Is Gallen a solution??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Scipione is right. Ice is a serious problem even amongst silvertails if anyone thinks that the soon to be 34 year old Gallen is the solution :giggle:

Will be close to player of the series again in SOO in 2015 - the toughest footy arena in the world - obviously a few ppl on here are soccer fans just passing the time....how old were Menzies/Price & Civenoceva....37- 38 - if you are playing at a level good enough to lead your state & dominate there - just maybe you can help an NRL club???
Any 1 player will only partially fix the problems , another part being devalued is the quality juniors currently in the system who will make impact in the next 2 years.
Age is not the issue when it comes to quality leaders who are scarce....expected more abuse about Gallens character ect - his playing ability will not be questioned by anyone who understands the fundamentals of a tough, competitive rugby league player

Will be close to player of the series again in SOO in 2015 - the toughest footy arena in the world - obviously a few ppl on here are soccer fans just passing the time....how old were Menzies/Price & Civenoceva....37- 38 - if you are playing at a level good enough to lead your state & dominate there - just maybe you can help an NRL club???
Any 1 player will only partially fix the problems , another part being devalued is the quality juniors currently in the system who will make impact in the next 2 years.
Age is not the issue when it comes to quality leaders who are scarce....expected more abuse about Gallens character ect - his playing ability will not be questioned by anyone who understands the fundamentals of a tough, competitive rugby league player
TERRIFIC we can be like Cronulla and have an inspirational origin forward. But heres a stat that may shock you. Gallen only played 9 games for Cronulla last year. No wonder they're jack of him

he hasn't played more than 16 games since 2011

TERRIFIC we can be like Cronulla and have an inspirational origin forward. But heres a stat that may shock you. Gallen only played 9 games for Cronulla last year. No wonder they're jack of him

And he's an inspirational leader whose SOO record as captain is how many series wins again???

Be like Cronulla because 1 player signs with Manly....great point.....also agree an inspirational leader yet we dont want that - how stupid to suggest we need more inspiration....Heres an amazing shocking stat that may stun you - Ben Kennedy was constantly injured previously to joining Manly & made a slight difference its fair to say....now THATS sarcasm

Be like Cronulla because 1 player signs with Manly....great point.....also agree an inspirational leader yet we dont want that - how stupid to suggest we need more inspiration....Heres an amazing shocking stat that may stun you - Ben Kennedy was constantly injured previously to joining Manly & made a slight difference its fair to say....now THATS sarcasm
Did you actually read my post? I said hes an inspirational origin forward did I say anywhere he was an inspirational club forward? No. that's my problem with him. hes put in for origin but I care more about my club. The year before he came to us BK played 16 games. That's a few more than Gallens 9. He was also 31 when he left the knights not 34. Worlds apart in my view.

Did you actually read my post? I said hes an inspirational origin forward did I say anywhere he was an inspirational club forward? No. that's my problem with him. hes put in for origin but I care more about my club. The year before he came to us BK played 16 games. That's a few more than Gallens 9. He was also 31 when he left the knights not 34. Worlds apart in my view.
If your an inspirational origin leader against the best players in the world & in the toughest arena in the world its fair to believe you can lead a club side & Gallen is the type who will give his all if he was to run out for the Engadine Dragons - determination is in his blood & it has slowly but surely been draining from the Manly culture in recent times.
I must confess - its hardly the ideal solution & as I stated earlier 100% prefer him to timewarp back to 24yo....problem is - these players are rare & to fight back to the edge we have gained over the past decade - its players of this attitude that players feed off - just quietly I think a youngster we have already in Jake will be THAT player in time.

If your an inspirational origin leader against the best players in the world & in the toughest arena in the world its fair to believe you can lead a club side & Gallen is the type who will give his all if he was to run out for the Engadine Dragons - determination is in his blood & it has slowly but surely been draining from the Manly culture in recent times.
I must confess - its hardly the ideal solution & as I stated earlier 100% prefer him to timewarp back to 24yo....problem is - these players are rare & to fight back to the edge we have gained over the past decade - its players of this attitude that players feed off - just quietly I think a youngster we have already in Jake will be THAT player in time.
The big problem I see with gallen is that he tries to do too much. He takes the ball away from halves and IMO they operate as less of a team when he's there because there is less shared responsibility.
2009: with gallen 12.5% win percentage, overall win 20.8%
2010: with gallen 30.43% win percentage, overall win 29.12%
2011: with gallen 30.00% win percentage, overall win 29.12%
2012: with gallen 50% win percentage, overall win 52%
2013: with gallen 50% win percentage, overall win 58.33%
2014: with gallen 22.22% win percentage, overall win 26.3%

The stats would suggest Cronulla play better without gallen than with him.

The big problem I see with gallen is that he tries to do too much. He takes the ball away from halves and IMO they operate as less of a team when he's there because there is less shared responsibility.
2009: with gallen 12.5% win percentage, overall win 20.8%
2010: with gallen 30.43% win percentage, overall win 29.12%
2011: with gallen 30.00% win percentage, overall win 29.12%
2012: with gallen 50% win percentage, overall win 52%
2013: with gallen 50% win percentage, overall win 58.33%
2014: with gallen 22.22% win percentage, overall win 26.3%

The stats would suggest Cronulla play better without gallen than with him.

I watch most games on Fox, obviously the adrenalin drops when Manly is not involved.
Almost every game Cronulla plays - win, lose or draw he is up with the best on the field making 150 plus metres, offloads & some damaging tackles (often borderline)
But most importantly he always rips in & intimidates....effort equally good if winning or losing by 30.
I differ in opinion with his strengths, as he generally wins most contacts & his metres gained shows most carries are 10 metres , often with an offload at the back of it - ideal for halves & dummy halves to play off.....prob is Sharks halves are crap & dont capitilise on this.
True - he does try to do too much & is so ultra competitive also does some stupid stuff, but always have prefered a player making a mistake this way than not giving a rats or simply not in the game.
Realistically not much chance of getting Gallen to Manly anyways, but feel this type of leader would be a big part of the missing in recent times.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6