Is There Some Method To Our Signings?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mathematics-chalkboards_00310458.jpg

In relation to Myles, his Titans stats were pretty fair, certainly no Matt Scott but fair.

However he dropped off in a big way when he arrived at Brookvale, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's not on Bozo's radar, with a " ship up or ship out " ultimatum probably already given.

Lewis Brown has been a disappointment BUT to be fair to the player he's filled in for just about everyone through the year, of course being the only player to play all games.

To me Brown is a fair utility , your 17th man, unless needed limited game time but handy to have as a fill in for the forwards and backs.

Part of his " **** year" probably comes from the fact he played a different position every week, and sometimes two or three in a single game.

Both players will be part of the core 25 in 2017 BUT one at least will be on notice to perform at a much higher level.

Recruitment 101, Penn style.

1) Junior office girl send out email to all NRL players asking if they'd like to transfer to our glamour club.

2) A week later ZtH asks said girl " have there been any replies", " why yes, we've had one from Akila Uate who said he's on the outer at Newcastle", " ZtH " just the one ?" Junior girl " no we did get 200 Lol's you are kidding but I didn't think you wanted to know about those ones"

3) A week later at the franchise board meeting the $500k a year for 3 year contract for Uate is discussed, but it's clear the Knights will only let him go if we release one of our top 5 players. So ZtH , Silent P, Mr Fluffy and the Immortal do paper rock scissors to decide which top 5 player it would be, luckily for the Turbo's, Kapow and Dylan Walker, they survived but Ferris didn't ( paper wraps rock every time).

4) After the franchise board meeting the Junior girl is instructed to send email version 2, and is instructed to add the words " pretty please with a cherry on top"

5) The next franchise board meeting is in two weeks and al are very excited to be playing paper rock scissors again!!

IMO only - I believe they will stagger signing announcements to coincide with membership pushes. So first up we have the auto-renewals. No need to announce anyone because that is automatic. Next big drive will be pre-Christmas so I think in the lead up to that, if they have any big names, they will be announced then to get people excited heading into a time when they spend money or have gift money to spend.

IMO only - I believe they will stagger signing announcements to coincide with membership pushes. So first up we have the auto-renewals. No need to announce anyone because that is automatic. Next big drive will be pre-Christmas so I think in the lead up to that, if they have any big names, they will be announced then to get people excited heading into a time when they spend money or have gift money to spend.

Agree although I thought they would announce a signing to temper the uproar once ferris was shown the door

I suppose it's all part of the plan, to release signings slowly so it entices us to rejoin, or join as members for 2017.

BUT, unless it's a big name signing , drip feeding maybe's, wannabe's, possibles but all most likely Blacktown bound players will do nothing to lift membership in 2017.

With the departure of 15 players, and Lyon ( and perhaps others to come) you'd think we'd be more advanced than we are at present.

Plenty of Yarts and Farrts out there with most still including Stewart / Skivvy, yet plenty of Twitface rumours suggesting neither will play.

Surely..........yes surely we are not going to leave it to February 2017 to find out neither are going to run around again, and we are left potentially very short of quality players right at the last minute.

Perhaps I'm just impatient!!

But can we just get in with it.........please?

I suppose it's all part of the plan, to release signings slowly so it entices us to rejoin, or join as members for 2017.

BUT, unless it's a big name signing , drip feeding maybe's, wannabe's, possibles but all most likely Blacktown bound players will do nothing to lift membership in 2017.

With the departure of 15 players, and Lyon ( and perhaps others to come) you'd think we'd be more advanced than we are at present.

Plenty of Yarts and Farrts out there with most still including Stewart / Skivvy, yet plenty of Twitface rumours suggesting neither will play.

Surely..........yes surely we are not going to leave it to February 2017 to find out neither are going to run around again, and we are left potentially very short of quality players right at the last minute.

Perhaps I'm just impatient!!

But can we just get in with it.........please?
The speculation gives us something to chat about though, which is probably a more positive vibe on here than after we know. I am betting that when we do know the team all we will do (depending on your view) will argue about how ****/good our recruitment is, how bozo ****ed up / didn't **** up again ..... agh the joys of off season. We could just go back to arguing about whether Barrett is up to it or not?

Bozo is trying to recreate the manly of 1980/81. The era before he arrived back as coach.
Ah-ha, so that's it. Bozo was having a seniors moment and heard that a player with the name Myles was available and thought he was signing Gene Miles and instead, he ended up with Nate. :p

The same could be said about Lewis Brown. In that same seniors moment, Bozo probably thought he was signing Ray Brown again.

Last edited:
Cheyse Blair is nothing...that one handed attempt at defusing a bomb cost Melbourne the GF and he showed no enterprise down his edge all game...

I think Tom Symonds, Jamie Buhrer, and Hiku were big loses...to a lesser extent I also think Gutherson was worth keeping.

Cheyse Blair is nothing...that one handed attempt at defusing a bomb cost Melbourne the GF and he showed no enterprise down his edge all game...

I think Tom Symonds, Jamie Buhrer, and Hiku were big loses...to a lesser extent I also think Gutherson was worth keeping.
I'd even say that hiku, symonds or gutho would have scored for the storm in that last movement if they had got the ball in the same position that Blair got it. I don't think jamie would have.

Ah-ha, so that's it. Bozo was having a seniors moment and heard that a player with the name Myles was available and thought he was signing Gene Miles and instead, he ended up with Nate. :p

The same could be said about Lewis Brown. In that same seniors moment, Bozo probably thought he was signing Ray Brown again.
In that case here's hoping he inadvertently signs Shannon thinking it is Les.

So worst case scenario as it stands (officially) - assuming we don't sign anyone else, and Matai / Stewart can't play on:-

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane

Center Options: Matthew Wright, Jonathan Wright, Brayden Wiliame
Backrow Options: Frank Winterstein, Jamil Hopoate, Billy Bainbridge

That really worries me to be honest. If we get injuries, we are in trouble.

Hope to hell Matai can play on.

So worst case scenario as it stands (officially) - assuming we don't sign anyone else, and Matai / Stewart can't play on:-

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane

Center Options: Matthew Wright, Jonathan Wright, Brayden Wiliame
Backrow Options: Frank Winterstein, Jamil Hopoate, Billy Bainbridge

That really worries me to be honest. If we get injuries, we are in trouble.

Hope to hell Matai can play on.
Tom Turbo is good centres cover provided we have adequate fullback cover. He's so naturally talented it's almost an upgrade.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6