Its always a laugh after a loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
been a pretty funny week reading the wash up of a team that dare i say, just didnt turn up on the night, didnt dig deep enough or only had 100% to give rather than the usual 110% that some teams are able to muster.

Poor ball security
No real on field leader on the night that stood up and said ill show you the way , essentially daly either didnt read the script, or was unable to come up with a smart game on the night.
I also thought while api played well his dummy half work wasnt as slick as it needs to be, inhibiting our go forward somewhat

We should also remember the dogs had something to prove , in particular the big men that were going to struggle. There pack steamrolled us and the pack or daly were not able to bash or kick ourselves into the game. I think the team was preety pumped before the game and they just looked a little shell shocked. Besides the dogs usually touch us up.

Calls for barrets head are ridiculous. After the few seasons we have had with player discontent this would be the dumbest move ever. How do we really feel our season would end trying to reinvent the wheel in game 2. How would the squad feel ?

I feel this team believes in itself but that was tested at half time last week. Getting back to the grind is what the players and staff need to do. Everyone is entitled to their opinion , some have been hilarious.

The team knows it didnt perform and are entitled to a chance to redeem. If we sack barret after one game do we offer him an extension of contract if they win this week. Same stuff really.

Currently im quite comfortable with his approach, he is new to a club that has had a really high turnover. He has a squad that isnt quite balanced due to a few forwards digging there heels in ( fair enough ). He is testing out what he has , what combos etc.

No one really knew how the interchange would affect the game, especially so early in the season.

Api was short of a run. Maybe that is why the 2 hooker policy, or maybe because ferris is injured.manly want to offload players, we know that, putting them in reggies for a few weeks may just soften the resolve a little as we are reading now with t red. This may result in a better balanced team.

You dont buy premierships these days, you build, and often you need some losses for a decent foundation. Manly will get better, the recruitment plan will sort itself, the coach will soon be aware of the tools at his disposal, the right balance and how the new game will play out

No one knows if barret is the answer, but this is our 2016 wether we like it or not. Do we have to kick the cat after every loss

Dogs had something to prove . Gee wiz i thought we had something to prove , like abit of pride in the jumper . All these new guys just didnt aim up . Only round 1 but still the dogs came ready why didnt we . Nothing against your post mate well done .

Agree more or less. We are 0 - 1, big whoop. If we are 0 - 5 in a month's time then yes let's start questioning Barrett's competence. It's human nature that at this early stage Barrett will give his new recruits preference over Toovey's fringe players. Quite surprised that he dropped Lussick so quickly, mustn't be a complete yes man to Fulton like some of us thought.

I still think we'll be right up there at the pointy end, I'm thinking about the Manly factor here, not the we get the added weeks at the judiciary Manly factor or the everybody hates us factor. I'm thinking of the magical effect of putting on a Manly jersey that transforms mere toilers to something higher, that makes an average player a better man.....in a better world.......................

I still think we'll be right up there at the pointy end, I'm thinking about the Manly factor here, not the we get the added weeks at the judiciary Manly factor or the everybody hates us factor. I'm thinking of the magical effect of putting on a Manly jersey that transforms mere toilers to something higher, that makes an average player a better man.....in a better world.......................
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable try line.

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
For a heavenly cause

To this glorious quest
When I'm laid to my rest

My Mum you to sing that at home. You're not from Elgin are you?

Mate , I love the Scots.My grandmother was a great woman, she used to live with us, wonderful artist. I remember talking to her when I was a young kid, I used to to go up to her room and look at her paintings , she had a broad accent that I couldn't fathom.She'd say the same thing every time I go to see her. One day I asked Mum what she was saying, she said she's saying 'close the door on your way out'

Mate , I love the Scots.My grandmother was a great woman, she used to live with us, wonderful artist. I remember talking to her when I was a young kid, I used to to go up to her room and look at her paintings , she had a broad accent that I couldn't fathom.She'd say the same thing every time I go to see her. One day I asked Mum what she was saying, she said she's saying 'close the door on your way out'

Were ye born ina tent.

Billy Connelly did time in the same Clyde shipyard as my dad, and their accents are identical. The scots have a way of cutting through most crap. I think there is a course all scots mums do to learn the sayings.

Lang may yer lum reek.

I agree we will be there at the pointy end . Look after one big win we will all be saying how good this side looks . We have to stay posotive its only early days .

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
For a heavenly cause

To this glorious quest
When I'm laid to my rest

Would have been easier to say what I say about Parra ie "your getting capabilities mixed up with impossibilities" My monster in law is Scottish, hard enough to understand at the best of times let alone when she has had a dozen whiskies, I cant make a word out then.

Last edited:
Born in the gorbals, came to Stralya at 3yo. Freshie boy ever since.
Glasgow Rangers Gone. And they were the most successful scottish team for the previous 20 years. Never take your team for granted.
Similar background. Born in Forfar...... Came to Oz when was 9. Gers will be promoted back to SPL this year. Agree don't take your team for granted.

Agree more or less. We are 0 - 1, big whoop. If we are 0 - 5 in a month's time then yes let's start questioning Barrett's competence. It's human nature that at this early stage Barrett will give his new recruits preference over Toovey's fringe players. Quite surprised that he dropped Lussick so quickly, mustn't be a complete yes man to Fulton like some of us thought.
We get to 0-5 this forum will be burnt down....(not exactly sure how that would happen practically?....but ya get the drift)....dare I say it members may even put their year pins up for auction on eBay in disgust!:eek:.....

We get to 0-5 this forum will be burnt down....(not exactly sure how that would happen practically?....but ya get the drift)....dare I say it members may even put their year pins up for auction on eBay in disgust!:eek:.....

It could be worse, 0-7 is possible, a lot depends on how long our fullback is out for.

We seem to struggle to get a win when he's out.

Similar background. Born in Forfar...... Came to Oz when was 9. Gers will be promoted back to SPL this year. Agree don't take your team for granted.

The Bluenoses return, first game against the auld enemy Celtic (the lily livered, cheating bastards) should be a cracker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4