It's Going to Be Tough Next Saturday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Just finished the tape. Warriors were awesome and are playing superbly. They will be hard to beat. Thier go forward is sensational and they are tough.

Big task for the Eagles, though I am confident that our pack will fare much better than the tissue-thin Roosters. Our markers are going to need to be on their game to stop the metres they sneak. Big weekend coming up.

Their dummy half play is the old one (roll and looks like it is breaking down), two (fast play and sweeping dummy half pinches 18 metres). Over and over again. It certainly worked against the Chooks. They were super pumped up in front of their home crowd. It was a really great effort by the Warriors and we had better show up or the scoreline is going to be the same.

We'll beat them easily.  They play a very simple game, dummy half runs, kicks for the sideline and wait for a mistake.  or throw the ball to the winger.  The last play is the one where we are vulnerable.  William's defense is suspect so he'll need Bell to help.  I don't see much of a problem for us to score against them.  If we can get going early then we'll win.  The roosters were pathetic.

As i said in another topic, horrible, horrible result for me. If we get tipped over life will be unbearable

Anyhow, if Manly turn up anywhere near 100%, we win quite comfortably. My only worries are the refereeing, and also the fact that we have already beaten them 3 times this year, the old "even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut" theory could apply

**** i am nervous

Their recent history against us is very poor.  We're the kind of disciplined side they struggle against.

Their only danger to us is the offload.

All i saw last night was a ton of offloads, we'll need to shut that down big time.  Plus i see Price chasing down Orford all game

I'm pretty confident, I didn't think the Warriors had that much last night...Roosters were very ordinary. Just watch their little men scooting out of dummy half and concentrate on tying up the ball in tackles and that nullifies 90% of their game.

Put it this way, if we can't beat the Warriors then we are kidding ourselves and don't deserve to be Premiers.

and here was me thinking that the second last week in the finals was going to be a walk in the park.

good thing i read this thread or i wouldnt have even bothered going to support them next week

Witts played two good games in a row - the chances of his playing a third good game is very unlikely. Manly to win easily.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
As i said in another topic, horrible, horrible result for me. If we get tipped over life will be unbearable

There'll be lots of kiwis at the SFS next week I imagine. Calling all supporters in striking distance to save KE's bacon.

Let's hope that kiwi clown that has a habit of buying 10,000 tickets for kiwis is involved in the sub-prime market.

Matabele link said:
Let's hope that kiwi clown that has a habit of buying 10,000 tickets for kiwis is involved in the sub-prime market.

No one person should be allowed to buy more than 10 tickets - it just leaves it open to scalpers and true fans missing out.

Yes of course it will be a tough game but we are a dam good team if they don't show us respect than we will crush em, and Des will have the boys pumped big time.

Come on Manly show no mercy at all.

Matabele link said:

I thought he was a butcher?

Fro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178464.msg197665#msg197665 date=1221966483]

[/quote]

What does he put in his meat shipments to be able to afford 10,000 tickets?

He owned/ran a chain of stores in Kiwiland as far as I know, and he sold up a year or two ago for a massive, massive pay-out.

Lives a fairly comfortable life these days I'm told, and certainly has enough cash to be able to splash out on the odd ticket for the Kiwi faithful...

He is an absolute legend

Is as loyal and commited to Rugby League, and Charities, as anyone you will ever come across

Wil is correct, he sold his chain of stores a few years back for a massive sum

Lion Red put out a Madtastic this season, like you guys had with VB and Boon, and i have one that sits on top of the TV and talks ****. Is great

Fro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178464.msg197665#msg197665 date=1221966483]

[/quote]

That "kiwi clown" you refer to is Eric Watson, the owner of the warriors... 

Isn't also the guy who enjoyed a close relationship with Ridgey, or maybe they both had a few things very much in common......... ???

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2