Is Des the Rep Jumper wrecker- good for us though!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Something I have thought about and now its happening!!!
Good for us having full squad though, but danger of top players not coming here in the future ala carney, tupou etc

Kite: deemed by some to be good 4 australia but not state of Origin
Lyon: from Aust rep lost it, state of origin not even close
Orford: australian rep?? I think, no origin and now ranked behind 6-7 halfbacks including brett finch lol
Stewart: incumbent Australian fullback and lost jumper straight away
Watmough: origin forward, bench for aussie team and not in the frame work for rep positions as behind hoffman, never seemed to recover from poor Grnad final performance
Steve Bell: gone from gun origin centre to average centre in 2 seasons.
Perry: could not even make city country team!!!

I'm bit blown away how our club has been shunned for rep duty, yet again, good for us winning though!!!

How can Storm have 8 origin players and stay in the salary cap and we have 1!!!!

I don't think Des can take the credit for this one.

Kite - Size needed against the big Kiwi pack, Bellamy influence saw him miss out
Lyon - would have been on the verge and imo would have been picked if he played City Country
Orford - Leading the Daly M's, again Bellamy influence
Stewart - Coming back from injury, Slater in career best form
Watmough - injured
Bell - never the same since head clash with Menzies, would you pick him over Inglis, Folau
Perry - payback for a few years of sub standard form

Not at all

B.Stewart- Didn't have a rep jumper before Des
Watmough- Made Origin for 1st time
Menzies- Regained Origin spot
King- 1st City jumper
G.Stewart- 1st Country jumper
Bell- Made Origin for 1st time
Matai- International

Watmough was in pretty good form at the start of the year, i wouldn't say he  hasn't recovered.

Lyon is starting to regain his form, and i reckon he is better then Cooper.

Kite, well his form was pretty slow at the start of the year, but how can you blame that on the coach?

good replies guys!! The Carney, Tupou situations made me think this!! Looking at what you have replied with, it seemed the money we offered wasn't enough but looking at your replies maybe I didn't see the bigger picture. The Glenn Stewarts and Jason kings plus mattai is impressive. 

Darren link said:
How can Storm have 8 origin players and stay in the salary cap and we have 1!!!!

The NSW team has been hand picked by Bellamy, it has his signature all over it. He will live or die by the result and will have know one to blame but himself.

Neither Orford or Kite made an impression in the last 2 games in which they played against Melbourne and therein lies their demise. Bell was playing really well until Beaver smashed his face and sadly his form has never returned. As for Perry his form this year has been very good in my opinion, if only he didn't give away those dumb penalties!

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=177497.msg184592#msg184592 date=1210979438]

The NSW team has been hand picked by Bellamy, it has his signature all over it. He will live or die by the result and will have know one to blame but himself.

Neither Orford or Kite made an impression in the last 2 games in which they played against Melbourne and therein lies their demise. Bell was playing really well until Beaver smashed his face and sadly his form has never returned. As for Perry his form this year has been very good in my opinion, if only he didn't give away those dumb penalties!
[/quote]

Jezuz - would everybody just lay off Bell. His last 3 games straight have been fantastic (as good as when he came here). I hope he -re-signs, and Lyon keeps improving like he has over the past fortnight.

Bell is a gun. Nuff said.

Yeah I was sick of Bell running sideways but he seems to be going a lot better in the last few games. I'm warming to Lyon at 5/8 as well, I think his poor form was what made him look so bad, now that he's picking up a bit he looks dangerous no matter where he is on the park. I was surprised he wasn't picked for Origin, but I really get the impression Bellamy hates us. Call me crazy but I get the feeling he doesn't want to give our players rep honours.

As for Melbourne being over the cap, they are over the cap every fecking year! How they can whine about match payments to lower graders and incentives to others is disgraceful. Look at Saints a couple of years ago when half their players carked it for most of the year, now that's a genuine problem but the NRL didn't care.

And I hope Queensland win 3-0. I love seeing Bellamy do his nut. I loooaaaathe him!

