Is this Buhrers Best??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Symonds needs a few weeks in NSW Cup, which would be beneficial to both sides, and Buhrer can get more gametime. He's been used very badly this year.

I still think Buhrer should be sharing the hooking role at 50/50 with Ballin. Buhrer is a little small for the forwards, though he's a tough cus. But he does have very good ball skills that are being underutilised. He should either play a little wider or play dummy half with a instruction to run forward from dummy half as often as possible. Ballin maintains the defence in the centre and is excellent at it. But variety in that position would be very effective. Could see Buhrer as a Walters type hooker if given more time and latitude.

Kiwi Eagle said:
This is strictly a rumour, but will throw it up anyway

The Eels are extremely keen to get Buhrer over there, are prepared to offer a starting role and wages that will dwarf his Manly contract. Apparently he is best mates with Lussick as well so will be interesting to see if anything pans out. Eels are also said to be sniffing around Ferguson if Canberra flick him

It was also rumoured that we were shopping Buhrer around to other clubs at the beginning of the year.

He is still under contract for 2014

Stats for Jamie B this year from NRL.com
played; 12
Hit ups; 113
All run meters; 830
Line Breaks; 1
Off load; 6
Tackles; 238
Missed; T 4
Errors; 4

Averaging 70m per game and 20 tackles- missing 1 every 60 tackles. Not that bad for the limited game time he gets.

I don't get why people are always so obsessed with size. Good footwork which Buhrer has can negate that easily when he gets to the line combined with a bit of explosive speed, which he has also shown

The game is littered with people who were told they were too small to make it, but they went on to star in the comp

Buhrer isn't exactly tiny either, we know the listing aren't always correct, but Buhrer is listed at 180cm and 95kg, in comparison Choc is 181cm and 94kg

Did you see how well he tackled Trex time and time again in that last match? He was a machine and Trex was kept very quiet when JB was on.

I think he is doing his bench job well & getting through lots of work while he is on, without being a gamebreaker. Maybe the knee injury has taken a bit of his zip off the mark away. That was a great strength of his in the 2011 finals series. Hopefully it comes back.

He had one of his worst career games at the beginning of the year, but has looked a lot better the last two games. His running is starting to remind me of Stranger which is exactly what we have been calling for. The next month is where he could really impress both us and the club as he seems to be finding some of his mojo. Terrific bloke and I'm hoping he kicks on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6