It's not about the money for Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Truth said:
north coast eagle said:
The Truth said:
Beneath all the hysteria on these boards today the truth has been lost. Des Hasler is a man of the highest integrity and there’s no way he would sell out to the highest bidder there is much more to this story than meets the eye and as fans and members you should all have an open mind until the truth is revealed and it will be revealed.

David Perry has also been on the receiving end of salvos from many on here and on other internet forums today be assured he is not the villain at all.

The Sydney Morning Herald were spot on the deal for Des to remain at Manly was a done over a handshake Scott Penn and our CEO had done a fantastic job to retain Des before an insignificant 3rd party chimed in at the 11th hour wanting to places conditions and restrictions on Des. This is the same 3rd party that wanted to place Key Performance Indicators on Hasler in 2009 so you can join the dots. To put it bluntly that was the straw that broke the camel’s back and he is gone probably with most of his support staff. The football club and their mouth pieces on here will lead you to believe that he has taken more money and left the building don’t be naive and believe that rhetoric because that’s all it is rhetoric from people who are trying to cling to the false power they believe they have.

It is a miracle that Des has achieved what he has at Manly with all the political argy bargy and one-upmanship that has been played out in the board room the man is only human and enough is enough for him as of now I guess.

So as fans/members you can stop this all at the Football Club AGM and remove this current board in one swift blow. I’m not sure of the make of the rebel ticket but I am as sure it will be a better option than what we have now and I’m sure as sure it will end this political power struggle forever.

So bloody what? Performance indicators Vs selling out to a corupt club financed by shady deals that sold out to Murdoch and the super league. Yeah lot of integrity there. I think most people would of taken the performance indicators.

You my friend have missed the point entirely. Des had shook hands with David Perry and was good as staying before a certain person decided to stick their nose in and place conditions on Des a person who has never ever laced a boot while wearing our proud colours.

Its you that has missed the point "half truth". It doesnt matter how badly the board behaves you do not go back on your word, walk away joining the enemy and ripping the guts out of our team and letting down thousands of loyal, decent fans in the week of a premiership win. Nothing what so ever justifies Des Haslers behavior.

The board are fools,Des was the rock at the club but in reality the amount they are paying him(which is a lot more than is being reported in the press)made it impossible for him to not go.

welcome to the brave new world of professional sport.Looking at Hoppas contract a lot of clubs are pinning their faith on a great outcome for the new TV dEAL.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4