Is Orford re-signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No Mal, Orford let Slater in for one of his.  He's bad man, just watch the replays.  Gould is an asshole, but he's assessment of the 'Ox' was valid tonight.  Watch the replay if your masochistic enough and you will see the inept display by our captain.  He is meant to put on the money plays, call the shots, take the fifth, lead, etc, etc...leading by example we lose by 28.  An excellent result, no?  

I agree with KE's sentiments on Wolfman.  He should not be pilloried for tonight's loss.

But I fail to see how a man who won the Rothman's medal cannot see how Orford failed to direct tonight?  Maybe's he's getting too old to talk while running as he's panting too hard?

OK Kiwi, I'll concede with Williams.  Williams can stay, but Orford has to go.  Even you must agree with that.  He's clearly at the end of his career.  Over and out.

DSM5 link said:
OK Kiwi, I'll concede with Williams.  Williams can stay, but Orford has to go.  Even you must agree with that.  He's clearly at the end of his career.  Over and out.
  He's probably good enough to plod around on some northern English quagmires for a few more years, assuming he doesn't get buried in a mudpile, most likely after slipping over from launching one of his 25m dribblers from the goal line drop out situation.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181683.msg241066#msg241066 date=1252672338]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181683.msg241063#msg241063 date=1252672197]
LOL, sheep F**ker, what a sad little man lol

Name the 25 better ?

And you use this years form to throw the bloke into the rubbish bin ? We would barely have any players at the club if that was the criteria, even Beaver had a bad year or 2 in the early 2000s
The bloke is what, 22 ?? With about 40 1st grade games under his belt, going through a flat patch, which all players do, Foran will probably have one in the next year or 2.

If we used your theory of cutting blokes, then Parramatta would have cut Hayne last season because he was horrendous

You the sad little man my friend

he couldn't tackle last year - he cant tackle this year - I doubt that will change next year either,
[/quote]

So no names for the 25 then ?
[/quote]

Go through them yourself it's really easy to find 25

I'm not syaing he had a great game DSM, but halves can only do so much when completion rates and missed tackles are woeful. Did you see the half time stats? It's not the captains fault every time a team get's touched up...learn to share the blame mate...

Picking Lyon was the biggest mistake of the game.

Lots of mistakes in our game tonight Mal, but what I've posted about Our Dear Leader all year was encapsulated in tonight game.  look at his game and look at Cronk's.  There was absolutely no creativity, no leadership, no plays, no nothing, and he missed a lot of tackles as well.  He's the captain of the ship and should be the one to drown, not the crew.  

Mal Cochrane link said:
I'm not syaing he had a great game DSM, but halves can only do so much when completion rates and missed tackles are woeful. Did you see the half time stats? It's not the captains fault every time a team get's touched up...learn to share the blame mate...

Picking Lyon was the biggest mistake of the game.

Yep a lot of what you say is right. Hard to build pressure when you can't hold onto the ball and give away stupid penalties. I actually thought our forwards held their own early on, but weight of possession and field position just too much to resist. However, Orford needs to take the blame for not trying to at least engineer some form of a grind it out plan to get back into the game. Where are our repeat sets ? Where is our quality kicking game ? Where is our crisp organised attack ? At 10-0 down we were still in it and just needed to score before halftime to make a game of it. We had opportunity but couldn't deliver.

When things don't go our way we seem to struggle to get back into games, and instead we seem to play a disorganised, panicky, directionless type of play, where we hope something will happen. I'd just like to see some composure at times and have confidence that someone is in control.

The Lyon gamble was worth it in my opinion. We are a much better side with him on the park, and this may well have been our last throw of the dice depending on how other results pan out. Just unfortunate he didn't go the distance.

fair enough..we agree on some points but I think your points on orfords lack of creativity and copping the brunt of this loss etc etc matches your lack of ability at looking at the whole picture and instead concentrating on one man.

The team let in 40 points tonight and were lucky to score at all....i didnt see the storm captain getting this attention after last years GF..who was that? I hope it wasn't you man Cronk!

i wouldn't agree with those blaming orford if he was actually having a dig and giving it a shot.

But fmd mal he wasn't anywhere to be seen for 80% of the game. Playing 3 or 4 out from the ruck repeatedly. Letting matai of all people take general in play kicks. This is the **** he's got to do, hes the one stearing the team around and making sure everyone is on the same page with 1 plan. You cant have your hooker kick, then your center take a few and then orford comes in for 1 and back to the center for a crack.

It ****ing irks me that it took until the 70th minute to get the ball to brett stewart in a backline movement, low and behold we score a try. Im rewatching the game tomorrow and i will count the number of times orford played from first reciever. And how often our forwards ended up in his place being the link man, its just not going to work.

He didn't take control, he didn't stear the team on the gameplan, he didn't do anything but pop up every now and then when it looked safe for him to do so without being under to much pressure. You cannot have any more forward domination in a final than we had at one point in the first half. If thats not a platform to produce some attacking football you'll never see it.

A night to sleep on it....Wolfman to stay just for less cash than he would have expected at the start of the year!

Flip link said:
i wouldn't agree with those blaming orford if he was actually having a dig and giving it a shot.

But fmd mal he wasn't anywhere to be seen for 80% of the game. Playing 3 or 4 out from the ruck repeatedly. Letting matai of all people take general in play kicks. This is the S**t he's got to do, hes the one stearing the team around and making sure everyone is on the same page with 1 plan. You cant have your hooker kick, then your center take a few and then orford comes in for 1 and back to the center for a crack.

It F**king irks me that it took until the 70th minute to get the ball to brett stewart in a backline movement, low and behold we score a try. Im rewatching the game tomorrow and i will count the number of times orford played from first reciever. And how often our forwards ended up in his place being the link man, its just not going to work.

He didn't take control, he didn't stear the team on the gameplan, he didn't do anything but pop up every now and then when it looked safe for him to do so without being under to much pressure. You cannot have any more forward domination in a final than we had at one point in the first half. If thats not a platform to produce some attacking football you'll never see it.

Summed up to a tee. There is no excuse for a half back, captain not to be rallying him his team, barking instructions. He should have been behind the pack encouraging them. His only excuse could be that he was crook and shouldn't played.

And let's not forget this fellow is being paid more than the Prime Minister to lead the side.  Probably being paid twice what Cronk is.  Well Cronk looked far better for playing behind pussies like White.

It simply amazes me that two people can watch Orford go around, and come up with completely different interpretations of his play.  I look at him and see a directionless fucquit,  Mal, Kiwi and some others look at him and see the other side.  Puzzling. 

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6