It Was Always Going To Take Time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I am currently away from Australia on holiday in the USA and I've been catching up on things.

The results of games 1 and 2 are extremely disappointing considering all the optimism we all felt at the start of the season and what we saw in 2015.

I am not surprised by how disjointed the team is but shocked at how terrible our defence is and the plethora of soft tries conceded.

The spine of the team is so new and clunky right now and will take time to gel.

I said at the start of the season that if we could be 5/5 after ten games that would be OK. That might need reviewing now.

As our owners point out. "We are in a results business" I just hope they support the coach and let the team build.

We miss snake especially as he is the 2ND 5/8 that will take the pressure off Walker.

First thing that must improve is defending. You can't give up 30 points a game!!

This team will improve. Stick with them and have faith in our culture. We will get there!!

This reminds me of what our CEO said once. He said that they have a strategy, it is a long term view, and they don't deviate from it very much. Investors on the other hand are only focused on the short term. They want everything now. But that's not how you run a company. You need to be patient, there will be some bumps along the way, but there is a plan and in the long run, you will win.

That's been said by many top CEO's. This isn't much different. Nowadays everybody wants something NOW and **** you if you don't give it to me. But I just don't want it now, I want it now and on MY terms too!

The sad part is that for people like this, they lack the self awareness to look back later on and go I was wrong there. They'll just pretend it never happened.

Well here is some history.

How did we fair the opening rounds of our "decade of dominance"..?

And for those that think that's too far back, something from LAST YEAR:

Newcastle lead the comp early (they finished last)

Brisbane and the Cowboys struggled out of the gate.

Not saying we are Brisbane or the Cowboys but maybe people here should not draw a line in the sand after two weeks and demand everything be blown up just yet. As far as I can recall there is still a long way to go in this competition.

I think the real hurt is watching the lack of basic RL skills .
These players have been training together since November.

The dropped balls last week overshadowed the gaps in our defensive line.

It's OK to miss a tackle, but to see the gap around the play is disappointing. No one slides over to cover a potential miss @:cry:

Running away from an opponent with the ball, instead of standing your ground, is also a basic defensive error.:cool:

If our team just fixed these basics, they would develop the attacking combos quickly :nod:

Then your issue is with Seibold. Maybe a new defensive structure after the years of Des/Tooves is taking some getting used by our centres that have played under the same/similar scheme for a decade+

Have you ever implemented a new system say, at your job, and it has worked 100% from the go live with no issues whatsoever..?

Everything can look great during UAT (training) but when you go live it typically ****s up big time. This is no different.

Shyte CEO's usually use the same line of excuses to buy themselves time whilst they try and fix their mistakes. Nobody was expecting to come out and smash every team and top the ladder in rd's1&2 but it is the obvious complete loss of our mentality, structure and culture that is worrying. Remember our system wasnt broken, it was the most successful system in the league at the start of last year and envied by most. But some idiot used it as a justification to sack our former coach after a couple of injuries and threw the baby out with the bath water because of petty personal revenge agendas. Now the system is really broken and we are all supposed to be patient??? Dont think so loobs.

Shyte CEO's usually use the same line of excuses to buy themselves time whilst they try and fix their mistakes. Nobody was expecting to come out and smash every team and top the ladder in rd's1&2 but it is the obvious complete loss of our mentality, structure and culture that is worrying. Remember our system wasnt broken, it was the most successful system in the league at the start of last year and envied by most. But some idiot used it as a justification to sack our former coach after a couple of injuries and threw the baby out with the bath water because of petty personal revenge agendas. Now the system is really broken and we are all supposed to be patient??? Dont think so loobs.
Is it broken or is it a new system that will take time?

The culture you speak of was nothing more than having a core group that played together for 5-10 years. That builds continuity and consistency but players get old and move on and change is needed.

Is it broken or is it a new system that will take time?

The culture you speak of was nothing more than having a core group that played together for 5-10 years. That builds continuity and consistency but players get old and move on and change is needed.
Yeah Brisbane thought that when they appointed Ivan Henjak. As it turned out the System & Culture was fine & it was the shyte coaches that tried to change it that werent right. Culture is the big one. And after burning down the house from inside we may never get it back

Yeah Brisbane thought that when they appointed Ivan Henjak. As it turned out the System & Culture was fine & it was the shyte coaches that tried to change it that werent right. Culture is the big one. And after burning down the house from inside we may never get it back
If you want to see the 2008 team well they had a reunion at Collaroy on the weekend you could have attended. Otherwise, players get old and move on and new ones need to come in and take their place. We had a lot of change, that takes time to smooth out.

What was the culture of the last couple years? What culture did Choc and Foran and others eschew?

This could be a long season. Last year we had incredibly bad injury toll. We had management attacking the support staff. We had internal rumblings from player (s), and yet we hung in there and finished 9th. I think this was a great result considering. The reason that this result was even possible was that deep rooted Manly spirit. The same one that got us all those very successful years.

It is rare that players can rise above the pack, mostly players are elevated by being in true teams. How often do you see a player shine in a successful team to be then selected for SOO or Australia and play ordinary. They can do a their job for their team but do not have the ability to be a star on their own right.

Manly had years of players playing for the team and rising above their "natural" ability.

Now we have ripped the heart out of the club with the support staff, ok Luke Williamson is still there and asked, what 13 players to leave and moved maybe 10 players on what is left.

The biggest names do not win matches, the best teams do.

In reality we have to be a shambles. To build anything near what we had will take time. It will probably take late into second half of the season to know how the team ie players and supporting staff are going.

I see it with companies, accountants come in crunch the numbers and change things and wonder why things fall apart. They forget the humans are involved and numbers are just a cheap way of analysing things.

We will rise up again, just dont hold your breath.

If you want to see the 2008 team well they had a reunion at Collaroy on the weekend you could have attended. Otherwise, players get old and move on and new ones need to come in and take their place. We had a lot of change, that takes time to smooth out.

What was the culture of the last couple years? What culture did Choc and Foran and others eschew?
When did i say to hold on to all the old players? The spiritual heart of the club that has been ripped out and now we are a souless shell of what we were. It is completely on the heads of those selfish power mongers who chose to rid us of that old and tired winning formula.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6