It's funny how life turns out...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
A FORMER NRL star has admitted trying to blackmail a postman for $100,000 - part of a spectacular fall from grace which included him allegedly being caught behind the wheel with a cocktail of drugs in his system last year.

Andrew Frew, 37, who played 86 first-grade rugby league games for six clubs, today pleaded guilty to two charges of demanding money from the 58-year-old Australia Post worker.

The blackmail began mid last year when Frew and his defacto partner, Louise Temple, 38, went to the house the postman shared with his elderly father at Lane Cove, in Sydney's north, according to court documents.

The victim had known Temple for more than 20 years through her work as a prostitute and Frew accused the postman of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager, the documents said.

He demanded $2000 and showed the victim a tattoo on his arm, claiming he was a "biker’’ and had friends who could "fix you up’’.

"I don't mind going to jail - I've been there before,’’ he told the man, who eventually handed over the money.

Lees than a week later the former NRL player called the postman and asked for $1000, which the victim handed over at a hotel meeting – after which Frew upped his demand to $100,000

"If you don't pay up, I will sort you out, break legs, proceed with charges and even after being convicted in prison you will still owe the $100,000,’’ he told the man.

The postman complained he wouldn't be able to raise the money and asked for more time to pay, before eventually going to the police.

Today the Downing Centre Local Court heard Frew was about to enter into a residential drug rehabilitation program near his parents' home at Mount Pritchard, where he and Temple now lived.

In June last year police stopped him while he was driving through Redfern in the early morning allegedly with a raft of prescription and illicit substances - including the drug ice - in his system.

Both he and Temple, who pleaded guilty to one blackmail charge, are due to be sentenced next month.

Frew's last first-grade game was for St George Illawarra in 2004, ending a career which included nearly 50 matches for Manly and the Northern Eagles.

ManlyBacker said:
What was the headline? "Drug fuelled Manly player blackmails child-loving father" hehe

Yeah can just see that on the front of the telegraph tomorrow morning.

Im just waiting for carney to put his foot in it again so we can all laugh at slothfield and his beloved sharkies.

ManlyBacker said:
What was the headline? "Drug fuelled Manly player blackmails child-loving father" hehe

In all seriousness MB, when it was first reported last year i'm sure the Telagraph reported it as a former Manly player.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ex-manly-player-bailed-over-blackmail/story-e6freuy9-1226471949303

He played for 6 clubs in total, yet they just refer to him as a Manly player.

If only Tessa had passed inside to him, instead of going himself when he scored that famous try to tie that match against the Broncos … Frew may have been a hero! and who knows, things might have gone very different for him. Oh well. Thanks for nothing, tessa :huh::D

ninemsn at least had the title " NRL player..." so they got that bit right, he was never a star, but said he's 39 and mentioned that he played for Parra, Dragons and Manly.

One article says he 37 another 39.
Six clubs - three clubs.

Nothing like journalistic licence.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4