Is Slothfield starting to make sense

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Or have I been drinking tooo much

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/the-nrl-is-a-billion-dollar-sport-being-run-by-a-bunch-of-amateurs-writes-phil-rothfield/story-e6frf3ou-1226885498750

I'm still waiting for the NRL to review its two referee policy.
Surely they have had time to realise it has been an abject failure.
Not only are we getting more penalties, a difference of interpretations between the two pinkies, but it is diluting the referee talent pool (an oxymoron, I know).
To me, this is the biggest issue in the NRL. Everyone seems to want to tinker with minor rules, yet this has been the biggest rule change in history. When has having two bosses ever worked?

That reminded me of what Manly players and Hasler said after the first trial in 2008 under the two referees. Was against Storm at Gosford. Can't find Hasler's comments on google but Orford says the same thing. Six years ago it was obvious from the start what the problem would be.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/orford-filthy-at-limp-showing/story-e6frf3ru-1111115568261?from=public_rss

Orford also admitted he wasn't a big fan of the experimental two referees system employed in Melbourne.

Grand final referee Tony Archer and Gavin Badger shared the duties with one taking charge of the ruck and the other the ten metres before swapping roles as possession was turned over.

Orford believes the inconsistencies in interpretation between referees made the experiment untenable.

“It's just two different opinions out there - you don't know which bloke to actually go and talk to and say. 'What's that ruling for?',” Orford said.

“It could change a game a whole lot more, the tempo of the game can change from ref to ref.

“The dominant calls and the surrender calls are different ... you've got to move quicker with one ref or slower with the other.”

YOU’D think the NRL would have learnt a lesson from last year’s finals series when the Cowboys were robbed by a seven-tackle try to Beau Ryan.

If they didn't learn from the 1995 GF, why would they learn when the mistake is made in a less important game?

Rothfield probably read it on our website, or another footy forum, or is pushing Ray Hadley's agenda or is........

In short not his idea.

I'd just like to make a couple of things clear...
1 You can never drink too much.
2 Rothfield and sense in the same sentence constitute an oxymoron.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2