Is anyone else worried?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
When Brett Stewart returns is anyone else worried that his speed won't be the same?

We have missed his dynamic speed more than anything this year. I hope the knee injury hasn't slowed him down.

It will take him a long time to get over this mentally, you dont just have knee surgery and go back to being 100%. That is my main concern, hopefully Brett will be back to his best before too long.

He can only do the best he can as far as speed goes if he has lost some I'm sure he will get it back in time it wouldn't be easy to just slot straight back in after a operation like that.

It will be great to see him back at full flight, hopefully they don't rush it but he can add some spark to our attack epecially running off one of Choc's breaks.

the only thing that worries me is that brett might be convicted although i think he is innocent (not just cos im pro manly) and the fact that he tackled merrit to cause the injury

I wonder whether Des will put him straight into 1sts when he comes back from injury or whether he gives him a run in the QLD Cup to see how he pulls up?

I'm slightly worried.  He'll either throw himself at the opposition, or he could get that feeling of self preservation and protect his knee thus altering his game.

Nothing we can do but wait and see, it'll be good just to have him back.  Morale would pick up a lot that's for sure.

And i hope there's no conviction.  That's got me the most worried.

it is a worry.. but the excitement of seeing him wearing the no.1 jersey again will wipe that worry.

his speed is far from the only thing in his game, his positioning in attack and defence is what puts him so far ahead of robbo who is no slouch

ConcernedSupporter link said:
Nah, not worried - look how he bounced back after the shoulder injury.

He'll be back to his old self soon enough.

That's what I was thinking. Of the players in the squad, I think Brett would be one of the players who would be able to handle it best.

I know that the knee injury affects his speed (his main weapon), but I still think that shoulder injury was worse.

Interesting thought, though, around whether or not he'll come strraight back into firsts. I don't know if I would risk him in a dodgy QLD cup game  :-\

depending on exactly what it was, wouldnt more concern be for his ability to step and swerve rather than the outright speed factor?

he'll be right.

He is a tough kid and they haven't taken this much time for no reason

TBH I wonder why they dont have some form of silocane or other implants to replace cartlidge?

I thought someone was saying on here they are working on a synthetic sort of thing for exactly that Dan.

I can't remember who it was but back when he blew the knee I'm sure someone mentioned it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7