Is this going to be a season 2010 defining moment???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
5.30pm Saturday

Win....and we are back on track

And equally a loss...probably finishes our chances for the year

I know it's an up and down competition and anything can happen, but my gut feel is this is it....a season defining moment.

Thoughts???

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Thoughts???

I'm trying not to think of the likely outcome if we don't win.

Just trying to ride each weeks game as it plays out, just does your head in other wise.

Yeah i agree, this is a big game for us. Our run home is one of the toughest out of the top 8 contenders. We lose this week and we could be in trouble.

We just need that kickstart, I hoped the Sharks game was it, but obviously not! We really are on a knifes edge, but we all know that. Hate to throw it all away at this stage with so much improvement left in the squad. Just need to get our **** together!! :eek:

BK...getting their "**** together" has to start now, because if this one doesn't get us 2 points it's all way to hard after that...at best I reckon we need 30 just to make the 8, 32 we might make 5th and 34 could even be 4th and a home semi final...but that seems a very long way away at this stage.

It ****s me that we have to hinge our season on a performance against a team of cheats. Melbourne will be doing everything they can to knock as many teams out of contention between now and the end of the year, and I have no doubt they will. If we turn up with the right attitude, we should win. Even if we get beat, but give 100%, I will be confident that we can still make the semi's. That's all we all want, just to see the guys have a dig.

Utility Player link said:
If we play like we did against the Knights it will be good night for 2010.

Maybe that should be good Knight...after all they were the ones to start the 'rot" after we looked like we had turned things around.

Someone else said we just can't play in the wet, so we had beter hope every game between here and Grand Final day is dry!

I really doubt we are good enough this season. I had hope when we beat Melbourne early, then St George, and then Tigers, but there are just too many ordinary performances to seriously imagine that we can string 4-5 wins together to be a realistic chance. Too many players are either past their best or below their best. And now with Farrar out for four weeks - he being a trier every week - then I think we are gone.

Barry Hyland link said:
I really doubt we are good enough this season. I had hope when we beat Melbourne early, then St George, and then Tigers, but there are just too many ordinary performances to seriously imagine that we can string 4-5 wins together to be a realistic chance. Too many players are either past their best or below their best. And now with Farrar out for four weeks - he being a trier every week - then I think we are gone.

That is a point I read a lot, and would normally be fair enough, but imo this is a different comp this year. I could ask you to name a side you think has the goods to go the way, and give you a number of games that suggest that they can't. Playing well, we are as good a shot as anyone, but that can be said about a number of sides

The Roosters are the flavour of the month at the moment, but I could also throw back that a side that conceeded 60 to the Dogs and 42 to the Sharks can't win the comp. Can do that sort of thing with nearly every side

Any side that makes the 8 has a decent shot this season imo, there are a lot of sides capable of putting together 3-4 weeks of top footy and taking it out

You are right in as much as there is no standout team, now that Melbourne are keput. That's a result of the salary cap, where the wooden spooners can win the comp next season (ie. Canterbury - almost last year, and Easts this year) But I think there are only three sides capable of winning a string of important games in a row - St George, Brisbane and Easts. I can't stand any of them, so I hope I'm wrong.
If Easts can continue to play as well as they did against Parra then they will win the comp . .  and I'll be spewin'....

I was talking with a mate (fellow Manly supporter) today over an Angus the third :) and I had to confess to him I think we are too inconsistent to even make the eight. I know this is a different comp this year, and it's a week by week scenario, but it seems like other teams who decide to turn up against us - towel us. Our back line speed is (ahem) slow and we seem to have only a couple of slick moves from inside the 20metre line; and if the other team is onto it we've got not much else.
'Forgive me for my unbelief' :^(

I think it will be a big game if we win but the St George/Roosters games are far more important as they are actually going to be in the finals and are genuine contenders.

Barry Hyland link said:
You are right in as much as there is no standout team, now that Melbourne are keput. That's a result of the salary cap, where the wooden spooners can win the comp next season (ie. Canterbury - almost last year, and Easts this year) But I think there are only three sides capable of winning a string of important games in a row - St George, Brisbane and Easts. I can't stand any of them, so I hope I'm wrong.
If Easts can continue to play as well as they did against Parra then they will win the comp . .  and I'll be spewin'....

We at the start of the year also showed that consistency required. Experience once there will be 1 of our strong points.
St George will be playing nervous, Panthers haven't been there since 2004, Tigers haven't been there since 2005. I agree with the Roosters threat, especially with the 3 pronged attack, they do have some hot and cold players though, and even in their winning streak have been leaking points. Titans, they are probably the dark horse for me, experienced side and reasonably consistent in their performance. Will never right off a team with Lockyer, but unsure if his support cast is ready yet.

So I do think getting there is the key for us, once there, we won't be favourites, but will be more than capable. When on song, such as the Dragons match, our style is bloody hard for some sides to cope with

For us to give it a real shake, we need Lyon, Foran, Kite and Watmough to be on song for a month

I guess the problem is that we are unlikely to be top four and then we are looking at a probable 5 run streak for glory. Hard to imagine but I have seen every contender this year look like buffoons so this is the closest comp I can remember in a very long, long time. We can do it from anywhere in the eight but it will be tough.

MB, the comp is that close there is a real possibility that this season could see 3 and 4 knocked out in the 1st week and 5 and 6 getting a direct pass to week 3 !!

2008 the Warriors got to the Prelim from 8th, last year Parra made the GF from 8th, no reason why in this comp a side like Brisbane for example couldn't win it from 8th

Hi All
i look at it this way
Monday night wasnt the best result but looking forward to Melbourne game i think it will bring out the best in the team and get them fired up for the remaining games we may not drop a game from here on theres noth better then facing off one of your bitter rivals to kick start your charge to the semies
just my thoughts

If stats are anything to go by we should win this Saturday. Here's a breakdown of our performance based on days played,

Friday night 2 games 2 losses
Monday night 5 games 4 losses
Sunday 6 games 2 losses
Saturday 6 games 1 loss

Don't know what it is about Friday and Monday, but we suck when we play on either day.

I really feel this week could go either way. Storm have been up and down for over a month and lost a few close ones. Logic says their heads will be right for this one and want to knock us out of the 8, but I just think the boys might lift for this one.

I have no doubt we will make the 8, probably winning 3 of the last 5.

And there is ZERO chance of us winning 9 games in a row.

Losing to Canberra at home and Newcastle in the last month is season defining for me. 

This side has the talent to roll anyone.  Too many big heads in the team who think all they have to do is turn up though; same as last year.

****s me that Melbourne has the chance to impact our season; they should have been thrown out for the year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4