1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is gallop doing a good job

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by jbb/james, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    On the telegraph site under the story NRL in spin about strategy, they have a poll running so readers can vote on gallop

I wouldn't be doing my civic duty if i didn't bring this to everyone attention

here is the link, As passionate fans of the game i presume you would want a chance to contribute

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/david-gallop-and-the-nrl-on-notice-to-take-action/story-e6frep5x-1226323216205

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    He isn't being seen on television talking crap and annoying me, so he must be doing something better

• Like Like x 3
  3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,547 / 32
    Oh yeah, great job, he's an absolute cracker. Now if someone could only convince him to enter politics ....It's time.... Gallop for PM...

• Like Like x 3
  4. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    You are a good man. Read, digested, contemplated, meditated then voted with the 60% of wise souls, I suggest the 40% are the benefactors of his inadequacies - Broncos supporters

• Like Like x 1
  5. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    He's not doing a bad job. The game seems well managed considering so many competing and conflicting interests, and challenges like competing codes etc.

But I think some people, like with the govt, just like to have a whine. If everything they do is not exactly approved by them then they are, entirely, rubbish.

Gallop does deserve some stick for the handling of the snake incident, but alls well that ended well. Gallop will have learned we hope. So I give him a pass. It must be a tough job.

6. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    That's your opinion and that's cool, but have you considered this

He seriously undersold the TV rights to the tune of hundreds of millions to his former employer

Has given the networks complete control with the draw and never questions them when they don't live up to there side of the draw, eg giving ch 9, 3 weeks instead of 5 to allocate games near finals

He failed to take up action against betting agencies fleecing the game costing The NRL up to 15 mill a year, when he was advised to do so.

All but 2 clubs make a loss under the guidelines and funding policies administered under his leadership

Scrapped the reserve grade competition depleting all clubs depth and quality of the competition, due to funding issues which he is directly responsible for

Had a TV deal which overlapped the deal with the clubs who actually provide the product,

The NRL and the clubs are a partnership but very rarely does it appear that way

Has lost the confidence of nearly all clubs

Didn't man up to Melbourne after stripping there comps, with the brookie brawl the first time he saw melb live after doing so

Never oversaw the return of the NRL trophies by melb, at one stage they were lost, have they evre been returned, who knows

Allowed News ltd to do their own independent audit of the melb scandal, which allows them to take action as they see fit and release the information as they see fit as to not implicate New ltd that is

Since receiving the audit , nothing has been done

As news ltd also owned broncos , an audit should have been ordered against them as well, but never was

Mate i could go on and on as i do and do, over and over but while he is a calm speaker, who chooses his words wisely , he is a lawyer, they all do. The game is in financial peril and he is the man responsible for the games financial health

7. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I think he does a great job..... Of ruining the game.

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Weev, the man was originally the in-house lawyer for News Ltd responsible for the super league contracts. He was then appointed by News Ltd to the CEO role as a part of the 'peace agreement between News and Packer. No search for a more suitable candidate was attempted. Now he has a four year deal, again negotiated by News Ltd as a condition for them to exit the game. Again no other suitable candidates were pursued. Why the protection if he's the most suitable candidate for this job? Surely the game should advertise and interview other candidates. Not done. Gallop is given a free ride on his 700K horse. Imo he's done very little for the game and missed many opportunities to progress it.

9. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    I would never judge a man's business acumen based on my opinion of him as a person, fortunately on this occasion they both go hand in hand.

A fish stink's from the head down.!

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    That would want to be a very big tree that stick. Dont know how you could possibly say that it ended well. For who ? Not Brett Stewart thats for sure.

I might have accepted that i cant change the situation but I wont forget it either. Gallops conduct was unconscionable.

11. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    My main objection to Gallop is that he is NOT a front man (no, I'm not suggesting he's a backdoorer). He just is not the right person to be the face and voice of the most dynamic sport in Australia.
    He is dull, and more suited to the funeral industry. I call him 'The Undertaker'.
    He may be good in an advisory/technical role, but let's have someone with some spark doing the media interviews and looking and sounding like they are enthusiastic about our sport.

12. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,080 / 38
    Has never articulated a vision or a strategy for taking the game forward.

13. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Maybe it will help if I list his achievements as NRL CEO:

14. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Does a better job then Ben Buckley from FFA

15. DYEagle

DYEagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 4
    Gallop is absolutely useless!

• Like Like x 1
  16. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    802 votes say he is doing a good job.

Can his mum vote that many times.

17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    No she cant. But Rupert Murdoch can.

18. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    IS DAVID GALLOP DOING A GOOD JOB AS NRL CEO?
    Yes
    41.23%(949 votes)
    No
    58.77%(1353 votes)
    Total votes: 2302

19. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I would not have a clue if he is doing a good job or not. There definitely seems to be some issues but I don't know the politics in play or road blocks he could come up against. The game has improved in the last 10 years, has it improved as much as it should of? Probably not. If he can get good dollars on the next tv deal it will be a good start to is new contract.

20. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    1000 people is a legitimate sample size.........seems the people have spoken