1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Killer complaining to the refs too much

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 9, 2014.

should killer stop the whinge

1. Yes

26.5%
  2. no just tone it down

28.6%
  3. no

44.9%
  1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    I love Killer but seriously he needs to stop the complaining as its starting to affect his game IMO

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Should be another option to vote for, 'not enough'.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  4. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 27
    It's a difficult one, I thought last year he was, but it seems what the captains need to do to slow down the game. However last night I only thought he spoke to the refs on a couple of occasions....and when George Rose dropped that ball he was blowing up!!! But can't blame him for that...how did they miss it??

5. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    The problem is most of the time he is right.

The way Manly are singled out by the officiating is a real issue. Teams can overcome it if they are full of stars but the NRL cap is ripping us apart now. The slide has begun. If the officiating problems Manly have aren't fixed the team will drop to the bottom of the ladder and then the club will get poor crowds and less sponsorship dollars.

It's a doomsday scenario. But whether its Lyon on the field and back room talks with the NRL something has to change.

6. Killer03

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 27
    There was a comment from someone on another thread and I agree with it, and they said we seem to take the bad calls personally and let it affect us too much. We do need to be a bit more hard nosed when we get bad decisions (we should be used to it by now!!) and try and arrest the momentum (I realize this is easy said than done).

7. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    'Play to the whistle' is the only Rule and as a Senior Player, Killer should know this.

It makes no difference that they are wrong - it is their rules during the game - simples ! :cool:

I was really glad that they brought in the no talk policy, but Killer didn't get the Memo and was distracted from his game badly last night.

Righteous indignation = loss of two match points :dodgy:

8. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 10
    Agree. Like in the GF when the ball went dead off Jennings. Lyon blew up, but it fell on deaf ears.

9. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    To encourage the 'hard nose response' killer should tone it down, or stop it alltogether. I believe it is having a bad effect on the concentration of some of his teammates. They take it personally, they are then looking back, not forwards.

10. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    did anyone see Jarrod Hayne last night,he must be sailing close to the wind with the refs,he really pushes it to the limit

11. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 113
    It's a manly tactic from way back. Bob Fulton as coach got Kevin Walters sent off before the whistle had blown during the second half in an England tour after instructions him to mention the penalty count to the ref.

I don't think the team is having a win taking the ref on in today's climate. It's having the total opposite effect. The ref gets off side and penalises more. I could hear players swearing at the ref when a call didn't go manlys way. It should have brought a further penalty. That negatively is not what you want on a football field, it grows. I hate to say it but in game one we looked ill disciplined and mentally weak.

Hopefully we learn from the experience.

12. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    Maybe after being gutted in a GF the players, like the fans, have had enough.

13. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    For a start, the two referee policy HAS NOT WORKED!
    You can only have one boss. When will the NRL admit they have erred and return to this rule?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    The quality of refereeing at the moment is abysmal. Having two of them on the field just makes it worse. I'd love to see a return to one ref but i don't see the NRL admitting they got it wrong.
    They'll just go on inventing new rules and ignoring the root of the problem.

• Like Like x 3
  15. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    When has a ref ever changed their mind after a decision has been given? All it does it get into the ref's head for the next call

16. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Memo recruitment team: Desperately seeking a mute rugby league player to take over captaincy of the mighty Sea Eagles.

17. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    I seem to remember a few years ago when a bad call came against us, we took it out on the opposition.

The guys just said alright you got that one but wait until you guys run at us in the next set of six. There was some mongrel and we made the opposition pay for the ref's mistakes.

I don't see that now they seem to drop their heads a bit.

So one piece of advice is get back to - if we get a bad call (and there are a lot of them) make the opposition pay and hurt them rather than worry about it.

• Like Like x 7
  18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I think that is the whole point of it. Make the ref wonder if he made a howler, which then increases the pressure on him to make the next 50/50 go with the other team.

19. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    I think that is the whole point of it. Make the ref wonder if he made a howler, which then increases the pressure on him to make the next 50/50 go with the other team.
    [/quote]

Yep...which is why i think it should be done selectively

20. Killer03

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 27
    Didn't see this game, but have seen Hayne previously and he sail very close to the wind. How about Thurston? He just openly says to the refs that they've cheated him and openly swears and gesticulates.....but for some reason JT is the prince behind Cameron Smith when it comes to this....can't be wrong.