRL clowns get funnier by the day. Forget Channel Nein showing the game, just put the NRL officials on the Comedy Channel and we'd have a smash hit.

Looking at the pics in todays paper....I don't think you could see a more textbook effort of a chicken wing.

One head holding the head into the ground, other arm plus torso leveraging the arm into a classic chicken wing.

Only Jackson being a weak pussy who couldn't move the arm into dangerous territory, but the intent was well and truly there.

His defence in the paper.....

"It's not part of my game"

Ahhh the ol "It's not his go" line.

I don't actually see "it's not his go" listed as a recognised defence in the Crimes Act. Must only work in Greenturdland...

"Your honour, my client could never have murdered all those people because, um, its not his go..."

*hammer drops* "NOT GUILTY! DISMISSED!"

Loobs said:
I don't actually see "it's not his go" listed as a recognised defence in the Crimes Act. Must only work in Greenturdland...

"Your honour, my client could never have murdered all those people because, um, its not his go..."

At this point a good prosecutor should point out that the accused is a Bulldogs fan, which would prima facie establish that it is in fact "his go".

Think its time we start talking abour industrial action; or a breakaway competition. The FAUL. (Fair and Unbiased league), with rules as they were in 2004. Or even 1996 :)

^^^^ Like. I realise Super League is a touchy subject with some but i would happily support a breakaway competition 100%. How things can change!

The disgraceful decision by the match review committee highlights the need for change at the top. 99.99 percent of the league world knows that jacksons tackle is a minimum 2 week ban.

The stench coming from the NRL leader Greenturd is now overwhelming. Come on NRL world wake up to yourselves and remove him.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
TV coverage to be on SBS, or even just on the net, on FAUL.net.au ! Suburban home semis of course.

At least SBS would show free to air games in HD like nine do" the home of the NRL " oh wait they don't :) :)

again there is a big conflict of interest here.

at least if anyone get charged from now on they can use this as a get out of jail free card

If Jackson was suspended that might have people thinking about how getting 10 in the bin for throwing a punch no matter how hard or what caused the punch to be thrown, if that could have the same effect on the game as someone almost ripping an arm out of a socket playing the full game then getting suspended for two weeks after the game..

Nobody was suspended so no need to question another stupidly thought out and quickly implemented rule like the no punching rule.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7