ISC Jerseys - 2014 to 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
I bought both last year's jersey and this year's.

One thing I've noticed is that last year's was much thicker and stronger.

This year's jersey seems thin like a training shirt and stretchy.

A lot of money for a cheapened quality? I'm disappointed.

Any feedback from others who also bought a jersey, please have your say.

Can't check at the moment @Ramrod but I'm sure I read at the time that this year's jerseys were being made with a new improved material.
Not a rip off (no pun intended) but an intentional change.

Last jersey I bought was the 2012 away (was on sale for like $50 the next year). That is quite thick.

The jerseys you buy though are different to official player jerseys (which I think is bull**** - why can't we buy the actual jersey players wear? What are they hiding? what is BIG JERSEY MANUFACTURER up to???)

The jerseys you buy though are different to official player jerseys (which I think is bull**** - why can't we buy the actual jersey players wear? What are they hiding? what is BIG JERSEY MANUFACTURER up to???)

Probably those sticky nodes on the players jersey to help with ball security, i personally wouldn't want those on my jersey but each to their own i guess :)

Agree though, for the price of jerseys compared to other codes you should be getting the best quality jerseys including embroided emblems etc, not printed or glued on

I did read it in relation to this year's ISC supporters jerseys and at the time checked to see the difference.

It may have something to do with this.......
Link: http://www.iscsport.com/blog/isc-kits-nrl-teams-out-in-super-feather-fabric/

ISC KITS OUT NRL TEAMS IN SUPER FEATHER FABRIC
ISC has pioneered the development of our strongest and lightest on-field player fabric ever, Feather.

The new technology was released to all ISC Teams in time for the launch of the 2013 Football Season.

The new super fabric was trialed under wraps in an official North Queensland Cowboys match in 2012. During this time, the fabric also underwent testing by RMIT University, which found the material to have higher burst strength than any existing on-field player fabrics.

The ISC product development team drew on the collective expertise of the automotive and military industries to deliver the high performance technology. The material is a hybrid derived from polyester and the high tenacity fibres used in seatbelt webbing.

The brand believes Feather, which is 35% lighter than the previous fabric, has revolutionised the apparel industry’s development of on-field gear.

“Traditionally, only thicker and heavier fabrics have been able to offer the strength and security required for the rigours of high contact sport. But now ISC’s Feather provides these assets in the form of a lightweight stretch material,” says Brett Corrick, ISC CEO.

Elite football players and High Performance Staff played an integral role in the development of the official on-field gear.

“The players love the new fabric and the slim-fit design of the gear. This high performance technology will help our team play their best and be comfortable come game day,” says Troy Thomson, South Sydney Rabbitohs, High Performance Manager.

The new lightweight on-field gear features anti-grab neck design, moisture management, silicon grip and a GPS pocket. The garment is treated with anti-stain technology developed by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).

“It’s exciting that technology is moving the game along. ISC have once again secured their position as pioneers in the field of professional sporting apparel,” says Trent Robinson, Sydney Roosters, Head Coach.

“This is by far the most advanced technological development in the history of ISC and we feel privileged that we can provide it to our valued Clubs,” says Brett Corrick, ISC CEO.

I did read it in relation to this year's ISC supporters jerseys and at the time checked to see the difference.

It may have something to do with this.......
Link: http://www.iscsport.com/blog/isc-kits-nrl-teams-out-in-super-feather-fabric/

ISC KITS OUT NRL TEAMS IN SUPER FEATHER FABRIC
ISC has pioneered the development of our strongest and lightest on-field player fabric ever, Feather.

The new technology was released to all ISC Teams in time for the launch of the 2013 Football Season.

The new super fabric was trialed under wraps in an official North Queensland Cowboys match in 2012. During this time, the fabric also underwent testing by RMIT University, which found the material to have higher burst strength than any existing on-field player fabrics.

The ISC product development team drew on the collective expertise of the automotive and military industries to deliver the high performance technology. The material is a hybrid derived from polyester and the high tenacity fibres used in seatbelt webbing.

The brand believes Feather, which is 35% lighter than the previous fabric, has revolutionised the apparel industry’s development of on-field gear.

“Traditionally, only thicker and heavier fabrics have been able to offer the strength and security required for the rigours of high contact sport. But now ISC’s Feather provides these assets in the form of a lightweight stretch material,” says Brett Corrick, ISC CEO.

Elite football players and High Performance Staff played an integral role in the development of the official on-field gear.

“The players love the new fabric and the slim-fit design of the gear. This high performance technology will help our team play their best and be comfortable come game day,” says Troy Thomson, South Sydney Rabbitohs, High Performance Manager.

The new lightweight on-field gear features anti-grab neck design, moisture management, silicon grip and a GPS pocket. The garment is treated with anti-stain technology developed by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).

“It’s exciting that technology is moving the game along. ISC have once again secured their position as pioneers in the field of professional sporting apparel,” says Trent Robinson, Sydney Roosters, Head Coach.

“This is by far the most advanced technological development in the history of ISC and we feel privileged that we can provide it to our valued Clubs,” says Brett Corrick, ISC CEO.

Article dated December 2013.
The jerseys I was comparing was 2014 to a 2015.
2014 was a better fabric.
Thanks for the research anyway.

Checked 2014 against 2015 material again.
NOT happy.
2014 material is definitely better.
2015 feels cheap.

Yeh I've noticed this as well, I have a couple of jerseys from years gone-by and this years is definitely thinner and lighter. I actually prefer the change it feels more comfortable when I train in them or lounge round in them. Although I can fully understand it does have a cheaper feel with the sponsors printed in the material instead of on top, and the thickness of the material.

With regards to the player quality jerseys, when ISC used to produce the St.Helens jerseys over here they did sell them in the club store. They were almost double the price, and the only difference was that the material was thinner and the rubber nodes on the chest area to improve handling. All badges and sponsors were also printed in to the material to make it lighter and it basically acts as a skin for the players when on the field, unlike ours which I believe has the NRL and Manly badge embroided? So for the double the price it was absolutely useless for the fans.

I prefer the old nylon/cotton jumpers but those days went with real scrums, toe kicking, heavy leather balls and the odd punch thrown in anger.
Checked the last 2 community jerseys.........seems the gear this year is made with 'AXIS Fabric':

2015 Community Jersey - includes a tag which states:
In 2013 ISC launched Feather.
The fabric instantly revolutionised on field performance across our wide spectrum of elite athletes.
After extensive research and testing ISC now brings you AXIS.
The principal qualities of Feather were retained, analysed then fine-tuned in order to create a fabric able to meet the demands of the clubs’ loyal fans. Axis provides optimum comfort balanced with an unparalleled weight to strength ratio. The soft handle and sleek appearance help make this garment the closest thing to what your heroes are wearing on game day.

We associate heavy with good quality, its why Dr Dre puts weights in his beats by Dre headphones and why in coffee and beer comoetitions they use the heaviest cups and glasses they can. Its human nature.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4