Is there a coach as bad as Ricky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey guys - not bagging anyone but who would be the better coach out of Ricky Stuart and Peter Sharpe?

I happen to like PS because he coached my NRL (the real NRL) team the pickers.

Daddycool08 said:
Hey guys - not bagging anyone but who would be the better coach out of Ricky Stuart and Peter Sharpe?

Stuart has won a premiership and an Origin series as a coach. Sharp couldn't win a chook raffle. As bad as Sticky is, I think Sharp is worse. There have been any number of successful coaches that were not great players, but Stuart achieved everything as a player, so naturally he has to know something about the game, maybe just not how to communicate that to his troops.

Daddycool08 said:

Sharpe's coaching record
Manly 41 games - 16 wins - 24 losses - 1 draw - 39%
Northern Eagles 76 games - 30 wins - 45 losses - 1 draw - 39.5%
Cronulla 5 games - 1 win - 4 losses - 20 %
Total 122 games - 47 wins - 73 losses - 2 draws - 38.5%
English record
Hull 63 games - 34 wins - 26 losses - 3 draws - 54%

Sharpe's Winning percentages are Similar to Stuart . Stuart inherited a premier Roosters team when he started coaching and won a premiership

Like Andrew Johns, Ricky Stuart would probably be a good halves coach. But as a teams head coach he seems to be the kiss of death.

Another day in the office

Attachments

• 274934-4c67fcce-113e-11e4-9633-5d2eb5bc90d6.jpg
    274934-4c67fcce-113e-11e4-9633-5d2eb5bc90d6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
Why did he even get a tag of being a good coach? Apart from getting a team that most on here could of won a gf with, what has he done to make people think he is good at his job?

HoldenV8 said:
Like Andrew Johns, Ricky Stuart would probably be a good halves coach. But as a teams head coach he seems to be the kiss of death.

He coached sandow back to nsw cup.

To be fair as well there are players in that Team that should go they are not performing either. Campese is on top $$$$ down there, get rid of him for a start and Canberra aren't buying quality players.

Harry said:
To be fair as well there are players in that Team that should go they are not performing either. Campese is on top $$$$ down there, get rid of him for a start and Canberra aren't buying quality players.

Harry, put yourself in the position. You get a chance at a contract with Manly or the Raiders.

Lets say you even live in the cold of Canberra.

Would you like to be coached by 2V or RS?

To put it simply would you want to play post-season football by signing with Manly or would you prefer to have September and October off?

Even if they offered you a motza.

That is why they can't attract quality players. IMHO.

Daddycool08 said:
Harry said:

Harry, put yourself in the position. You get a chance at a contract with Manly or the Raiders.

To put it simply would you want to play post-season football by signing with Manly or would you prefer to have September and October off?

I think the real reasons are the perceived climate issues and the lack of night life for young people.

The Climate is in fact great. You aclimatise to the colder months very very quickly and the lack of humidity in the area actually means the cold doesn't feel as cold and the hot doesn't feel as hot. I have lived here for three years now and I love the climate. Last Saturday we had a maximum of 9 degrees and I got around all day in a T-Shirt.

As for the night life, well I'm old so I wouldn't know.

There are benefits. Only 2 hours from the snow & the beach (You can surf in the morning & ski in the afternoon), negligible traffic issues, great facilities.

Snake said:
Daddycool08 said:

Stuart has won a premiership and an Origin series as a coach. Sharp couldn't win a chook raffle. As bad as Sticky is, I think Sharp is worse. There have been any number of successful coaches that were not great players, but Stuart achieved everything as a player, so naturally he has to know something about the game, maybe just not how to communicate that to his troops.
I agree Sharp is the worst. Have some sympathies with Stewart, as he has a special needs daughter and has wanted to be closer to family in Canberra to help with her needs and he would be under a lot of stress. Who would want to be a coach nowadays ! I hope things improve for him as it hasn't been a good time. I agree the Communication probably isn't the best but his players aren't putting in and having a dig either.

Ralphie said:
Daddycool08 said:
Harry said:

I think the real reasons are the perceived climate issues and the lack of night life for young people.

The Climate is in fact great. You aclimatise to the colder months very very quickly and the lack of humidity in the area actually means the cold doesn't feel as cold and the hot doesn't feel as hot. I have lived here for three years now and I love the climate. Last Saturday we had a maximum of 9 degrees and I got around all day in a T-Shirt.

There are benefits. Only 2 hours from the snow & the beach (You can surf in the morning & ski in the afternoon), negligible traffic issues, great facilities.
[/quote

Harry said:
Snake said:
Daddycool08 said:

I agree Sharp is the worst. Have some sympathies with Stewart, as he has a special needs daughter and has wanted to be closer to family in Canberra to help with her needs and he would be under a lot of stress. Who would want to be a coach nowadays ! I hope things improve for him as it hasn't been a good time. I agree the Communication probably isn't the best but his players aren't putting in and having a dig either.

Ralphie said:
Daddycool08 said:
Harry said:

[/quote

Whats the closest beach down there ? Would love to check it out down sometime. I do enjoy the cooler climate myself.

Ralphie said:
Harry said:
Whats the closest beach down there ? Would love to check it out down sometime. I do enjoy the cooler climate myself.

I usually go to Tathra, which is an hour & a quarter from where I live.

Will try that one out next time I am down. Cheers

Daddycool08 said:
Harry said:

well if you offered me an extra month off per year and 25% more pay i would be very tempted

Ralphie said:
Harry said:

You must live way south of Canberra, because there is no way you can get to Tathra from Canberra in an hour and a quarter.

Probably the closest beach to Canberra CBD are those around Batemans Bay, straight down the hill from Canberra. You could be on the sand in about 2 hours of leaving the CBD more or less.

There are some great beaches along that south coast region.

Chip and Chase said:
Ralphie said:
Harry said:

You must live way south of Canberra, because there is no way you can get to Tathra from Canberra in an hour and a quarter.

Probably the closest beach to Canberra CBD are those around Batemans Bay, straight down the hill from Canberra. You could be on the sand in about 2 hours of leaving the CBD more or less.

I live 45 minutes South of Canberra.

Ralphie said:
Chip and Chase said:
Ralphie said:
Harry said:

I live 45 minutes South of Canberra.

Any snow around ? A big cold change is hitting there soon

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4