ISC Marvel Superheros Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-NBKbXOHs

Foz Wolverine shirt promo

Ridiculous commentary and a sad sellout of a champion Player and Champion Club :dodgy:

Cronk must have written that script :cool:

Did you see this one? No ridiculous commentary. (Hope Rothfield and Kent don't see it though, it shows how much tension there is between the players at the moment)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jEXYviY2cFU

HappilyManly said:
Ridiculous commentary and a sad sellout of a champion Player and Champion Club :dodgy:

I know there are a few that approve and like this ''promotion'' so I'll balance that again by my thumbs down this morning.

It looks too much like Parra (or a UK jersey).

And it's very different to the jersey-cow camouflage worn for Anzac Day. (Very different initiatives for mine).

'' Be Manly, don't be a (corporate) dawg!''

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Did you see this one? No ridiculous commentary. (Hope Rothfield and Kent don't see it though, it shows how much tension there is between the players at the moment)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jEXYviY2cFU

but, but, but DCE was only seen with Jorge and didn't seem to smile and he wasn't seen mucking around with Snake and the rest of the guys so there must be some ill-feeling there between them.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I admire Kieran for 'selling' this ridiculous concept so well. Wonder how many takes it took before he stopped laughing at the comic-book copy.
While I'm against the concept if it makes the club a shed-load of money for the club then it is justified.
If we win then there will be no harm done. If we lose then there will be a fan backlash.

globaleagle said:
I've got one of those predominately blue training shirts......

Hope I'm still a true supporter!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes. You are a true supporter, spreading the Sea Eagle brand in Moose-land.

I assume the sky or navy blue top you have has maroon and white piping and Manly logos?

And you wear your Manly cap with it, at least sometimes.

For me, there's virtually nothing on that yellow creation to tie it to Manly.

Check out the Rorters jersey for how it can compliment a team's colours and brand mate.

mozgrame said:

Would like to see Hugh involved in this promo/game day etc.

@ first glance, from a footy fan's and MWSE jersey point-of-view it looks too parra, and a shame there's little Maroon & White on it.

However, from a Wolverine point-of-view a Wolverine jersey doesn't get much better than one sporting the awesome MW Sea Eagle emblem.

It's grown on me (tho I like the Cowboys' Thor one better), I like the idea, Marvel's involvement, and hopefully it turns out lucrative for the club.

Yesterday the MWSE online shop indicated no 2XL nor 3XL were available in these, which was worrying, but today it has updated and all sizes appear available.
Btw: "manlymember14" is the discount code.

Very tempting.
Go Manly.

HappilyManly said:
The best promo would be Hugh in this jersey, in the sheds with the Manly Players. :idea:

..........handing over a cheque that tops up the kitty for the new Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman stand at Brookie!

bob dylan said:
I might order one, how do I get my 10% discount for my membership???

Emailed the club and they said to use the code that was on the renewal confirmation email for this year.

not surprisingly, checked the email and no code is on there.

Maybe one is on yours?

edit: just saw your above post.....so forget this post. non bob dylan's note you can order with the 10% disc.

Hamster Huey said:
Cliffy said:
Its fn orange. If it was maroon and white it would be cool.

I bought the anzac jersey after seeing a picture lacking bright colours. It could have been awesome, If only it had some army green and maroon patches instead of brown and bloody hell pastels.

They sought permission for the use of the actual DPDU scheme used by overseas troops. To play in differing colours would have been counter to the point of wearing that jersey for the ANZAC commemoration game.

DPDU hadn't been used on deployment for a couple of years when they picked that colour scheme to put on the jerseys. Commend the attempt to support the ADF anyhow.

MWSE said:
Hamster Huey said:
Cliffy said:
Its fn orange. If it was maroon and white it would be cool.

I bought the anzac jersey after seeing a picture lacking bright colours. It could have been awesome, If only it had some army green and maroon patches instead of brown and bloody hell pastels.

They sought permission for the use of the actual DPDU scheme used by overseas troops. To play in differing colours would have been counter to the point of wearing that jersey for the ANZAC commemoration game.

DPDU hadn't been used on deployment for a couple of years when they picked that colour scheme to put on the jerseys. Commend the attempt to support the ADF anyhow.

They were most certainly in use on deployments overseas, at the same time the game was played in them. Newer patterns were around at that time, specifically in Afghanistan, but many others still had the same DPDU scheme.

I understand some of the negativity to the design colours. But think of the really big picture. Marvel is one of the world's biggest brands. Stan Lee is a legend who has time for all fans, Hugh Jackman is one of Australia's biggest media stars and IS Wolverine. Manly can only gain recognition from a ONE off game like this, and Foran deserves praise for helping, and Wolfie if he had held his form would have benefitted.

We all love Manly. Anyone who doesn't see the huge positives from this really isn't thinking too hard. Yes, it isn't maroon and white. Yes, it doesn't look as good as some of the other teams. But, we have Hugh Jackman. We have one of the world's most iconic brands handed to us. For one game with all those financial benefits I have absolutely no issues with the jersey, the promotion, the so-called sell out. Love it to be truthful. Our Manly Sea-Eagles joining with Marvel is massive. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who can see the huge benefits from this.

Stan Lee doesn't have time for one fan.....Dr Sheldon Cooper :p

But @ManlyBacker is dead right, this is a great opportunity for the club. Only 5 teams have been chosen to do this and we are one of them. With Wolverine's colours they could have easily chosen Parramatta or Brisbane and the Donkeys would have easily represented a much bigger market, but we got the nod (probably through no small part that Hugh Jackman is a Manly fan).

Its only one game. Its not like this will become our main jumper week in, week out, and it doesn't change who the players are and which great club they play for.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6