Is anyone going to the Fan day?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Couldn't make it unfortunately, definetely a greay day for kids - is there any estimate of the number of fans that turned up?

I got there at 5.25pm to hear the announcer saying that the players had to leave in 10 minutes. They did hang around until just on 6.00pm. Why hold a fan day from 4.00 to 7.00pm when the players leave an hour earlier? Anyway, the players I did meet were terrific and under the pump from the queues of people. The most important aspect, as I said before, is making sure the kids were looked after and they all seemed really happy so the event was a success.

lozzy link said:
the manly boys AND fairy floss? damn this living in qld.

I hear ya!

Didn't know you were a Queensland resident too!

Pity Beaver's leaving.  When he came onto the ground little kids swamped him and there must have been fifty of the little guys and girls trailing him over to the table.  Wasn't really much for us 'older' fans but there was for the little ones.  Lovely to see kids all over the place wearing plenty of Manly stuff.  Just fun to hang out and wander across the field.  Tragic really.

One of the best things about the past five years is the way that young fans have started to follow the Sea Eagles again. For many years you could go into a school and not meet one Manly supporter. It is very different now, partly due to our success but also due to role models like Beaver.

This is important as it produces a generation of supporters that will be die-hards for many, many years to come.  Where I teach (in Western Sydney) there are Manly fans emerging everywhere and wherever you drive you see Manly jerseys!!

When Beaver was eventually persuaded to leave (After increasingly desperate announcements by Grant Goldman that the players get on the bus) Aaron Markie the membership manager had to stand in front of him and guide him through the crowds of people wanting to shake his hand, get him to sign more stuff or generally just "touch" him.

It was hilarious with Aaron shuffling forward (like a big shuffly thing) being careful not to step on littlies or knock people over and Steve hanging on to Aarons jacket so he didn't lose him.....

Oh also (for the lady forumites....) One of the other things I forgot to mention from the fan day (In my fairy floss induced haze) was the enthusiastic response that the Eagles Angels had on the opportunity to visit the Manly sheds and rub Brett Stewart down (Gold coin donation)

LOL, Wittyfan is still over at LU CW

Last comment i read from him had Witt playing in the WC based on his try last weekend haha

Canteen Worker link said:
One of the best things about the past five years is the way that young fans have started to follow the Sea Eagles again. For many years you could go into a school and not meet one Manly supporter. It is very different now, partly due to our success but also due to role models like Beaver.

This is important as it produces a generation of supporters that will be die-hards for many, many years to come.  Where I teach (in Western Sydney) there are Manly fans emerging everywhere and wherever you drive you see Manly jerseys!!

What school do you teach at?

Small Protestant Independent school between Blacktown and St Marys. Fortunately the Riff and Slime supporters have been shut up for the year!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7