Is it just me or........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Is the way the game is being run right now just a debacle

I've followed the game since the early 80's and I've never seen it in so much flux with regards to rules, rule interpretations, handling of salaries, signings, club identity etc etc etc. Its doing my head in.

I wonder if Gallop is trying to destroy the game so it merges with rugby or something. All of a sudden you have teams playing out of generic stadiums with generic identities, players and coaches bouncing between clubs before while they are still at their previous clubs, and rules that are changing well...towards fugby. Examples include the no scrum, the never tacked rule, and the turning a plopping the ball out the back. All rugby style crap. Throw in the gravitation towards corporate boxed stadiums and elimination of suburban identity and there it is. Ripe for the pickings.

What they have done to the Bulldogs is a disgrace. The team lost all its stars, plays in a sterile stadium, and has no identity. I hate the Bulldogs like any Manly fan, but this could easily happen to us in future as it nearly did already. No wonder SBW left - why would he want to play amongst that?.

I'm no league scholar, but its plain as he big nose on my face that the guy is ruining the game.

Dunno mate...I'm really enjoying the footy. The media's making out it's poop, because that gives them rating...but cut all the rubbish back like Gasnier and Williams (who very rarely play these days anyway), and the product is still great.

The Souths / Warriors game and Sharks / Dragons games this week is testament to that mate.

If you take a look at next Friday night's game, crowd and atmosphere, I think you'll see things as they are.

If it weren't for the guys like Johns and co. making things sound worse than they really are, the whole thing would be sweet IMO.

I agree with you on this Ryan but what NYE says is also correct.  Gallop is just  the monkey with News Ltd/ch 9 the grinders and Gould and co are along for the dollar ride.  This insistence on playing out of ANZ is bewildering and it is leading to clubs losing their local connection.  I guess it was seen as a grab for corporate dollars.  dunno the answers but I'll be along on Friday night.     

NYEagle link said:
but this could easily happen to us in future as it nearly did already.

Not under the current owners, and if they're not there there's probably no Manly anyway.

Under the current ownership arrangements no CEO could make the NRL work the way it should. Gallop may have his faults, but it ain't his fault.

At the moment i'm happy manly's cashed up we're doing ok on the ladder i couldn't ask for more.NY eagle as for the bulldogs they were the cause of us having to merge with the bears as they were the first to jump across to super league i have no sympathy for them let them finish last.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6