Is Joey worth having around?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
He's been at the club for a number of years:

:Why does Foran want to go if we supposedly have the best halves coach at the club?

:Why haven't we found or trained another goal kicker? Johns should have identified and helped someone in the team as a back up to Lyon.

:Have our halves improved? We had a dominant pack when the halves we at their peak.

:It was reported that he almost came to blows with Whatnuts when he was still here. Has he upset any others?

:We obviously have to factions in the team, the Stewart and the DCE camps. Which one has Johns sided with?

In my opinion if we are paying money to this bloke it is being wasted.

Thoughts?

Totally agree . I've met years ago and he is a dead set wanker. Get rid of him . He struggles to get a sentence out at the best of times so I don't think his communication skills would be rubbing off with our boys to well. Imo.

Totally agree . I've met years ago and he is a dead set wanker. Get rid of him . He struggles to get a sentence out at the best of times so I don't think his communication skills would be rubbing off with our boys to well. Imo.
Ive met him & surfed with him ,seems a top bloke..

Yeah, he can explain the game but does he do the same with our halves?

Both halves looked clueless against souffs and I expect better from the two multi-million dollar men.

The fact Fozzy is leaving doesn't reflect on Joeys coaching imo. Think about it. He's been tutored by him for years now, has soaked up a lot of his knowledge and tips. Foz probably believes he has learned a lot and can get by without Joeys one on one coaching from now on. Eventually you get to a point where the training wheels come off and you ride solo (esp. if 5mil is being offered)

The fact Fozzy is leaving doesn't reflect on Joeys coaching imo. Think about it. He's been tutored by him for years now, has soaked up a lot of his knowledge and tips. Foz probably believes he has learned a lot and can get by without Joeys one on one coaching from now on. Eventually you get to a point where the training wheels come off and you ride solo (esp. if 5mil is being offered)

If he's being coached that well why does Foran think arfur will improve his abilities, surely Johns would have better knowledge than BA.

Barrett will have the final say on if Joey stays in a coaching role, after all he will be our coach next year.

I wonder how many of the coaching staff Barret and Bozo will keep?

If he's being coached that well why does Foran think arfur will improve his abilities, surely Johns would have better knowledge than BA.
Of course he has better league knowledge than Arthur.
Im just taking a wild guess here, but perhaps Fozzy might have seen Parra were offering ridiculous money, then made up the 'i'm going there for Arthur's coaching' line after the decision had already been made in his head. That said, he may enjoy being coached by Arthur also. And as Daddycool said, its more Toovs coaching Foran insulted, not Joeys.
If someone offers you enough money you can always find a way to justify doing it

I think the question around Joey (and everyone) needs to be asked. All positions in the club need to be accountable and are they achieving what they set out to do?

I know zero of the inner sanctum at the club, but I would have thought Joey would be a big draw for the halves. The media talk was that he was on the nose though with the Stewart faction because he said they needed to go all out to keep the halves (again just what I heard in the media, but the annoying thing to me is that included Foran, so for the faction Foran is meant to be in to be annoyed about it is a bit rich).

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4