It smells . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
A team is thrashed by 50 points two weeks ago and struggling with injuries; another tipped to be grand finalists, on a roll with a full compliment of available players and everything to play for. Huge odds for the underdogs.
I hate to throw up the spectre of gambling but there is no rational explanation for the woeful performance last night; the worst in two seasons.
If Manly and Newcastle were racehorses they would both be swabbed.
If our work performance fluctuated so greatly from week to week we'd be swabbed.
To me, only four or five of the 17 looked to be 'trying'. There were some too bad to be true.
God help us if we lose Ballin and Lyon to injury!

Reverse of "Fine Cotton"!!!Were those Lithgow Workies players in Maroon and White jumpers??(for the record-workies are having a shocker this year-heaps of touch ups!!!)

jeez get a grip.

There is no conspiracy. They played the perfect game against us, very veryf ast play the balls, very good and quick line speed. The refs werent calling them offside.

It all went their way and they executed their game plan perfectly.

We lost, simple as that, no need to come up with imagined reasons, we were just out-played on the day.

The knights have managed to do that to a few teams this year and no shame in being beaten by a team that had a perfect completion rate in the first half

Dan there should be shame for our first half, we were woeful and if not ashamed wont go anywhere.

ayjay007 link said:
Reverse of \"Fine Cotton\"!!!Were those Lithgow Workies players in Maroon and White jumpers??(for the record-workies are having a shocker this year-heaps of touch ups!!!)

Going better than Panthers ajay :)

amazing how quick they fell to bits when the money ran out..

Fro link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=184441.msg281022#msg281022 date=1280792146]
Reverse of \"Fine Cotton\"!!!Were those Lithgow Workies players in Maroon and White jumpers??(for the record-workies are having a shocker this year-heaps of touch ups!!!)

Going better than Panthers ajay :)

amazing how quick they fell to bits when the money ran out..
[/quote]

Hard to believe that a couple of years ago the 2 of them ruled the group 10 roost!Played a few grand finals between them.

yeah although Mudgee and Pats are still strong and were always up there.

Rumours around town are there are still a lot of Players from last year owed money.

Fro link said:
yeah although Mudgee and Pats are still strong and were always up there.

Rumours around town are there are still a lot of Players from last year owed money.

"Bubba" Kennedy

Fluffy link said:
Dan there should be shame for our first half, we were woeful and if not ashamed wont go anywhere.

We were woeful because of  2 things

1 - Discipline and the refs pinging everything (6 penalties in the first 10 minutes)
2 - The knights had 100% completion

Any team that completes 100% of their sets in a half, will likely be winning that half

Dan link said:
jeez get a grip.

There is no conspiracy. They played the perfect game against us, very veryf ast play the balls, very good and quick line speed. The refs werent calling them offside.

We lost, simple as that, no need to come up with imagined reasons, we were just out-played on the day.

The knights have managed to do that to a few teams this year and no shame in being beaten by a team that had a perfect completion rate in the first half

Yes we were poor and I am pee'd off with the way we played but everything went wrong for us - we were held up an inch short when they scraped over the try line by an inch, they caught the bomb on their fingertips and scored and we spilled our chances in same circs,  Matt Cecchin proves yet again why he is the worst ref in the comp, seriously we have no hope when that clown ref's.  Thats not excusing our loss but thats why this game wasnt a close finish - we had zero luck - why we didnt beat those blokes by 20 and take luck out of the equation well thats another question entirely.

Dan link said:
jeez get a grip.

That bugged me all night. They were 5 metres away by the time the dummy half had the ball and didn't get called once for it! Fugging cheats. Apart from that they looked sharp and we looked sluggish, and our forwards didn't dominate and we seem to need that with our young halves.

I'd suggest that pretty much every other team that doesn't get the ball in their hands for the first 10 mins will be behind at half time. The fact we got smashed with penalties didn't help, and the bounce of the ball pretty much went their way everytime. Everything they did turned to gold, we came up with bad options when we had the ball.

It's hard to blame the forwards when they did a mountain of defense before they even got the ball. We were always behind the 8 ball. From the moment t-rex's kick off after the first try went out on the full, i knew it wasn't going to be our night.

Barry Hyland link said:
A team is thrashed by 50 points two weeks ago and struggling with injuries; another tipped to be grand finalists, on a roll with a full compliment of available players and everything to play for. Huge odds for the underdogs.
I hate to throw up the spectre of gambling but there is no rational explanation for the woeful performance last night; the worst in two seasons.
If Manly and Newcastle were racehorses they would both be swabbed.
If our work performance fluctuated so greatly from week to week we'd be swabbed.
To me, only four or five of the 17 looked to be 'trying'. There were some too bad to be true.
God help us if we lose Ballin and Lyon to injury!

Nites were at good odds for 13+
maybe that is a way of boosting our finances  (toungue firmly planted in cheek )

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6