1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the edge defence improving?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagle66, Mar 31, 2016.

1. eagle66

eagle66 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    I may be only looking for positives, but, it looks like our edge defence has been improving. I now Easts punched through there a few times but it is starting to look like we are not leaving the winger posted on his own as much. That has been happening to us now for about 6 years with Hasler then Toovey as coaches. Even the Dogs developed that problem when Hasler started there.

2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Let's hope so. :)

Chez's defense will be missed on our RHS, and hopefully Jorge will be tethered to his corner post:praying:

BJ and Marty will be fresh at least to combat the Burgess Clan :clap:

3. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    As mentioned in previous threads, new structures take time.
    The general improvement of the defensive line the past 2 rounds comes down to attitude....the contact has lifted across the ground helping control that fast play ball ....the key to communication & ensuring defence is coming up straight, which helps the edge & defensive line in general.

4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,353 / 111
    If Willame is back tonight and the edge fails again I will cry.

5. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    I'll just cry if Williame is back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    Agree Williame can be a scary prospect out wide...but truth is, it was the inside men putting him in awkward situations mostly at fault.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    We missed a lot of tackles against Easts (40 in fact) and some of those were crucial one on ones on the edges. We only missed half that amount against the Sharks, so I don't see how that is an improvement. I don't think Easts have a game plan that particularly exploits our defensive deficiencies, so one can only assume our defence was the worst its been all year. We'll get a bit of starch back this week with Kapow, BJ and Api K so hopefully we can hold tight against the Bunnies big boys.

8. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    My worry tonight is attack, not defence. I can't imagine Koriosau's playmaking abilities will be particularly stellar. Would love to be proved wrong though.

9. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    Damn - 40 missed tackles - I had the Wild Turkey glasses on for sure, because that's a loss 90% of the time.....
    The contact has probably improved & Roosters were running harder than they have at 0 & 3 but if we miss 40 against Cows, we are chasing 36 points plus (that's 26 approx against Sths)....the only good thing is missing so many tackles the scramble had to be good combined with an unconfident Roosters side taking poor options...

10. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Api played #7 in NSW Cup and has played in the halves at Penrith. He doesn't need to reinvent the wheel here. Just control and organise.

I also don't see why Williame would be back. If Matai is out then Brown would slide across. If Walker is out he might stick Mateo or Godinet there. We've got all kinds of options across the park without having to go back to Williame.

11. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    If Williame plays ill chalk it up as a loss before the game even starts, that guy is cursed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ricardo

ricardo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 70
    No way Hex runs on tonight