Is Killer complaining to the refs too much

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

should killer stop the whinge

• Total voters
I can recall a team i played for were whinging consistently for the 1st few months. Any drop ball from the opposing team and our players were calling knock on and harrassing the ref, always whinging about them being offside, calling shepherds etc...

Then one day a ref hit back and told our team to stop whinging, and it struck me. The guys did whinge! Why? i realised the guys were always looking for excuses, the easy road, and weren't willing to dig and take control of games when we had lost momentum. It was a big show of lack of confidence and when the ref told them to stop whinging, it stung them and made them realise they were carrying on like kids.

i sort of see a bit of this in manly lately when things don't go our way.

I like how killer questions the refs and trys to hold them accountable, its a quality of a good captain.

But he does need to mabye tone it down a bit. Some games he does it too often.

I understand killer, the refs are really bad at present and it is frustrating walking away from bad decisions costing your team hard work in achieving, it is like the refs are trying to making it harder for Manly. I guess we have to accept this and rise above it but with a lot of young guys it makes it harder.

Maybe we should change our name to Moanly Waa-whinger.

Mind you I see every complaint made by us as completely justified and I forgive nothing. Still flabber and gasted that one of our players was headbutted in the GF RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF AND THEY GOT THE PENALTY!!!!!

I think killer is hoping that the captains call gets introduced. I think he will enjoy that option very much. :)

Cliffy said:
I hate to say it but in game one we looked ill disciplined and mentally weak.

Brookie said:
he is our captain, he is passionate about our team.
its his job...

Eagles2nv said:
I think killer is hoping that the captains call gets introduced. I think he will enjoy that option very much. :)

In round one I was proud of the way our boys played in the first half. Although I thought it was a little too easy how they (Manly) managed to get past the Storm to score. The Storm does not and I repeat does not make it that easy for any NRL team to score. Period. Everything returned to normal in the second half when they(the Storm) turned on their defence and came from behind to win. I know that last part may have sounded like I was against Manly for round one, but I've watched the way the Storm plays- noted it- I learnt they don't make it easy for any team at all. I know it's called defence, but still...

On the subject of Jamie Lyon, I don't think he complains to the refs too much. Heck, whenever the opposition does something that should be penalised, but they get away with it, occasionally, I yell at the ref on the television screen numerous times myself. I once watched the Toyota Cup under 20s game between Manly and someone else one time- Daly Cherry-Evans was the goal kicker than. They had that Captain's Challenge. I thought it was a good idea.

Agree with me. Disagree with me. It's your choice. :cool:

Killer whinges less than Thurston and Smith but is not a NRL golden boy, that is the difference.

Fluffy said:
Killer whinges less than Thurston and Smith but is not a NRL golden boy, that is the difference.
Killer usually questions the refs decisions in a respectful way, unlike a lot of other Thurston & Ennis being prime examples.

I don't think you can get penalised for sarcasm. Not in the rule book.
Killer should start replying to whistle like this:
Totally understand Shayne, the ball was 2 metres forward but great decision to award the try.
I agree, we've been offside on a few occasions but they're playing a perfect game. Great refereeing.
Do you want to go for a beer after the match Shayne?:p
Should we re-set our defence because we know you're about to blow the whistle

Or...just ignore the wanker and get on with the job.

Killer is not the Referee, nor is any Manly Player - so 'play to the whistle' and save your mental energies and stay in position for Luke's dummy half runs :idea:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7