Is Baz really the dead man walking?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I say give the poor bastard a chance. He's had injuries up the wazoo and half a new squad this year. Im very optimistic that given another full offseason, good luck with injuries and the squad gelling even more we'll have a much better year next year. Let him work up to a title. Thats the problem with todays society, everyone wants instant succes and arent willing to work up to it.i'd be happy with a title every 4-5 years rather than contant turmoil and a different coach every year or so AND no success for 30years like doesntmatta

Blake was no mistake . Why ? Here are the facts !
Blake was our half back in our 2 grand final losses in 1982 and 1983 so you cant say Bozo didn't give him the opportunity to shine but under the grand final pressure Blake did not perform and was targeted in defence .
This is why Bozo decided to go for the ruthless Hasler and he was vindicated with a grand final win .
We will agree to disagree :)

I actually remember reading in Fatty's biography that at one point in 1986 (might have been 1985), Blake broke his arm in a game and was hiding out on the wing. At half time of the game Bozo gave him a big spray for his lack of defence and when Blakey told him his arm was broken Bozo apparently said something along the lines of "I don't give a $hit"

Also, when it comes down to it losing Blake prompted Bozo to move Cliffy from lock to 5/8 and we know how that worked out. Cliffy went on to be one of the all time great pivots and arguably our best ever #6.

Look, not everyone is going to agree with what Bozo is currently doing at Manly. But for better or worse its happening and only time will tell whether he's vindicated or not.

Last edited:
The Immortal is written in the history books and he is what he is and he does not have to prove anything to anyone . You can publish your own version on league greats and believe what you like .
Have a great day and Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
View attachment 4392

No question he was a great player, the best Manly have had, and a top coach as well. And he is loyal to the Sea Eagles. Any criticism does not take away from those facts

I'll admit I have questioned Bozo's decisions lately. I have wondered if at the age of 68 the game has passed him by. But at the same time I find myself thinking that he has been at the top of his profession for 50 or so years as a player, coach and selector and he would have learned a thing or two about player talent in his time.

at the same time I find myself thinking that he has been at the top of his profession for 50 or so years as a player, coach and selector and he would have learned a thing or two about player talent in his time.
Fulton's blueprint for success involves big intimidating forwards. Not a bad starting point.

Fulton's blueprint for success involves big intimidating forwards. Not a bad starting point.

Its why I wish we had someone like Jason Taumalolo (among other things it would allow Jake to move back to the front row where I think he's better suited). We do actually have a forward like that in Marty Taupau. He just needs a lot more consistency and controlled aggression in his game.

It is a good starting point. Nate Myles wasn't.

The game has also changed a lot, mobility and endurance are a lot more crucial with the importance of ruck speed and control and less interchanges.

I thought we were starting to look fairly solid in the forwards for next year, maybe I need to reassess.

Noting the thread title:

why not rename the sideline at Brookvale, or even the practice fields at the Centre of Mediocrity at Narrabeen, the 'Green Mile.'

No question he was a great player, the best Manly have had, and a top coach as well. And he is loyal to the Sea Eagles. Any criticism does not take away from those facts
Bring on 2017 and we will see if any criticism is warranted .

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
I actually remember reading in Fatty's biography that at one point in 1986 (might have been 1985), Blake broke his arm in a game and was hiding out on the wing. At half time of the game Bozo gave him a big spray for his lack of defence and when Blakey told him his arm was broken Bozo apparently said something along the lines of "I don't give a $hit"

Also, when it comes down to it losing Blake prompted Bozo to move Cliffy from lock to 5/8 and we know how that worked out. Cliffy went on to be one of the all time great pivots and arguably our best ever #6.

Look, not everyone is going to agree with what Bozo is currently doing at Manly. But for better or worse its happening and only time will tell whether he's vindicated or not.

Fatty's book writes one thing but have you ever considered that unless you hear Bozos story their might be a totally different story ? I Have heard from people that know him that Fatty is full of sht but I am not going to take that as gospel as I have never met the guy .
I agree with you that next season time will tell if our new recruits and other decisions made by Bozo are the right ones .

There is no such thing as perfection my friend, except in one's imaginings.
There is such thing as success and failure through and those are facts they are not imaginary . In 2017 all will be revealed .

Fatty's book writes one thing but have you ever considered that unless you hear Bozos story their might be a totally different story ? I Have heard from people that know him that Fatty is full of sht but I am not going to take that as gospel as I have never met the guy .
I agree with you that next season time will tell if our new recruits and other decisions made by Bozo are the right ones .

Opinions are like a box of mixed chocolates, to use a Forrest Gump line. You just dont know what you're going to get. For example a mate of mine served in the same squad in the Army as Fulton as a conscript. He considered him an idiot. Doesnt mean he's right though and he's not a Manly supporter. Everyone has their own perspective and Fulton's would be just as different. We all see things only from our own perspective. Reality is a different concept.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2