1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone else worried?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DVS Matt, Jul 23, 2009.

1. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    When Brett Stewart returns is anyone else worried that his speed won't be the same?

We have missed his dynamic speed more than anything this year. I hope the knee injury hasn't slowed him down.

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I'm not worried at all. He might even be faster. He will certainly be more ruthless.

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Even if he dropped a touch of speed, he would still be quicker than most

4. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will take him a long time to get over this mentally, you dont just have knee surgery and go back to being 100%. That is my main concern, hopefully Brett will be back to his best before too long.

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I've heard he's suffering from clinical depression.

6. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He can only do the best he can as far as speed goes if he has lost some I'm sure he will get it back in time it wouldn't be easy to just slot straight back in after a operation like that.

7. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    It wouldn't surprise me dsm5 what he's been through.

8. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    he's taking the piss, how would he have any idea :)

9. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    It will be great to see him back at full flight, hopefully they don't rush it but he can add some spark to our attack epecially running off one of Choc's breaks.

10. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    the only thing that worries me is that brett might be convicted although i think he is innocent (not just cos im pro manly) and the fact that he tackled merrit to cause the injury

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I wonder whether Des will put him straight into 1sts when he comes back from injury or whether he gives him a run in the QLD Cup to see how he pulls up?

12. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I'm slightly worried.  He'll either throw himself at the opposition, or he could get that feeling of self preservation and protect his knee thus altering his game.

Nothing we can do but wait and see, it'll be good just to have him back.  Morale would pick up a lot that's for sure.

And i hope there's no conviction.  That's got me the most worried.

13. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    it is a worry.. but the excitement of seeing him wearing the no.1 jersey again will wipe that worry.

14. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I am a bit worried, not so much for his speed, but the mental side.

I really hope he can get through this year.

15. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    his speed is far from the only thing in his game, his positioning in attack and defence is what puts him so far ahead of robbo who is no slouch

16. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Nah, not worried - look how he bounced back after the shoulder injury.

He'll be back to his old self soon enough.

17. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That's what I was thinking. Of the players in the squad, I think Brett would be one of the players who would be able to handle it best.

I know that the knee injury affects his speed (his main weapon), but I still think that shoulder injury was worse.

Interesting thought, though, around whether or not he'll come strraight back into firsts. I don't know if I would risk him in a dodgy QLD cup game  :-\

18. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    depending on exactly what it was, wouldnt more concern be for his ability to step and swerve rather than the outright speed factor?

19. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    he'll be right.

He is a tough kid and they haven't taken this much time for no reason

TBH I wonder why they dont have some form of silocane or other implants to replace cartlidge?

20. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I thought someone was saying on here they are working on a synthetic sort of thing for exactly that Dan.

I can't remember who it was but back when he blew the knee I'm sure someone mentioned it.