I've had enough of this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Normally I don't mind the 'us v them' mentality at Manly with the media & public - in fact I usually quite enjoy it. However, things have gone too far with the way the media is trying destroy us each day. Deadset, you'd think we'd just been found to be $1m over the salary cap. Instead we are 4 pts clear at the top. How about our no-name forwards like Starling and Lui who are doing the job out there while Glen Stewart, who the press is more than happy to write about, is out with injury? Where's the newspaper articles about the likes of these guys? But no, nothing. Not 1 positive article about our amazing run of form. I've really had enough of this.

So, you've missed Manly's previous 67 years of Media slurs :huh:

Whilst it makes no journalistic sense, it sells papers, so it makes commercial sense for the Manly Bashing to continue unabated :cool:

That's part of being a Manly supporter, and if you let it get to you, they (the media) are winning.
The team looks happy and unified on the field, they are winning games, that's all that matters.

As Killer said before the team flew out to Auckland, in a workplace not everyone is going to get along.

But once they cross that white line and take the field they are all business. If the rift between key players like Snake, Choc and Cherry is as bad as the media would like to portray, we wouldn't be 4 points clear of the competition. We'd be more like the Wests Tigers, stunning one week, shocking the next.

If the rift was that bad, Cherry and Snake wouldn't have been high-fiving after Cherry's try that sealed yesterdays win over the Warriors. If it was that bad, Choc wouldn't have been the first to come to Cherry's aide and then move in on the cheap watch from Belmore when he hit the kid late a few weeks back in the Brookvale Bog.

The players have a common goal - to win the premiership, and I can't see them wanting to stuff up their own chances of that by stuffing up a team mates just because they don't get along off the field.

They've all been around long enough to know that no matter how good their team may be, a premiership is never a forgone conclusion (unless you played for the Dragons in the 50's and 60's). The team has a job to do and they can't complete that job pulling in opposite directions. Tooves and the players know this. They'll be at ANZ again on Grand Final day.....and they won't be spectators.

The stupid thing about all this is that most players wouldn't have a clue about signing etc. That is what they pay their managers to do. So much of this is about managers, best deals, their 7.5 % and most players get on with playing. They get riled up when the managers tell them to or when they are trying to get their prices up. No doubt there are sparks but the management of the board room is a much bigger issue.

I think Holden is right, regarding the players aspect. As he says, if they really didn't get along with eachother, they wouldn't be playing for eachother this way - we would have seen that spill onto the field otherwise. My bigger issue is around the media not giving our performances more attention. They should be celebrating/lauding our success.

Crusher_Cleal said:
I think Holden is right, regarding the players aspect. As he says, if they really didn't get along with eachother, they wouldn't be playing for eachother this way - we would have seen that spill onto the field otherwise. My bigger issue is around the media not giving our performances more attention. They should be celebrating/lauding our success.

Nah why wish for change when things are working?

We're clearly thriving as always with the media against us.

Reverse-psychology or however you see it, be careful what you wish for!

Yeah, its working. So, give it week or so, then say we "make up some stuff" rumours etc. Then we'll see it published in the papers !. Keep it going.
Yeee Haaa.

Something like Player A sleeps with Player B's missus, then C and D find out about it . . . . . . . . :):)

bob dylan said:
From what I have seen life without Gift ain't too shabby.

I agree. Buhrer is the new Gifty. BUT

A fit and firing Gifty adds a whole new dimension to our attack that Burher doesn't have - yet.

I say this with a heavy heart. I was absolutely gutted when Gifty signed elsewhere. More so than any other player that has left our club. That list includes Bozo.

He is the embodiment of the playing culture that has developed at our club over the last 10 years.

Simple solution - stop reading the press (or read each article with a very liberal pinch of salt)

Lets face it almost every story is as a result of some form of leak based on a agenda. These could be

- Player managers trying to get better deals (oh Choc is wanted elsewhere Manly need to sign him up)
- Players trying to send messages
- People with axes to grind (Board member x...or y...or z...)
- "Media" looking to get more clicks / sell stories (Negative manly stories are going to be enjoyed by more telecrap readers than a story about the board troubles, which are as bad as ours, at the eels)

Even the footage you see is often edited (look at how different a full press conference can be V how it is reported)

The more you read into it the more you are going to get yourself worked up...and for what? We have a great club that will survive and thrive

Frank said:
bob dylan said:
From what I have seen life without Gift ain't too shabby.

I agree. Buhrer is the new Gifty. BUT

A fit and firing Gifty adds a whole new dimension to our attack that Burher doesn't have - yet.

I say this with a heavy heart. I was absolutely gutted when Gifty signed elsewhere. More so than any other player that has left our club. That list includes Bozo.

He is the embodiment of the playing culture that has developed at our club over the last 10 years.

I too was more gutted than ever before with a player leaving the club; however, I think moving forward Buhrer is going to prove to be a fine replacement in his own right. What he lacks in the ball playing stakes of Glenn, he makes up for with superior hole running ability. He also has better footwork at the line, and a late offload.

The thing that puts Glenn ahead of Jamie though, are his performances in big games. Until we see Jamie bring his arsenal to the pointy end of the season, can we truly deem him an adequate replacement for Gift.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6