Is Matai Serious???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm all for players staying loyal to the end BUT cannot blame them ( say in Watamouth situation) where they can get a longer deal at the end of their career somewhere else.

He hasn't bagged the club ( yet) and until he does let's not bag him!!

COMMANDER said:
His next contract is his last contract. Manly is not going to sign him for three years, let him play out 2015 and then he can do what he wants.

If he does not perform during this year or starts to undermine the team send him down to the reggies.
Last season he was understandably pissed off at the way former Quantum director Phil Sidney and GM David Perry handled his best mate Gifty's contract negotiations but on the field he put his body on the line and always played his inspirational best and i cant see him playing any different for us this year

Time for Joe Kelly to step up and put a gag on contracted players taking about their contract situation for future seasons.

Let the MWSE members & supporters enjoy the build up to the 2015 season!

Anyone got Joe's email...? Time to send him a memo.

Stevie off contract at end of 2015 AND we're trying to resign two of the most expensive players in the game AND we have some brilliant backline talent coming through.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-prem...public_rss
The writing may not just be on the wall for Matai. The situation may have been made perfectly clear and he is trying to get enough interest to get a contract in place. Good luck to the brave, ageing warrior.

It is a tricky business in contract negotiations. A players worth is measured mainly in his ability on the paddock. The "true" value will go up with various peaks and then slide down a bit at the end (generalisation).

There should also be a component on their input on and off the paddock to make to team better and assist with team harmony.

Manly offered Gifty too much considering his expected future on field performance but he had a big influence on team harmony.

All very well except if you have a happy harmonious team not making the finals.

For overall performance it is best to dramatically reduce some players contract at the end or move them on. If they are a vital cog and an inspiration to others then this becomes more tricky.

I would keep Killer to the end, as well as Matty B but Matai.. hmm not sure. Maybe should be eased out tactfully (harmoniously!!). We will lose lots by him going but plenty to gain as well.

We need to lose Killer too.

Oops... I meant Killer needs to lose a few going off those training pics...

Matai is on the wrong side of 30 and knows he has some brilliant younger blokes snapping at his heels for his centre spot. He will be looking for his last pay day and I think he probably deserves that. He knows he isn't going to win a premiership at the titans so id say he would looking to live a pretty cruisy life up the coast on big dollars lol.

Kiwi Eagle said:
... me there are some over reactors on this site

Naw+you+re+fine+you+didn+t+over+reactor+_717cce07ad4cb7635ef28d875162b3ac.jpg

Frank said:
I don't think Matai was serious. He was just kidding.

Makes sense. I want to live near my in laws... I want to play for the Titans...

Who in their right mind would want that? It is obviously sarcasm!!

Too subtle Skivi! If he had said he always wanted to play under Neil Henry I would have got it...

1. Regardless of whether it's honesty or not, the comments from Matai are counterproductive to the club that is currently paying his salary. I agree with Chip; someone at the club needs be dragged over the coals for letting this sort of thing happen.

2. I don't blame Matai for leaving at the end of year. I think it's obvious he only has a couple of years left in him, and we have some amazing young talent coming through that demand playing time in the top grade.

In conclusion, I am disappointed in what was said because it fuels the media, but Matai should be moved on in 2016 anyway.

Snake said:
1. Regardless of whether it's honesty or not, the comments from Matai are counterproductive to the club that is currently paying his salary. I agree with Chip; someone at the club needs be dragged over the coals for letting this sort of thing happen.

2. I don't blame Matai for leaving at the end of year. I think it's obvious he only has a couple of years left in him, and we have some amazing young talent coming through that demand playing time in the top grade.

In conclusion, I am disappointed in what was said because it fuels the media, but Matai should be moved on in 2016 anyway.
Yes it is very disappointing at what Matai has said but it was also very disappointing at the way Quantum director Phil Sidney and GM David Perry fkd up the players moral as these two cok holders started all this sht by the way they treated club legend Gifty
I am glad they are now both gone , Sidney took his money and pissed off and the club pissed Perry off . Good riddance !!!

I am not annoyed with his honesty, I am annoyed with his timing!.
There is no need for players to talk about contract what if's. If players are off contract and leaving then negotiate your new contract and leave when your time is up. We will clap for you in your last game and hate you when we play you next. But the difference is that you will leave with dignity and respect for the club that has given you a career for the last few years. Just dont kick the potted plant over as you walk out the door.

Matai has been a terrific player for manly for many years. Having said that, he only becoming more injury prone in his age and manly cant afford how much he deserves. Let someone like NZ or the Titans pay him big money so he can retire while spending time with his family. When hes done Manly will welcome him home with open arms. He will always be a Manly legend to me.

This basically comes down to "Matai attends media event - reporter asks question about his future among other things - But naturally prints only that."

Gavin Orr is just trying to create a market. Like he said, Matai took unders to stay at Manly so he wants a big final payday. There is probably limited interest in Matai. He's old, worn down and disliked by many.

Really, his options are probably stay for an average amount or go to the Warriors which would be fine. Maybe he should go to the UK.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6