I reckon the other side of this is that Des must be a genius of a coach if Manly can be second last year and looking good this year with only one player of Rep standard.

It is a joke that Kite missed out. Slater does some flashy things outside a dominant backline but who would you rather have when the going is tough against a rampant opposition?? Stewart over Slater for mine any time.

I think the influence of certain commentators is having too much influence.

It is all Dessies fault, haha.  Seriously Darren what is your agenda against Des?  A few weeks back it was that our players go backward under him, now this.  The same thing but with a different spin.

you are right Garts, I am on a bit negative 1 sided track, just noticed the loss of rep jerseys and wondered why, we use to have orford, kite, bell, menzies, bell, lyon etc, its great for us though, and Manly on the weekend were great to watch, so well done des!!!

I will let it go after this, promise  ;)

Canteen Worker link said:
I think the influence of certain commentators is having too much influence.

The above is true.

Quite often its such a perceptional thing with rep relection & from what club that player is chosen from. Manly had a slow start (quite deliberate I think) to this season and there was a palpable view by all & sundry out there that we were a team going to be on the slide this year.

In any case, it shouldnt be a negative factor for a potential new signing. Making last years GF and moving on our way to it again this year would have to be a positive weighty factor for any player.

Darren link said:

News Ltd.

I am almost positive that Origin players require a minimum of 250k a year and aussie reps 300k a year.

Look at the Broncos

Hunt - Aussie Rep 300k minimum
Hodges - Aussie Rep 300k minimum (signed for 600k a year last resign)
Lockyer - Aussie Rep + Captain (about 650k a year)
Wallace - Now Origin rep - 250k minimum.
Clinton - Aussie Rep - 300k Minimum
Thaiday - Aussie Rep 300k minimum
Carroll - Aussie Rep 300k Minimum
Parker - Origin Rep 250k minimum
Eastwood - NZ rep 300k minimum

and Melbourne

Slater - Ausse rep 300k minimum
Falou - Aussie rep 300k minimum
Quinn - Origin rep 250k minimum
Inglis - Aussie rep 300k minimum
Cronk - Aussie Rep 300k minimum
Johnson - Origin rep 250k minimum
Crocker - Aussie Rep 300k minimum
Hoffman - Aussie rep 300k minimum
J. Smith - NZ rep 300k minimum
Blair - NZ rep 300k minimum
C.Smith - Aussie rep 300k minimum
White - Origin 250k minimum.
Kaufusi - Origin rep 250k minimum.

Try and tell me these two mobs are doing dodgy deals to stay under cap.

some of your figures would be way out Nutz, dont forget a lot of these goobers made those rep teams while they were on a lot less, Quinn, Crocker, Cronk etc would have signed for lower and then made the teams, their NEXT contract will be the big one, thats why they cant keep Falou.

Just because they are origin players now doesnt mean they were when they signed. yeah there would be incentives but not up to that level.

Thats not to say they arent rorting. I suspect they are as well.

I don't care how many rep careers Des ruins if it gets us a premiership.

I would suggest the Strom must have some creative accountants working for them or Mick Gatto types are providing brown paper bags to the players at training after every win.

looks like brett stewart is now history, if bellamy stays,

a total team who made last years gf and coming first in 2008,

seriously, this is  a big worry for future signings, you may go bull but our guys cannot get a look in!!!

kite, watmough, orford (leading the dally m's) bell, glenn stewart, perry, king,

Tuopo wasn't stupid, he went with Stuart becauuse he is aussie coach

Kite was unlucky, not so much Watmough and we all know Orford wouldn't get a look in wherever he was

Darren link said:
looks like brett stewart is now history, if bellamy stays,

a total team who made last years gf and coming first in 2008,

seriously, this is  a big worry for future signings, you may go bull but our guys cannot get a look in!!!

kite, watmough, orford (leading the dally m's) bell, glenn stewart, perry, king,

Tuopo wasn't stupid, he went with Stuart becauuse he is aussie coach

It might all change if Bellamy goe but I reckon as long as we are consistanly in the Top 4 we wont have issues signing players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7