Is it possible with no Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is no doubt losing snake is going to hamper our chances tonight. I understand why though, we would need him for the elimation final much more than this game.

All is not lost, Hiku will do a good job and we get Jorge back on the wing which gives us go forward from the back.

Tonights game due to the conditions will be less expansive than a normal game, I think it will come down to ball control and discipline, the chooks are very strong defensively and Manly will need to what the guppies did a few weeks back, just grind up the middle and kick and chase well.

Roosters have beat us twice this year and both times they have not even been full strength, i think people are under estimating just how well they played against Souths last week. I feel we NEED to be full strength and that includes a fit and firing Snake. Anything can happen so im not ruling out a win entirely bu it is going to be much harder without him.

I remember when Jax24 joined the forum and praised his nephew Peta Hiku.

I believe Snake is the best club fullback going around so cannot just replace him. If I was Jax24 I would be so proud of Peta .. everything he has done .. thrown in and does a job. We are pretty lucky to have such a player and I expect an even brighter future from him.

If Snake in doubt have faith in a very good fit player.

We have the fire-power in attack, with or without Snake. It's just the last line of defence that Snake gives, Hiku cannot replace. Snake rarely misses a one-on-one tackle as the last man back there.

His brilliance in attack & steadfastness in defence will be missed. The other boys will lift to steady the ship.

However, if we happen to lose this one, a fit Snake can increase our power in the second week of the Final series, where he will be fitter.

It's not the end of 2013 this Saturday. We do get another go but this one we will need the Snake!

I don't mean to be disrespectful guys but i'm running out of patience with snakes injuries.26 rounds played & that will all be for nothing if Brett's out the next 2 games.

Snake's inclusions in those games helped get us to where we are now though Pontian. I know where you're coming from, but we aren't the Brett Stewart Sea Eagles. We just have to deal with injuries and perform as best we can.

If our halves step up then there is a good chance we can best the chooks.

I really think Hiku will need to practice his wrap around plays to create some overlaps.

The chooks are the worst for getting back-to-back sets all season and defensively we are still strong with Hiku.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I don't mean to be disrespectful guys but i'm running out of patience with snakes injuries.26 rounds played & that will all be for nothing if Brett's out the next 2 games.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but Manly would not have made the top 4 without him.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I don't mean to be disrespectful but i'm running out of patience with Manly supporters that dont have any patience

A lot of people don't believe me, but I had a job once artificially inseminating cows. Straight up, no bull.

Gutted if Snake's definitely out...but I love Hiku's confident/competitive attitude, he seems to play a similar style to Stevie and Jorge. At least we have a replacement who won't back down and we can be assured he'll leave nothing in the tank.
My biggest concern is confusion in our ingoal when Maloney puts up those 5th tackle bombs.

Andrew.. said:
Gutted if Snake's definitely out...but I love Hiku's confident/competitive attitude, he seems to play a similar style to Stevie and Jorge. At least we have a replacement who won't back down and we can be assured he'll leave nothing in the tank.
My biggest concern is confusion in our ingoal when Maloney puts up those 5th tackle bombs.

Have faith Andrew, it's a "team" effort

Mark from Brisbane said:
Andrew.. said:

Mark we are going to need every bit of my pessimism and you back out in the outback for the boys to pull this one off tonight. So start driving while I start writing us off :D:p

Mark from Brisbane said:
Andrew.. said:

Totally agree Mark...bodies in motion to protect the player catching the ball.
We have one helluva tough talented team who thrive on adversity...I'm not even contemplating a loss.

Screw political correctness....let's get out there and smash the **** out them !

My mum just pointed out to me the article on the back page of The Manly Daily today saying that Snake is set to miss tonight's game. Makes you wonder.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6