Isaac Luke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
fLIP said:
I heard a good argument on the radio the other day that i kind of agree with.
The best argument I have heard on the Luke suspension saga was a few days ago in this thread by Kiwi Eagle.

Looks like Luke can go on the field but can't go on stage, but Ennis can do both because Steve Price did it 10 years ago.

That Greenturd is letting the Doggies player do it and using another Doggies player as precedent is really taking the piss...

Loobs said:
Looks like Luke can go on the field but can't go on stage, but Ennis can do both because Steve Price did it 10 years ago.

That Greenturd is letting the Doggies player do it and using another Doggies player as precedent is really taking the piss...

Its because ones injured and ones suspended.

hairylittlehobbit said:
Loobs said:

Amazingly, its not! It's because Ennis is captain:

"Well it is a different set of circumstances because Michael Ennis is their captain and there's a precedent there back in 2004 when the captain (Steve Price) was injured and he got up and lifted the trophy on the stage..."

So he must still be able to skipper the team from the sidelines...

fLIP said:

Yes it was a spear tackle yes he had priors. But just imagine you clip a bloke over the ear in round 4. You are squeaky clean for the rest of the session and come the semi you clip a fella again. Not bad either but together it's a suspension. For something you did 6 months ago you're going to miss a grand final.

The NRL in my opinion would be better off having set game suspension for an incident. No carry over points. Do the crime do the time. Imagine copping a speeding fine and they say oh that's $154 but we only charge in 100 increments. So next time you pull the same offence it'll be $200.

That said we don't need people with broken necks. Had Sonny not put his hands out he was getting dropped on his scone. He deserves to miss a game for that tackle. Regardless of its significance.

In Soccer, particularly the world cup, if the same player receives I think a yellow card in 2 different games they miss the next game, but anyone with a yellow card has their slate wiped clean from the end of the quarter finals onwards, thus giving everyone a better chance to compete in the final.
So maybe say anyone with carry over points during the season can have them wiped clean once finals start. Obviously the more serious offences are going to be punished, but it really would give those players that little bit of leeway. Luke shouldn't miss the GF for that sole offence on SBW

Loobs said:
hairylittlehobbit said:
Loobs said:

Amazingly, its not! It's because Ennis is captain:

"Well it is a different set of circumstances because Michael Ennis is their captain and there's a precedent there back in 2004 when the captain (Steve Price) was injured and he got up and lifted the trophy on the stage..."

So he must still be able to skipper the team from the sidelines...

Kurt Gidley pioneered that arrangement when he 'played' for NSW.

ManlyMit said:
fLIP said:

Yes it was a spear tackle yes he had priors. But just imagine you clip a bloke over the ear in round 4. You are squeaky clean for the rest of the session and come the semi you clip a fella again. Not bad either but together it's a suspension. For something you did 6 months ago you're going to miss a grand final.

The NRL in my opinion would be better off having set game suspension for an incident. No carry over points. Do the crime do the time. Imagine copping a speeding fine and they say oh that's $154 but we only charge in 100 increments. So next time you pull the same offence it'll be $200.

That said we don't need people with broken necks. Had Sonny not put his hands out he was getting dropped on his scone. He deserves to miss a game for that tackle. Regardless of its significance.

In Soccer, particularly the world cup, if the same player receives I think a yellow card in 2 different games they miss the next game, but anyone with a yellow card has their slate wiped clean from the end of the quarter finals onwards, thus giving everyone a better chance to compete in the final.
So maybe say anyone with carry over points during the season can have them wiped clean once finals start. Obviously the more serious offences are going to be punished, but it really would give those players that little bit of leeway. Luke shouldn't miss the GF for that sole offence on SBW

It's not a sole offence.
He's a repeat offender - at three charges for the same offence.

Everyone seems to forget that they outlawed the cannonball tackle because of him too, he's no cleanskin.

PS - It is a serious offence and SBW had a very quiet 2nd half.

I'm not saying Luke is doing these type of tackles intentionally but he's not learning from past mistakes, maybe now he will.

They'll be fine without their hooker. Manly were fine in 97, didn't phase Melbourne in 2008.

Luke wanting to wear a "gesture of support" on his wrist for Auva'a, during this W-ends game, came to an end with, understandably, a barrage of criticism.
Strange he would even contemplate such a thing.
He's a funny little man.

wedgetail eagle said:
Luke wanting to wear a "gesture of support" on his wrist for Auva'a, during this W-ends game, came to an end with, understandably, a barrage of criticism.
Strange he would even contemplate such a thing.
He's a funny little man.

He could always write the name of the lady that auva'a beat up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6