Is this what's stalling negotiations?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
From Brent Read in the Australian...

MANLY’S quest to hold on to Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans could be made easier by the NRL, which is due to enter talks with the players union that could increase the salary cap for next season.

Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the Rugby League Players Association can review the game’s profitability before March 1.

Should the profit exceed projections, the RLPA reserves the right under clause 11.2 of the agreement to negotiate a potential rise in player payments for 2016 and beyond.

Manly is among the clubs most likely to benefit from any lift in the salary cap. Foran and Cherry-Evans are both weighing up their futures amid lucrative offers from elsewhere.

Foran has been linked with Parramatta, Canterbury, the Sydney Roosters and the New Zealand Warriors, while Cherry-Evans has a mega-offer on the table from the Gold Coast Titans.

The Sea Eagles have also tabled multi-million dollar contract extensions to both players but every dollar counts when you’re caught in a scrap for two of the game’s biggest stars.

“It’s too early for us to comment in detail ahead of knowing the results of the profitability review which we expect will be completed by 1 March in line with the terms of the CBA,” RLPA chief executive David Garnsey said.

“The RLPA will always pursue for our players a fair and equitable share of game revenue that can be allocated to player-funded areas including education and welfare, retirement funding and the salary cap.

“We’ll continue to consult with our members so we represent their best interests in any negotiations and once we have the financial information we look forward to sitting down with the NRL to discuss the extent to which the terms of the current CBA should be varied.”

The NRL yesterday confirmed it planned to hold talks with the RLPA. A clearer picture of the game’s finances will emerge on February 26 when the annual general meeting is held. However, it is believed profit this year may go beyond $50 million.

Meanwhile, Foran says he intends to “lap up” every second of this week’s laid-back preparations for the NRL All-Stars match on the Gold Coast amid mounting speculation he is bound for Parramatta next season. Speaking yesterday, Foran was typically coy on his future but admitted the departures of Jason King, Anthony Watmough and Glenn Stewart had taken some getting used too.

“I won’t lie, it’s been different,” Foran said. “Over probably the past two or three years now we have lost some really big personalities and really prominent figures from the group.

“You can’t expect to just replace players like that but at the same time I think the coaching staff has done a pretty good job of making the necessary adjustments as smooth as possible.”

With his future seemingly a source of constant speculation for the past six months, Foran admitted he was happy to be having a week away from the intense scrutiny which has followed him.

“It’s been different for me — as I said the club has gone through some pretty significant changes and obviously there has been a lot made about my future and Daly’s,” Foran said.

“I have said all along I wasn’t going to rush into a decision. These situations are why we have managers — so they can look after all the groundwork and when we are ready we can talk and come up with a decision.

“Being down at Manly, you know every training session, every week is intense. There is pressure to perform and it’s all very … intense is the only word I can think of.

“So to get the chance to get out of that spotlight even for just a few days and actually just get back to enjoying yourself and having a bit of fun out there.

“I don’t think I am alone in saying this is a week we all look forward to being a part of.”

My understanding is that most of the better players have contracts indexed to the salary cap anyway. So if the cap rises so does their wage, bit like indexing to the CPI (or something that really exciting tax accountant can explain to us). They always maintain a fixed percentage of the clubs available cap.

Tooves is an accountant - maybe he can explain it to them...

BTW - didn't like Foz's comments at the end. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself at training. Might be lack of wit and intellect now Choc has left...

He is talking about the more relaxed carnival atmosphere and the easier drills. If he was at Manly they would be doing heavy sessions at this time of year.

Gee, if he likes carnival atmospheres and the easier drills, he should have played in the 9's. He would have had a ball!

Tooves is an accountant - maybe he can explain it to them...

BTW - didn't like Foz's comments at the end. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself at training. Might be lack of wit and intellect now Choc has left...

I thought at first too, but then again, who enjoys intensive pre-season training?
Manly play with intensity, that's their way.
I don't doubt that he's missing Choc and Gifty - some players are tighter than others and the spectre of Choc will linger for quite a while and so it should. If someone said this time last year that Choc would be playing for Parra this year, you'd tell them to get a grip and take their medication, likewise with Gifty at Souffs.
We can't just expect that now Choc has left everything will be hunky dory, Choc and Foz were obviously closer than most and it seems to me that it's playing on mind ( similar to when Des deserted ). His entire career he's probably looked up to those guys as always being there.

