Is there a better squad in the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No comparison between the 2, Glenn is a very good player, but Menzies is an all time Manly great, one of the absolute best players and leaders we have had.

And why can't we have more threads like this one? outstanding effort to all in it, even Shane, who disagreed but didnt get abusive.

and yes i know i sound like an old prick, but the thread is worth a clap..

swoop said:
I think the Manly squad we have now is the best squad of young and older talent than I can remember including the 70's when we tried to buy comp. At the moment we have a wealth of players that can cover all positions and we've probably got the 3 best youngsters in the NRL with DCE, Foran and Hoppa. Throw in the likes of the stewart bros,matai, wolf, robbo, t-rex rodneys, choc, joe, kite, king, ballin etc.etc. Then we have Lussick, robinson, Harrison, oldfield.

The only problem is how many can we keep?

Does anyone else think there's a better squad of 25 in the NRL now?
We have a a strong well balanced squad - no doubt about that. Our present players arent all champions but play well as a team.
In the seventies we had a team of absolute champions - Eadie, Fulton, Randall etc were not only best of their time but all time. We didnt try to buy a comp - we won comps. We bought some players, sure, but most still came throught the ranks. From memory we bought less players from other teams then than say the Bulldogs and Souths do currently.
I think that while our present side is strong, it is Des that is the difference. Put some of our current players in other teams and I think they would become very ordinary. In the seventies our reserve grade side would have beaten many of the other first grade sides. Not the case now. Our current squad is very good but I reckon a bit early to compare to the seventies.

I think we have a better squad than any other time I can remember. We've got talent right across the park. A mixture of youth and experienced players mostly all in form and playing as a group.

It the 70's and 80's we've had some great players but I don't think we had as many quality players at one time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6