It's The Defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I have been a critic of our defence all season. Tonight we were awesome. It was the same defensive pattern from season and it showed.

16 missed tackles all game.

Ralphie said:
I have been a critic of our defence all season. Tonight we were awesome. It was the same defensive pattern from season and it showed.

Ill drink to that, outstanding effort, souths 6 wins came from teams outside the 8, DON'T MESS WITH THE PREMIERS .......

Yeah it definetly was outstanding defence tonight. It also shows who critical the Snake is to our team, like wow I saw at least to crucial try saving tackles tonight.

Ralphie said:

Nrl Stats has our missed tackles for rhe match as eight.

The last 5 wins souths have had they've been able to bust the opposition in open play.They had nothing tonight we absolutely had them covered all over the park defence wise.

Great defence tonight. And we handled the high ball well considered the wind played havoc all game.

eelcatcher said:
Yeah it definetly was outstanding defence tonight. It also shows who critical the Snake is to our team, like wow I saw at least to crucial try saving tackles tonight.

Indeed his communication & positioning are superb. How good was his one on one strip on Reynolds :-D

Mals said:
eelcatcher said:

Indeed his communication & positioning are superb. How good was his one on one strip on Reynolds :-D

Ah that one was a match winner for sure! I also liked how he led the team to bundle that Rabbitoh player out into touch so clsoe to our line, I thought they were about to score then!

There was a play where he made a try saving tackle.. then he gave that penalty away.. allowing our players to get back. Moved to the otherside of the field.. saved a try.. and then back to the other side of the field and cleared the grubber kick... 3 plays in 3 minutes.. unbelievable player and must be signed at all costs.

Yep defense was great but our attack is still way off, once it clicks the other teams better look out.

torana355 said:
Yep defense was great but our attack is still way off, once it clicks the other teams better look out.

Better completion rate will fix that easily enough.

Ralphie said:

Same attitude as last week Ralphie - same result - 6 points.

If we miss 50 tackles against the Dogs including 20 on Barba & they only score 6 I'm happy again.
Its not missed tackles - its points scored that show attitude & desire & this is a good example - 38 missed last week 16 last night - still the same measly 6 points to show for it - both off bombs......

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6