Israel Folau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sandow, Falou, Hopoate, Hayne, Tonga, Roberts wouldn't be the cheapest backline going around.

Interesting how he denied it a few months back.:dodgy:
What is it about the pious that enables them to lie so brazenly? :mad:

With all the Mormons in their ranks, will Parra be able to field a team on Sundays:huh:

The ARLC has to fix the SOO fiasco and these itinerant Players.
Those that waft off to their Money Gods, and come back into representative games without sanctions equal to, at least the years that they were away from RL.

It is blatently unfair on those who put their bodies on the line in League for a fraction of the AFL/Union/ESL monies.

I agree that Beaver's GF try was greatly due to Izzy illegally pushing him in the back - right in the trajectory of the ball from Robbo:p

It is nice to see someone willing to take a paycut to do something that makes them more happy...even if it is with the eels

Watching the 2011 yr highlights again I am even more pissed off at little hoppa. After all manly did for his family over many years he jumped ship. We could have won with him in the team this year.

Most of his money is not in the cap (covered by the AFL) so they have not freed up that much $

See this story which references the marketing budget

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/folaus-afl-conversion-a-mistake-20121101-28mwv.html

So they need to get special permission to move the coin over

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gws-makes-giant-move-in-the-tippett-saga-20121101-28mww.html

Far from a done deal - not like dumping a player to free up cap space

And if he was pushed you would think the AFL would spin it like that rather than "blind sided"

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-coup-that-backfired-20121101-28mmc.html

Parra and Easts are two clubs that always seem to be seeking 'instant gratification' by overpaying to sign so-called Superstars that will deliver them a premiership. I don't think it works.
Parra, in particular, have a lot of promising juniors who get squeezed out because of this approach to recruiting. It means that clubs like ours often benefit by getting disillusioned Parra juniors. We put in hard work with them and give them a chance to shine in first grade.
You need to build, not buy. Melbourne is a perfect example. If they do recruit it is never the 'star' players. We have been like that for several years.
Let Parra sign Folou. Let Easts sign Money-Bill. Neither will help either club to greatness.

Ryan said:
Sandow, Falou, Hopoate, Hayne, Tonga, Roberts wouldn't be the cheapest backline going around.

Even with that backline i still dont see them winning a premiership. It doesnt
seem like a backline that will work together.

Good luck to him.

Roberts could be brilliant playing with a couple of top playmakers, say Cronk and Smith or maybe outside Thurston. But he is not an organiser and his confidence looks shot in the team's he's been in for the last few years. I assume that is the problem, his handling is so shockingly bad it has become laughable.

I don't see a lot of the smart organiser type footballers in the parra side. A lot of their players have some good talent but not good brains. Expect some big scores both for and against in 2013.

That's a good back line. I too rate Roberts. I think he would shine under a coach like hasler. I hope Stuart gives him a chance. Just a shame they have put 3/4 of their cap into 6-7 back line stars and have rubbish forwards that will get trampled every week.

Folau has knocked backed Parramatta's offer and said he will be playing Rugby Union in 2013.

Well, we're all glad he found his true passion finally.

Money, er I mean Union.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8