Is this a first?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phoenix

Reserve Grader
Has a coach in a current coaching role ever signed a contract to join another club a year out from his contract?

Yeh and look what happended to the dragons after Bennett announced he was going to the knights. They only won 4 more games the rest of the year.

I fear what next year is going to be like

Cleary announced he was leaving the warriors mid way through the season, didn't seem to effect them. My only concern with all this, like many, is how much talent are we going to lose. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trex sign a 1 year deal and then move to the dogs

Brissie Kid said:
Didn't Smith and Hagan announce their switching from Eels to Knights and vice versa over a year out?

It was mid year, just like normal then Brian Smith resigned from the eels letting Jason Taylor take over.

Phoenix said:
Brissie Kid said:
Didn't Smith and Hagan announce their switching from Eels to Knights and vice versa over a year out?

It was mid year, just like normal then Brian Smith resigned from the eels letting Jason Taylor take over.

I googled it. Was for 2007 season. Both clubs announced the change before start of 2006 and there was some talk of swapping coaches before first game http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=24641

Brissie Kid said:
Phoenix said:
Brissie Kid said:

I googled it. Was for 2007 season. Both clubs announced the change before start of 2006 and there was some talk of swapping coaches before first game http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=24641

Good find mate... Well we all know how the Brian Smith side of it ended. Still Haslers signing is well over a year out. I just don't think it's right for the club.

It raises the question as to why des approached the dogs in July this year when he knew he was under contract for 2012.

Do coaches normally change teams 18 months in advance?

tookey said:
It raises the question as to why des approached the dogs in July this year when he knew he was under contract for 2012.

Des approached the dogs?

Phoenix said:
tookey said:

Des approached the dogs?

The mole from RLW mentioned in August this year that a current NRL coach under contract for next year had approached the dogs about applying for their coaching role. Didn't realise that it was des untuil just recently.

Apparantly it was on the moles twitter page on 31/8/2011

tookey said:
Phoenix said:
tookey said:

Des approached the dogs?

The mole from RLW mentioned in August this year that a current NRL coach under contract for next year had approached the dogs about applying for their coaching role. Didn't realise that it was des untuil just recently.

Apparantly it was on the moles twitter page on 31/8/2011

That was prob mathew elliot. No way would of Hasler approached them

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7