Its Manly/Storm again in 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
These are again the sides to beat in 2013 imo.
Storm are a little flat & to be expected after a massive schedule.
Theres no doubt unless a sniper takes out Smith, they will be right in it when it counts. As Dogs found out in the 2012 GF, they can turn the screws when its on the line & are our main rivals - will come home.
Manly has great intensity thats unrivalled & after that outstanding defensive display, are only being held back by glitches of execution. Loved the direct early onslaught that had Storm on their heels, playing thru them, not trying to go around them. Plenty of improvement by seasons end.
Roosters are mass improvers but still not convinced they will match either of the above sides in the pressure cooker of finals footy.
Souths have an edge here as they have been just off the pace in recent seasons & have a tougher mentality in 2013, but in finals where Inglis will be marked with extra venom feel they will just fall short.
Both these teams have almost peaked already imo.
Sharks, Dogs & Cows can still cause headaches but its Manly/Storm in 2013. In fact, wont be suprised if this is the GF in 2013....

Can't agree MK, I feel Souths are a superior team to us this year unfortunately. I agree that the Roosters may be found wanting in the finals though. The question is - who would you rather play 1 week out from the GF? Storm or Souths?

I think Souths are defiantly in the same class as Manly and the Storm. The Roosters have not beat many top 8 sides which makes their position on the ladder look much better then they actually are, sure they beat us but it was close and we were not at our best.

I do not think there is any team besides Manly, that could keep Melbourne to 10 points (1 try) at their home ground and given the possession they had in the second half and the penalty count. If Manly maintain their defense and improve their attack they could win it.

Both sides are behind Roosters and Souths at the moment.

Plenty of time to pick up though.

Long time reader, been ages since I've posted.

From what I have seen Souths are well ahead and will probably win the minor premiership by 6-10 points. Roosters and Melbourne will be heavily affected by Origin and will lapse over the next 2 months. Souths will only have Inglis and possibly only Sutton as affected by Origin.

Now Manly will have only Watmough and possibly Glenn Stewart (if fit) for Origin. The draw does appear pretty kind with only the Roosters after origin being a game where they will start rank outsiders. Our defence will take us deep into September and the attack still has some time to gel. I can see us finishing 2nd or 3rd barring injury and a date with the Storm first week of the semis.

Outside the top 4 Canberra are the only ones capable of a run. They look a slick side. The rest are pushing the proverbial up hill.

I thought Storm were well below their best last night, and will need to improve to beat us, Souffs, Easts and even Cronulla given unbiased refereeing.
I think Cronk is their key playmaker, and it was the worst performce I have ever seen from him. It could have been a one-off, but it could also be that the era of Melbourne and the Big Three are coming to an end.
While we lost to Souffs and Easts on the scoreboard surely no-one would say we won;t beat them next time.
As long as we make the top four we are a red hot chance to become premiers, again.

I disagree Who, I think that Cronk played as well as he has this season. He played OK. And its not that the Scum Played poorly. It's just that we pressured him and played more direct, and so at him, and exposed their forwards as being ordinary. We went away from this in the second half which let us down. interesting thought that you think the reign of the big three is coming to an end. Same with Thurston perhaps. Players, with the exception of Lyon, do have a use by date, and theres could be up.

Manly attack needs to come together like it did towards the end of last year. A few big scores against lesser or origin depleted teams will see combinations click with snake at the back.

Manly v Souths 2013.

SBW is noticably less effective each round ar his body is not used to the weekly pummeliing.
The SOO will handicap the Chooks, Cows, Scum and possibly the Raiders.Hope we only lose Choc .

Cronk was well contained by Manly, but he was also weak against the Tigers.
The aura of the Scum is only in the Refs' eyes now.

Still think the dogs will be therebouts come august just because of the des hasler factor and rep players they have in their team. Still cant get over how well our boys defended last night

We need to score more points to go with our great defense. Souths will be there with us at the end of the year.

Merritt has a snowballs chance of selection in an origin side. And Hasler's lemon has been squeezed. The knights exposed his side as pretenders. We need to get our attack functioning and get the second half flame-outs under control. We'll be there, and win it.

Melbourne look tired already after World Club Challenge and tough start to the season. They've got another tough away trip against the Rooters and then Origin. Can't see them featuring this year tbh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6