Is Ballin the man?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another point that relates back to injury and prevention as part of our training regimen - pretty sure Matt Ballin broke a record for the most consecutive games for the club, and managed to avoid serious injury until he was into his thirties. It does indeed speak well of his ability to care for himself off the field! Especially considering he was one of the toughest ruck defenders you'll ever see, and all at 93kg. Definitely a good call Woodsie.

Woodsie as usual you think beyond the borders. Yes you have a great idea there. Ballin has been a fitness coach for ages and having had a career as a rugby league player, he knows more than most trainers what is needed, where the dangers are, what works in maintaining stamina and avoiding injury on the football field.

An excellent idea and one I would suggest you send to the football club. I'm pretty sure Ballin would jump at the opportunity.

Not sure Bear but think Ballin is still signed to play2017, and have absolutely no idea what he wants to do post playing.

For all we know he may want to return to QLD and breed cane toads.

But would like someone at manly to chat with him.

Well ahead of us that's for sure!! Apart from probably keeping the aging superstars a year longer than we should have, our biggest issue in 2015/16 has been injuries , and in each of those years ( I think we shared with the Panthers last year) we were the worst affected club. AND, people want to blame the coaches ( 2V or Twenty).........Grrrrrrrrr!!!
I have never doubted that Injuries have been a huge factor and I was livid when Tooves was not afforded that excuse. Barrett has had a similar injury toll however a lot of our problems this year were due to trying Walker at 5/8 for so long and putting too much faith in inexperienced reserve graders like Nathan Green when we already had 2nd rowers like Leary who apart from a few odd mistakes this year had played quite well in the past. Happy to say the boys have looked a little more settled in recent games and have some resemblance of a structure soI am happy to put my bagging of Baz on hold. Lets face it the whole year has been **** from game one, and buys like Walker and at times Myles have been less than inspiring. Hopefully some astute purchases, a good off season and a fit Matai and Snake will see a huge improvement next season Ballin groomed as a Strength and Conditioning coach with us would be an amazing idea.

Last edited:
A thought that keeps recurring in my simple mind is,

Would Matt Ballin be worthwhile grooming as our strength and conditioning coach?

He is an experienced personal trainer and has worked under Singe and others for over a decade as a player, and was one of the fittest and most durable footballers to play the game.

I am sure his current qualifications and experience wouldn't require too much addition to make him a leading candidate.

And he may be a QLDer, but he is MANLY!
I always saw Matt Ballin as a future coach at our club.

Would Matt Ballin be worthwhile grooming as our strength and conditioning coach?

He is an experienced personal trainer and has worked under Singe and others for over a decade as a player, and was one of the fittest and most durable footballers to play the game.

I am sure his current qualifications and experience wouldn't require too much addition to make him a leading candidate.

It is acceptable to quote yourself, when it is demonstrably manifest that you are a genius ....... a thread I started in 2016 .....

You all may now pay homage .......

Matt Ballin is our Man !!!

Yes Woodsie and will be announced on 16th sep 18.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6