Isaac Luke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So after winning a grand final players can take up their kids & even partners but the team can't celebrate with one of their own players? What?

How many times this year did we see a suspended player co host on the Nine tv coverage? Anyone stop that?

Remember mate this is the NRL here. Illogical happenings are common. Especially from the idiots running the game. Its a ''just make it up as we go along'' kind of operation

That'll do me

What an absolutely pathetic ruling that is, 1 slip up shouldn't exclude a guy from celebrating with his teammates.

I see the NRL have now said they will let him step foot on the field and do a lap of the ground. How nice of them

The chimps running this game are a joke, and are slowly running it into the ground

Kiwi Eagle said:
That'll do me

What an absolutely pathetic ruling that is, 1 slip up shouldn't exclude a guy from celebrating with his teammates.

I see the NRL have now said they will let him step foot on the field and do a lap of the ground. How nice of them

The chimps running this game are a joke, and are slowly running it into the ground

Well said Kiwi....NRL should change to NFI

Kiwi Eagle said:
That'll do me

Disagree mate, nothing slow about it. If anything it is getting quicker

Way to go Toddy!! There's so many other things in The game that need to be looked at and your worried about a player celebrating after the GF.
Lol.. What a joke.

Kiwi Eagle said:
That'll do me

If it was one slip up he'd be playing, he has a rap sheet as long as a gorilla's arm, fact is he is a serial grub who deserves the same end that met Les Boyd career wise

I think he is an absolute cancer to the game that needs to be cut, however I don't agree with him missing the celebrations with his team mates, he is suspended from playing it shouldn't be from everything else too, I'd like his career to be ended by another player's deliberate action due to him trying to end other players and even I think the NRL has gone too far

If souffs win, he and any other player of souffs first grade should get a ring.

Sheesh, last years NHL (hockey) champs gave away over 500 of them!!! Even the people in office reception got one!

Didn't a canberra player some years ago who didn't play in the GF just walk up on stage and get a medal?

globaleagle said:
If souffs win, he and any other player of souffs first grade should get a ring.

Sheesh, last years NHL (hockey) champs gave away over 500 of them!!! Even the people in office reception got one!

Didn't a canberra player some years ago who didn't play in the GF just walk up on stage and get a medal?

Ooh 500 rings in the NHL. They wouldn't be all that special then, hey? It must have cost the NHL a lot of cash.

The NRL only give out 17 for the guys who play on the day. Probably cause they are tight and don't want to spend the money on making any more. If Souths win then maybe Maguire can give his ring to Luke like Hasler did to Lussick in 2011.

As far as I am concerned this fellow is missing the gf because of his chicken wing on Matai, so I don't feel bad for him.
But that so call spear tackle penalty was a joke, there was nothing in it and he should not miss a game because of it.

NYEagle said:
As far as I am concerned this fellow is missing the gf because of his chicken wing on Matai, so I don't feel bad for him.
But that so call spear tackle penalty was a joke, there was nothing in it and he should not miss a game because of it.

If he wasn't a grub with priors or loading i'd agree,so would the nrl as a grade 1 dangerous throw does not suspend you,however thats not the case,he is a grub and he has a lot of priors

I heard a good argument on the radio the other day that i kind of agree with.

Yes it was a spear tackle yes he had priors. But just imagine you clip a bloke over the ear in round 4. You are squeaky clean for the rest of the session and come the semi you clip a fella again. Not bad either but together it's a suspension. For something you did 6 months ago you're going to miss a grand final.

The NRL in my opinion would be better off having set game suspension for an incident. No carry over points. Do the crime do the time. Imagine copping a speeding fine and they say oh that's $154 but we only charge in 100 increments. So next time you pull the same offence it'll be $200.

That said we don't need people with broken necks. Had Sonny not put his hands out he was getting dropped on his scone. He deserves to miss a game for that tackle. Regardless of its significance.

Personally, I have no issue with the suspension. The idea of the loading is to punish players that keep infringing, of which Isaac Luke is one of them. If it happens to be a week before the Grand Final that you almost dropped a guy on his head, then so be it.

Can you imagine if players knew their was an NRL rule exonerating them from missing finals matches, by allowing them to serve their suspensions the following season? The would be a massacre every September as players give their all with no fear of retribution.

fLIP said:
I heard a good argument on the radio the other day that i kind of agree with.

Yes it was a spear tackle yes he had priors. But just imagine you clip a bloke over the ear in round 4. You are squeaky clean for the rest of the session and come the semi you clip a fella again. Not bad either but together it's a suspension. For something you did 6 months ago you're going to miss a grand final.

The NRL in my opinion would be better off having set game suspension for an incident. No carry over points. Do the crime do the time. Imagine copping a speeding fine and they say oh that's $154 but we only charge in 100 increments. So next time you pull the same offence it'll be $200.

That said we don't need people with broken necks. Had Sonny not put his hands out he was getting dropped on his scone. He deserves to miss a game for that tackle. Regardless of its significance.

The justice system punishes repeat offenders harder. The points system is similar to losing one's driving licence for 2 red light offences or whatever. The rl system is in accord with this approach.

Isaac Luke has form. IT IS HIS GO. The tackle deserved to be put on report and he deserved the suspension.

Not allowing him on the ground is just petty from the NRL though.

Chip and Chase said:
Isaac Luke has form. IT IS HIS GO. The tackle deserved to be put on report and he deserved the suspension.

Not allowing him on the ground is just petty from the NRL though.

If they win and he enters the field I would love them to be stripped of the premiership. I love it when sporting organizations are mind numbingly petty.

Like when the swimming relay girls jumped in the pool to celebrate and got stripped of the title. Or when the steeple chaser la caze? ran an Olympic final qualifying time in the US but the australian Olympic committee refused to pick her because it was a day after the qualifying period or something ridiculous.

I think even less of Greenberg now for back flipping. It would have been far better for Luke to be banished from the grounds, training and all leagues club premises for the duration of the final week. And the breakfast, but force him to go on the footy show. And be the host. THAT would be more like it!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-relents-and-will-now-allow-rabbitoh-issac-luke-on-stage-if-the-bunnies-win/story-fni3gki9-1227077014481

Casper 8 hours ago

NRL: “Our operations guidelines for suspended players are clear. A suspended player cannot enter the field of play prior to, during or after a match."

So, can somebody explain to me why Josh Reynolds in Melbourne ( Round 18 12/7/2014 while under suspension) was warming up with the Bulldogs prior to the game on the AAMI Park playing field, sitting with the players on the sideline, giving a TV interview at half time on the playing field and nothing was done about it by the NRL? Don't believe me, then get a copy of the game and watch it. I'd like a response from the NRL but can't get one.

Toddy??? Toddy??? Dogs exemption active again???

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2