It's On!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
robbiea said:
The whole thing is about control. Des is a control freak - guess what - it works for him & the club ..Ever heard of Sir Alex Ferguson ?????

Yes it works until they leave the club.

robbiea said:
All u fools are quick to jump on the Penn bandwagon..Did he ever play the game ??. Des may have been controlling ,but he was Manly through & through ..
All this is about Penn wanting to be in charge , The guy knows FA about the game .. We need him gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What point are you trying to make here?

Other than other posters are fools and youve taken one side of the debate. Because that post seems to lack any substance whatsoever.

Jatz Crackers said:
robbiea said:
All u fools are quick to jump on the Penn bandwagon..Did he ever play the game ??. Des may have been controlling ,but he was Manly through & through ..
All this is about Penn wanting to be in charge , The guy knows FA about the game .. We need him gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than other posters are fools and youve taken one side of the debate. Because that post seems to lack any substance whatsoever.

Point is ,people forget quickly what Des has done for the club ,He was pushed .....plain & simple...Penn should of stuck to the business end of the club & left all football matters & decisions up to people who know the game....

robbiea said:
Jatz Crackers said:
robbiea said:

Point is ,people forget quickly what Des has done for the club ,He was pushed .....plain & simple...Penn should of stuck to the business end of the club & left all football matters & decisions up to people who know the game....

Have you read the story in the opening post to this thread?

robbiea said:
Jatz Crackers said:
robbiea said:

"HE WAS MANLY THROUGH AND THROUGH"

Not anymore!

No Manly fan would do this to the club.

I was a Des fan but he can go and fail and slip away quietly into football oblivion as far as i'm concerned. He's another Michael O'Connor but probably worse.

I'm not convinced about Penn either but i'll back him over Des anyday. The mere fact that so many are following Des confirms his involvement in their recruitment. Do you think they would be there if he didn't want them?

Him going was painful but not enough to turn us against him. Him trying to take everyone and strip the club bare is an entirely different story.

At least he was willing to leave the club name and emblem.....nothing much else though!

robbiea said:
The whole thing is about control. Des is a control freak - guess what - it works for him & the club ..Ever heard of Sir Alex Ferguson ?????

Sir Alex is a legend because of what he has done. However, ever since joining Man Utd he has never entertained the possibility of leaving to another EPL club. Why? Simple, why would he hand over control of something he created? Why should someone else get credit for the hard work he had done.

On top of this Man Utd have money and they were already a good club when he came in. He was one of the best Scottish Coaches, taking Aberdeen to their most successful period in their club's history. They didn't have the cash that Rangers and Celtic had but they won numerous titles while he was in charge. He then became Scottish national coach before going to Man Utd.

Firstly, Sir Alex never went to a club in his own league. He didn't go to Rangers after success with Aberdeen. Secondly, Aberdeen weren't a rich club and Man Utd already were so they could afford to pay him more every time he won them a championship. The more he won the more power he got and the more money he received.

Enter the Des situation. We are Aberdeen. Bulldogs are the Rangers (or in my case Celtic because Rangers rule), Leeds Rhinos are Man Utd. Des decided to leave us for the richer club within the same league. It would be like Fergo going to Rangers/Celtic after Aberbeen, or Chelsea after Man Utd (even though they are just as rich). It's unacceptable. If he had gone to Leeds it might have been a different story.

My point here is that you can't use Sir Alex Ferguson's situation as an example because Man Utd have the money, they paid for the best, and they are happy to give him full control because he wins them premierships every single year. They have the cash to pay him an extra million every year, and pump out $100 million + for whatever player he wants and for ground and training ground upgrades, because they have the cash.

Here at Manly we don't have that kind of cash so if Des asks for an upgrade we can't afford, or control over junior development funds (basically more money) and we can't pay it, then he believes he is losing control. This is incorrect, we just can't afford it. If Des doesn't get this then that's his problem. As for KPI's? I'm sure Sir Alex is on KPI's as well because Man Utd aren't going to fork out $30 million a year to have him get them 3rd or 2nd every year, when they could get Mancini for $20 million and he might win the comp every year.

In the end an owner needs to protect their investment. That is what KPI's and Boards are there for and should be respected accordingly.

If Des was Sir Alex he could quite easily have stayed at Manly because he didn't want to hand over what he had created until he retired. Unfortunately he wanted the best of both worlds: leave Manly and don't leave what you built. So he decided to take what he built to another club, tearing this one apart at the same time.

Manly through and through? My arse he's Manly through and through. Arko is Manly through and through, Zorba is Manly through and through, Beaver is Manly through and through, Toovey is Manly through and through. Des is a wring in from the West that used this club for his own financial and personal gain. That is it. He tried at Penrith, Hull/St Helens and Wests to do the same but couldn't. Now he wants to use the Bulldogs as well. Well good luck to them, they can have him. However, all Bulldogs supporters need to remember that his only success has come from being in Maroon and White so don't expect him to succeed at Belmore.

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Des's chances of winning a legal stoush if this goes further. Correct me if I am wrong but as Des was employed by the Sea Eagles under a contract this would be industrial relations matter. As with any employer/employee relationship, it is not easy to terminate an employment contract and the onus is very much on the employer to prove their case and that they acted according to the legislation.
If the employer thinks that a serious breach of contract has occurred, rule number one is that the employer has to present the employee with all the evidence of the breach and give the employee the opportunity to respond to the evidence before they can take the next step.
I hope that the board know what they are doing but the fact that Penn is talking to the media about how and why they acted as they did suggests they haven't thought this through.

Cambo said:
If they have email eviendence dessie really is naive!!! Everyone knows working for a big organisation that has it's only email server that everything can be tracked Including deleted emails.

Cambo isnt the age of technology wonderfull where everything we write, phone or even do is recorded somewhere.As you rightly say d,eleting an email doesnt delete it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6