Is it just me or

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you also sick of the "Robbie has a sick mum" story. It is not front page news, it is not news. It is sad that she is sick, and unfortunately will likely succumb to this awful disease, but please let's not make a hero out of the guy. I get it already, the guy loves his mum, most guys do. It is not news worthy.

A bit harsh mate, do you still have your Mum???

I don't and losing her was one of the saddest things in my life......it's not Farrah's fault the media have chosen to run with this...have some sympathy...who knows you might need it one day yourself!!

Having lost my mum to cancer when i was relatively young i see no drama in the story

If you read teh article's post match they were mainly about his family / their responses rather than him. As Mark put it not sure he could do much different

I imagine that Farah probably wouldn't like all the publicity surrounding his mums illness but you're right. It's not news because it's no ones business.

Mark from Brisbane said:

I don't and losing her was one of the saddest things in my life......it's not Farrah's fault the media have chosen to run with this...have some sympathy...who knows you might need it one day yourself!!

100% agree with you mark.
It sounds from everything in the papers that Robbie's mum
Isn't going to beat her cancer. Tbh after my own experience I have so much respect for robbie.

At the end of the day we all think things we shouldn't say, and definately not commit to the written word

Mark from Brisbane said:

Hi,

I was not intending to offend - I thought I had worded it delicately enough to show that, so apologies.

Seeing as you asked, the answer is no - I lost my mother to cancer, and nursed her to her last day. Also have had to identify my father after he died of a sudden heart attack while out running. So I am very well aware of the pain they must be enduring, and I have sympathy for them. My opinion that it is not news worthy though remains unchanged, if others enjoy reading this then I happily stand corrected.

Again I apologise as I did not intend to offend anyone

Cheers VFTH

I've lost a parent and wife. I'd rather not have it all over the papers. I feel sorry for them that they have no privacy at this time.

It's not just you. It's a situation that faces everyone sometime, and I don't think it is worthy of mass media news. It's an invasion of privacy and heart string tugging lazy journalism.

VFTH sent me a PM (which was nice but not needed really).

I think it's sad the media play on this....it's such a personal time for any family and the last thing they need is publicity.

There's a lot of us that have lost parents this way, and I know from my own personal experience I just wanted to go through it almost alone.

But certainly VFTH no personal offence taken, but thanks for the PM anyway good of you to send one!!

I have no issue with the articles.
I think it's only an issue if R Farah asked the press to leave him and his family in peace and they persisted to publish articles about his mums illness.

I agree shouldnt be in the papers at all.

Would not want that sort of info being posted across the nation.

Find it strange about these people who want to read about it.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
It's just you

eagle-rock08 said:
Yeah mate I agree - its just you

As per previous, I apologise if I offended. But frankly I am amazed that people like to read multiple articles about a persons suffering.

Maybe my original post was clumsy in its positioning of that thought, or maybe not.

Mark from Brisbane said:
VFTH sent me a PM (which was nice but not needed really).

I think it's sad the media play on this....it's such a personal time for any family and the last thing they need is publicity.

There's a lot of us that have lost parents this way, and I know from my own personal experience I just wanted to go through it almost alone.

But certainly VFTH no personal offence taken, but thanks for the PM anyway good of you to send one!!

Me too, VTFH was nice enough that he took the time to check that i was'nt offended. We all do stuff from time to time that can be perceived at insensitive to others but not everyone stands up afterward. Nice to see someone who did. Earned respect here

i lost my dad to cancer when i was 13 most of my memories was he taking me to brookie to see my heroes when my biggest hero was sitting next to me that was 36 years ago still the worst day of my life.

moffy said:
i lost my dad to cancer when i was 13 most of my memories was he taking me to brookie to see my heroes when my biggest hero was sitting next to me that was 36 years ago still the worst day of my life.
Similar to me mate, but I was 20, and it was 20 years ago. It gives me great pleasure to sit in the same spot with my kids at games.

I didn't read the article on purpose, if Robbie wanted me to know about his situation I'm sure he could have made us all aware. I simpathise with the family absolutely but don't think it should be a news article.

moffy said:

Well said Moffy, I still tear up thinking of my Dad and it's been 26 years. He was and still is my hero.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4