It's a Rebuilding Phase

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Ok, so we have to lose a few players and still try to be competitive. This is the price we pay for success. It would seem to me that we need to cop the pain and secure the players that represent the future of our club. If we were to release Brett, Glenn, Matai Joe G, & Kite, that would surely free up enough cash to retain the halves and T-Rex. The roster would then look something like this:

1. Farrar
2. Oldfield
3. Lyon
4. Whare
5. Wolfie
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Choc
12. T-Rex
13. Buhrer
14. Mauro
15. Robinson
16. Cunningham
17. George
18. Harrison

That side will do me in a rebuilding phase, a little short on depth, but still a good side that we can afford.

Agree about rebuilding.
1st priorities for next 5 years:
- DCE
- Foran
- T-Rex
2nd priorities:
- Lyon
- Matai
- Stewart brothers
- Choc
- Lussick
- Buhrer
- Ballin
Everyone else is expendable in order to keep the 1st priority players.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Agree about rebuilding.
1st priorities for next 5 years:
- DCE
- Foran
- T-Rex
2nd priorities:
- Lyon
- Matai
- Stewart brothers
- Choc
- Lussick
- Buhrer
- Ballin
Everyone else is expendable in order to keep the 1st priority players.

I'd have Buhrer much higher on that list.

If we had any sort of cash id try and lure a fullback.

Couple of NZ fullbacks around that would want a start i rekon , Glen Fishiahii and that Omar (dont know how to spell there last names but il put it as if you were to speak it) SlimeAnkle lol. They wont get a start anytime soon at NZ with Locke at FB but they can play.

Also id keep Tafua over Farrar if Farrar was to be contracted but i dont think he is?

Top 4 for mine are:
1. DCE
2. Foran
3. Brett
4. Glenn

I'm not sure everyone realises just how important Brett is to us, not just in his brilliant attack but also in organising our defence. He may be a bit more expendable if we had kept Hoppa, but if we lose him now it will really hurt.

Having said that, I can't see us keeping all 4 players.

Ralphie said:
Ok, so we have to lose a few players and still try to be competitive. This is the price we pay for success. It would seem to me that we need to cop the pain and secure the players that represent the future of our club. If we were to release Brett, Glenn, Matai Joe G, & Kite, that would surely free up enough cash to retain the halves and T-Rex. The roster would then look something like this:

17. George
18. Harrison

George Harrison I think is a little bit too old to play footy. I did think he was a good musician though. Yeah yeah yeah.:)

There is no way we should give up the Stewarts.

I cant accept that no matter what.

They are as manly as Fulton, Eadie, Krilich, Randall, Thompson, Menzies, Lyon etc

bob dylan said:

They are as manly as Fulton, Eadie, Krilich, Randall, Thompson, Menzies, Lyon etc

Yeah Tooves, Eadie, Thompson, Cliffy, Menzies, Krilich & Randall top of the "Manly thru & thru" one club players. The Stewart bros can make that list if they stick around.

Mals said:
bob dylan said:

Yeah Tooves, Eadie, Thompson, Cliffy, Menzies, Krilich & Randall top of the "Manly thru & thru" one club players. The Stewart bros can make that list if they stick around.

Cliffy played for the bears also.

eagle-rock08 said:
Ralphie said:

17. George
18. Harrison

George Harrison I think is a little bit too old to play footy. I did think he was a good musician though. Yeah yeah yeah.:)

Not only would he have been a bit too old to play footy, he is also just over 10 years dead.

bob dylan said:

I agree, but IF as has been reported, Brett has already signed with stmerge, then we will have little choice.

The point is that hard decision will have to be made and I for one am looking forward to uncovering the next big thing.

Ralphie said:

1. Farrar
2. Oldfield
3. Lyon
4. Whare
5. Wolfie
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Choc
12. T-Rex
13. Buhrer
14. Mauro
15. Robinson
16. Cunningham
17. George
18. Harrison

That side will do me in a rebuilding phase, a little short on depth, but still a good side that we can afford.

**** fullback

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4