Everyone is different, some say "sh!t happens" and get on with life and others dwell on things.
I think he's just one of those guys that when contract time comes around he'll always be second guessing himself wherever he is.

Note: I'm no psychologist but....

Lol, INTENSE ......Wtf do you expect when your asking a million + a season......... If he thinks things are intense now, wait till your partnered with Norman /sandow and your both looking at each other looking to create points..... With the fans and media breathing down your neck week in week out cause you look like an over paid waste of a million dollars.....o_O All in all, stay or go.... But get used to it, but your life would be a hell of a lot easier beside DCE.

Yep Foz could always sign on with Manly for $200K per year and avoid the heavy scrutiny ;)

Gee, if he likes carnival atmospheres and the easier drills, he should have played in the 9's. He would have had a ball!

Sorry, should have quoted Loobs, was responding to his comment about not liking what Foz said at the end of the article.
Who wouldn't like to get out of a week of pre-season under Donny and still be classed as checking in at work.

If the stories are true, and the mwse board have offered 1.1 each to the smell the money brothers - and they still cant confirm they will play - salary cap isn't holding up anything. Only greed.

There is reasonable murmurs going around that we are a good chance to lose both. Don't know if I could forgive the club if this happened. One is understandable given how a club should best utilise the salary cap.

Losing both would expose a major problem with our club, and also would probably tell us a bit about our halves as people.

But after losing gift and choc, surely we had some wiggle room, plus it's not like we didn't know this day for both of them was coming.

Maloney and seizer are far far inferior and foz and dce could be ambassadors, marketers and star players for our club for another 8 years.

Still, we don't really know wats happening, but I'm reading and hearing enough to be worried.

I just prefer to think, whatever will be will be

And that's cool too dan, but I fear worst case scenario we become a club of hired mercenaries like every other club. If they both go, added to choc and gift and the limited time matai, snake and killer have left. That's a lot of seniority and spirit gone from th club in such a small window.. There is no succession plan that can cope with that carnage.

I don't want to support a team or sport that allows that kind of revolving doosr philosophy.

Players retire and players move on, but the above would be a bite roil to swallow

I am trying not to be negative, but the innuendo and uncertainty are taking a toll!

And that's cool too dan, but I fear worst case scenario we become a club of hired mercenaries like every other club. If they both go, added to choc and gift and the limited time matai, snake and killer have left. That's a lot of seniority and spirit gone from th club in such a small window.. There is no succession plan that can cope with that carnage.

I don't want to support a team or sport that allows that kind of revolving doosr philosophy.

Players retire and players move on, but the above would be a bite roil to swallow

I am trying not to be negative, but the innuendo and uncertainty are taking a toll!

like when we came out of the Northern Eagles and we just had crims and thugs throughout the team. We survived however and grew stronger, and that culture will never ever be erased from this club, it may ebb and flow however

I had more fun attending the OneEyedEagle.com protest with Frank Stanton talking about the merits of a merger.

Purchasing the return of Manly striped jersey from the Leagues club those were the good old days lol---then I became a coach and it was all about the money.

What about the last game of the season at Brookie to make the semis for the first time in ages and getting smashed by Cronulla I miss those days, to be honest I was not ready to coach then and was thanking my lucky stars lol.

Again, there is always the chance they will announce resigning before round one for the morale boost...

I have said it before on another thread
They both will sign and go on to play out their careers as club legends and ensure that manly remain the envy of every other club in ther comp.
Wouldn't that be Rad...
Don't worry,its alright........no use worrying about this tonight.
Don't worry,its Ok......they will continue to play with us all day
They will be playing there for you...
Go manly

They both will sign and go on to play out their careers as club legends and ensure that manly remain the envy of every other club in ther comp.
Wouldn't that be Rad...
Go manly

Pass the jay around already ! It's Friday :)

Wouldn't that be Rad...
Go manly

I think it's rad you used 'rad'. Doesn't get used enough these days. I also miss 'mint' and even the (possibly WA-centric) 'mint ox'. Stoked.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4