It's All Good, Don't Panic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was talking to Barry Stewart about Brett and Glen around April/May and he thinks that his boys won't play for any other club buy Manly. He told me if they were to leave Manly they would leave the NRL for England's Super League!

Damien2812 said:
I was talking to Barry Stewart about Brett and Glen around April/May and he thinks that his boys won't play for any other club buy Manly. He told me if they were to leave Manly they would leave the NRL for England's Super League!

Damien, i think the link thats been mentioned a number of times is that the Stewarts have been very close with Hasler, due to Hasler supporting them through thick & thin over matters of the last year or so. The suggestion is that they might move on if Hasler wasnt here as coach.

Jatz Crackers said:
Damien2812 said:

Damien, i think the link thats been mentioned a number of times is that the Stewarts have been very close with Hasler, due to Hasler supporting them through thick & thin over matters of the last year or so. The suggestion is that they might move on if Hasler wasnt here as coach.

What ever happens in the end happens! :)

I would think that the whole CLUB supported Brett through thick and thin, not just Hasler. I would be disappointed if they left. My feelings are that they may go to England towards the end of their careers, but not yet.

Ryan said:
Facts are: Every team has the same salary cap as us. Bulldogs just can't throw huge offers at all our players like they have with Hodkinson, Morris, Graham, Pritchard, Eastwood, Stagg, Ennis, Keating, Tolman, Turner and co. then re-sign big contracts with Barba & co.

You look at our team, and we have a fair few reachers (players who play above their abilities), and that bodes well contract wise.

It all comes down to Toovey creating a culture, and I really hope he is already starting to do so.

Perry needs to step up as well. He's been too quiet.

The problem with being a CEO is that you can only make statements that ratified by the board, thats why he has probably been so quiet. Whether you like him or not, he is the CEO and cant see that changing.

As long as Des hasn't been poisoning their minds against the club for the last year or so. The whole club did support Brett through everyting, as did the Manly fan base. A few suppoters from other clubs were not nearly as kind to him when he returned, the dogs fans in particular. Glass houses eh?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6