1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS TB FORGIVEN NOW HE"S A WINNER

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by midsteyne, Mar 22, 2016.

1. midsteyne

midsteyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 12
    after two weeks of doom and gloom it seems Tb has the boys on the path to redemption,going on what I saw last night,i noticed,
    the Maroon Wall starting to take shape,
    The forwards in general were much more assertive
    The backline almost to the way they were.
    The question I pose is do we as fans ease up on our coach and let him do his thing.@:)

2. chris_niko

chris_niko Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    No. Next lost #sackbarrett
    Until then #barrettforpm @:cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    As I said in another thread, TB demonstrated to me in the first 2 weeks he is out of his depth. It will take more than one win to convince me that he has progressed from L-Plates to P-Plates.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    As much as you can not judge after the first two game you can not judge after one win. it is still very early days and will take 6 - 8 weeks for a more complete picture to form

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    TB is a rookie Coach - he has a long way to go to establish himself as a reliable NRL Coach.
    Nothing to forgive, just a WIP with every advantage given to him in roster, training facilities, Staff, and Board Support@:cool:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Nope my dog could coach our team to an undefeated premiership

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
  8. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,842 / 190
    Once Clark Kent puts on his Superman costume he becomes Superman and once Trent or anyone that wears the maroon and white colours and Sea eagle emblem they are born again and becomes a Manly Sea eagle !!!
    d70c795c223709ff94ec3b194681fbe4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    Its a long season...can't judge too much till mid season being round 12-13 to see where the team is at.
    Imo the knives were out to early & now the halo is out too quickly...time is of the essence, but to answer your question - give the bloke a go!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Keffola

Keffola New Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 3
    He's forgiven not for the win, but making the hard decisions by dropping Korisau and Green.

Team is almost at full strength... only need to find space for buhrer now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Bit hasty there lsz. Maybe 7 - 9 weeks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,702 / 257
    You are fickle bastards you lot!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. The Meat Rocket

The Meat Rocket New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 4
    I still think he is an unproven hack. We have a club paying 2 coaches at the moment and the one with the clipboard is Trent Barrett. As my Jewish grandma would say... Oy vey!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2
  14. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Yes TB made the decision to drop Koroisau and Green resulting in Parcell playing hooker and T-Red and Mateo getting a call up.

But lets not forget the Snake factor, and that wasn't a decision Trent needed to make, that was just automatic once he was passed fit. Snake being out there made a hell of a difference to the side. Tommy moved back to the wing and had a blinder away from the pressures of filling in for Snake. And DCE was a completely different player last night than we saw in the opening two rounds because he could play his normal game and not have to worry about organising the team which we all know isn't the strongest part of his game.

And as we all saw, Snake also played as an extra 5/8 in attack which took a lot of play making pressure from Walker who is better suited to a running game.

And for their part, Parcell, T-Red and Feleti had strong games.

Trent Barrett took a step in the right direction by dropping Green and Koroisau plus dropping Brown to the bench, but other factors won the game for us last night. For mine the jury is still out on Barrett's coaching ability, but as said it was a step in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  15. Loaded dog

Loaded dog Out on the full.

Ratings:
    +633 / 11
    TB forgiven?
    Shirley, you cant be serious!
    How can you forgive someone who models his hairstyle after the Channel Ten weather presenter?
    gimme a break

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    We lost the first 2 rounds largely on bartlett's selections. He selected a better team last night. I thank him for last night but still apportion blame to him for rounds 1 and 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    If you want to know if Barrett can coach, the answer will be known by afternoon tea time on the Wednesday after Round 11.
    And not a moment before! Pretty obvious really :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,467 / 80
    When we hit top 4 I'll think about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    He has a better NRL coaching record than all of us on here!! thats actaully a fact.

But in all honesty we need to wait at least 8 weeks, before we start bringing out the please explains.

I love the fact he was showing emotion in the coaches box. you cant be at manly and not have emotion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    The reason TB is our coach is not his fault. It was Penn and Co's decision to shaft a club legend for a rookie.
    I just hope he ends up being able to coach.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1