Is It Me Or Is Trent Barrett Rubish At Picking The Line-Ups?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Quirkster

The People's Champion
I cannot understand his decisions. Lewis Brown in the centres? He looks lost. He doesn't seem to be able to defend very well out there. Wright coming off the bench? Tom Symonds leaving? Continuously picking Walker at 5/8th rather than switching him with Lyon to the centres? Tom Trbojevic wouldn't be bad at 5/8th either, but he is understandably needed out in the backs. I'm sorry if it's just me, but I just needed to vent. And even this rant doesn't make me feel better.

Injuries have raped him.

I feel for the bloke. He has been thrown in at the deep end.

BUT, he is either Fulton's patsy and coaching a team he does not pick, or he is picking the team and making crazy choices.

Either way, I am not seeing ANY starch in defence or pride in the jersey. That sits at Barrett's fèet.

I layed of passing judgement on him for a long time. But that Gold Coast efforr was it for me.

Seems like a nice bloke. But it is not working, clearly.

Man, it is not a good look when you try to call someone else "rubbish" but you bugger it up. I feel "rubish" now.

We've been savaged by injuries, but there have been some decisions he's made that stagger me. When I heard Tom Symonds had left my head literally exploded.

Of course, one can debate whether the injuries are due to poor fitness drills and training, or whether they are just a freak happenstance.

I'm just lost as to how our rampaging team has dropped in the last two years. And yes, this is a massive tantrum, but I am so distressed at our form.

Man, it is not a good look when you try to call someone else "rubbish" but you bugger it up. I feel "rubish" now.

We've been savaged by injuries, but there have been some decisions he's made that stagger me. When I heard Tom Symonds had left my head literally exploded.

Of course, one can debate whether the injuries are due to poor fitness drills and training, or whether they are just a freak happenstance.

I'm just lost as to how our rampaging team has dropped in the last two years. And yes, this is a massive tantrum, but I am so distressed at our form.
But the excuses about injuries that they are using, just my opinion, are bs because we had the same amount last year with a far less impressive roster. This year we bought 4 internationals off the top of my head. And we played like sh*t in rounds 1&2 when we did have a decent looking side. Compare the two teams and give me last year's even with Hassan.
But especially with Tooves.

I don't rate the argument about last years 'weaker' roster etc.
That side had less new signings, had Stewart, Lyon and Mattai playing with more recognisable form, cohesion..

I don't know where Tooves would position this team on the ladder. Just to re-iterate 'the improved roster people speak of was supposed to be Nate Myles, Lewis Brown, Walker as a late pick up for the halves, Marty as a late pick up to just add some starch anywhere in the pack..

Sounds like no love and respect for Tooves but it's all still there!

I miss Donny

In other news apparently Blake Green is coming to Manly next year for 2 years according to a guy from work that really has been good mates with him since school

:rightmagnify:

Last edited:
I don't rate the argument about last years 'weaker' roster etc.
That side had less new signings, had Stewart, Lyon and Mattai playing with more recognisable form, cohesion..

I don't know where Tooves would position this team on the ladder. Just to re-iterate 'the improved roster people speak of was supposed to be Nate Myles, Lewis Brown, Walker as a late pick up for the halves, Marty as a late pick up to just add some starch anywhere in the pack..

Sounds like no love and respect for Tooves but it's all still there!

I miss Donny

In other news apparently Blake Green is coming to Manly next year for 2 years according to a guy from work that really has been good mates with him since school

:rightmagnify:
Myles and Taupau have been really disappointing as has Lewis brown. Taupau I'm happy to have him stay in the pack he just needs someone feeding him the ball. Brown and Myles need to go. We should replace Myles with JWH so we will have a real pack leader

When I heard Tom Symonds had left my head literally exploded.

literally1.jpg

Myles and Taupau have been really disappointing as has Lewis brown. Taupau I'm happy to have him stay in the pack he just needs someone feeding him the ball. Brown and Myles need to go. We should replace Myles with JWH so we will have a real pack leader

Great idea Turbo, give JWH a call and tell him you have a spot for him.

Buggered if I can fiqure out why Bozo doesn't do it.

Its not like the passes just aren't sticking or the timing is a little off. We are half way through 2016 and nobody has any idea what the other players are doing. Coaching must be a big part of our problem, Barrett needs to grow a pair and be his own man and make some bold decisions like dropping out of form ledgends, even if he has to play an U20.

I'd love it, although admittedly I'd be knackered after about 10 to 15 seconds.

But in those 15 seconds, man, I'd be brilliant. Well, not brilliant: I'd be lying if I said that. But I'd do more work in that time than Watmough has after 1 1/2 years at Parra.

I'd love it, although admittedly I'd be knackered after about 10 to 15 seconds.

But in those 15 seconds, man, I'd be brilliant. Well, not brilliant: I'd be lying if I said that. But I'd do more work in that time than Watmough has after 1 1/2 years at Parra.

Sounds like you'll fit right in haha, same self belief as the 1st grade roster!
Do you go to the same sports psychologist? ;)@:blush:

Barrett is such a beginner. Look at his comments in SMH about D Walker and how he has acquired some good habits from SOO. This is partially confessing that Walker wont learn any good habits from him (TB). It speaks to a lack of authority over the players. They don't respect him, what did he ever achieve as a player? What as a coach ? We are sunk for this year, and unless the Penns & Bozo admit their mistake, then we are sunk for next year also.

Last edited:

I still maintain that we haven't even come close to using Martin Taupau to his strengths. IMO he's a front rower who is being used in the 2nd row because he is the closest forward we have to an explosive runner. With DCE and Killer in the halves at least we have half a chance of seeing more from him. Although in saying that, when he hasn't been suspended he has regularly been one of our top tacklers and yardage gainers. We're best off using him in the front row where he can rotate on the bench because playing him for 80 minutes out wide is a waste.

Myles hasn't been all that bad other than his missed tackle count. I think the fact that he's seen as a plodder means people think we bought a dud. But when you look at his club form over the past 5-6 years.....did anyone really expect any different from him? He's a 30 year old front rower who's been through the wars.

Brown has been the teams "Mr Fix it" really, used in the back row, centres and as a back up hooker. The problem is that he's not someone who should be starting in any of those positions and should be a utility playing from the bench. For a Kiwi test player he really does have defensive issues. In a way he's kind of a poor mans Jamie Buhrer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6